The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track

Would you have any federal regulations on that 100% privatization, including the functioning of the plans?
The only regulation would be that the contributions of employees and employers stay in place.

All the rest of the investments are governed under the SEC just like all private investments.

Correct.

There are ways Social Security Retirement can be maintained, such as making the program means-tested.
So, a person struggles, saves, and invests, AND, pays into the system all their working life, and you want to set a number to whether or not they get THEIR money back according to the promise of SS?

That is theft.

It's not an assumption it is based on historical fact.

And you wouldn't have had to sacrifice anything because all you would be doing is investing the money SS took from you
How would one opt out of the SS program?

The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track​

The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track​

It must be done to free up trillions of dollars of resources. The elderly will be shamed and embarrassed at some point for taking benefits that deny others who need it. Progs are involved in this deeply.

It must be done to free up trillions of dollars of resources. The elderly will be shamed and embarrassed at some point for taking benefits that deny others who need it. Progs are involved in this deeply.
They can shame all they want, just make sure my check, (in 5 years) is in the bank.

And the defeatism about America’s retirement plan is getting worse (or, if you consider Social Security akin to communism and want to destroy it, better). The survey shows a big bump compared with last year in the number of people who expect to have to keep working in retirement because Social Security won’t be able to support them, and a big bump in the numbers planning to start claiming benefits early even while working. Some 42% now plan to file for benefits early, up from 36% just a year ago.

If you figure the system is about to go broke, you’d want to start claiming as soon as possible so you at least get something, right? Especially if you are genuinely worried you won’t see “a dime” of the benefits you’ve earned.

The propaganda scam against Social Security is proving to be a master class. It is and has always been a massively popular government program, right from when it was started. Politicians used to call Social Security the third rail of American politics: “Touch it and die.” So how do you persuade people to kill off a popular program? Simple: You persuade them it’s already dead!

Genius!

This is how people like senators Lindsey Graham and Mitt Romney can hold out the prospect of cutting back on Social Security benefits if their party wins the midterm elections and apparently nobody cares.

After all, it’s already dead, right?

(There is something especially ironic about being told that Social Security can’t be saved by a multi, multimillionaire senator who pays 14% tax, while people busing tables pay 15.3% FICA, plus whatever in income tax.)

Social Security can easily be fixed, by simply raising the salary on contributions, and means testing. Don't let the Marie Antoinettes try to convince you otherwise.

You have some good points, but a person bussing tables doesn't pay income tax. They get more back in return most often, than they pay in. The bottom 45% have a NEGATIVE income liability. And that is one problem. No one should ever get more back than they pay in. That is income redistribution, not taxation.

Social Security can be saved. Beginning with stop bills like "Build Back Better" and "Inflation ending initiative" which is nothing more than kind sounding titles for a spending whorefest. And then I have supported NOT paying any SS benefits to people who have a net worth over a certain figure. It makes no sense to pay a $millionaire money from a fund that is in trouble.

Yea...those nasty greedy elderly. Imagine wanting to retire in dignity rather than poverty

You have some good points, but a person bussing tables doesn't pay income tax. They get more back in return most often, than they pay in. The bottom 45% have a NEGATIVE income liability. And that is one problem. No one should ever get more back than they pay in. That is income redistribution, not taxation.
You're confusing Federal Income Tax and SSI withholding tax.

everyone pays SSI tax on income up to $147K.

I am not.
The OP said "FICA and then income tax on top of that"... I pointed out they don't pay income tax.
Not in the post I was quoting.

And why bitch about Income tax in a thread about social security?

Never mind. I don't care

My portfolio produces more than I need every month and will never run out. In fact I'll have more money in 20 years than I do now because I'm earning more interest than I take out.

And I didn't have to wait until 67 to retire

If i didn't get robbed by SS I would have retired in my 40s instead of my 50s
And when you die you can leave that to your heirs.

You're confusing Federal Income Tax and SSI withholding tax.

everyone pays SSI tax on income up to $147K.
Not everyone.

Some state employees don't

People who live off of their portfolios don't

Fica taxes are not paid on rental incomes

Not everyone.

Some state employees don't

People who live off of their portfolios don't

Fica taxes are not paid on rental incomes
Bussboys do and that's what we were talking about. Fuck off

Forum List

Back