The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track

It's not your money if you have to wait for the government to give it to you.
It's money from other workers. It just 'passes through' the SS administration on its way to recipients. And because I'm still working I not only collect SS but I pay into it as well, as well as paying taxes on it.

It's money from other workers. It just 'passes through' the SS administration on its way to recipients. And because I'm still working I not only collect SS but I pay into it as well, as well as paying taxes on it.
Right it isn't yours.

The government takes it from you and you have no say what they do with it or even how much of it they decide to pay back.

Right it isn't yours.

The government takes it from you and you have no say what they do with it or even how much of it they decide to pay back.
Same with taxes. The difference is that I get something back from SS. With taxes, not so much.

Same with taxes. The difference is that I get something back from SS. With taxes, not so much.

You let the government take your money get a negative return and you think you are getting something back?

Man you really are a Kool Aid drinker.

SS screwed you out of any real wealth you could have had

You let the government take your money get a negative return and you think you are getting something back?

Man you really are a Kool Aid drinker.

SS screwed you out of any real wealth you could have had
Naw. They forced me to provide for my retirement.

They could have done that in a way that would have left you with a lot more money to live on and enough to leave to your heirs but you're happy with the crumbs
Actually I have achieved my modest financial goals.

$100,000/plus annual income.
$1,000,000/plus net worth.

That's enough for me. :)

Actually I have achieved my modest financial goals.

$100,000/plus annual income.
$1,000,000/plus net worth.

That's enough for me. :)
You would have had all that a lot earlier in your life if you controlled the money the government took from you for SS.

You would have had all that a lot earlier in your life if you controlled the money the government took from you for SS.
6.2 percent is peanuts compared to the opportunities I have turned down in favor of a more peaceful and secure lifestyle. You know you have enough money when not only do you not worry about it, you don't even think about it very much.

6.2 percent is peanuts compared to the opportunities I have turned down in favor of a more peaceful and secure lifestyle. You know you have enough money when not only do you not worry about it, you don't even think about it very much.
It's 12.4% because your employer matches. That's 12.4 % of your lifetime income. If you don't care about that then you just proved yourself to be another rube

It's 12.4% because your employer matches. That's 12.4 % of your lifetime income. If you don't care about that then you just proved yourself to be another rube
My out-of-pocket contribution is 6.2. Sans SS why would my employer pay anything for my retirement? Company retirement plans are going the way of the Dodo.

Forum List

Back