chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. Brought over from a dead thread: ChemEngineer posted,
"America's First Political Document

Mayflower Compact

On November 11, 1620, needing to maintain order and establish a civil society while they waited for this new patent, the adult male passengers signed the Mayflower Compact.

THE TEXT OF THE MAYFLOWER COMPACT:

In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God of Great Britain, France, and Ireland King, Defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken for the Glory of God and advancement of the Christian Faith and Honour of our King and Country, a Voyage to plant the First Colony in the Northern Parts of Virginia, do by these presents solemnly and mutually in the presence of God and one of another, Covenant and Combine ourselves together in a Civil Body Politic, for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by virtue hereof to enact, constitute and frame such just and equal Laws, Ordinances, Acts, Constitutions and Offices from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the Colony, unto which we promise all due submission and obedience. In witness whereof we have hereunder subscribed our names at Cape Cod, the 11th of November, in the year of the reign of our Sovereign Lord King James, of England, France and Ireland the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth. Anno Domini 1620.

(William Bradford, Of Plymouth Plantation, ed. Samuel Morison, 75-6.

2. Was closed before I could post to it, so I brought it back to life.
3. This document just made it easier for the settlers to steal the land from the Indians.
4. For dear God and Britian etc.
5. Then they mowed down the Indians.
6. Pushed them to remote areas.
7. Labeled them savages.
8. All that BS needs to be corrected.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Mayflower Compact

On November 11, 1620, needing to maintain order and establish a civil society while they waited for this new patent, the adult male passengers signed the Mayflower Compact.

In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God of Great Britain, France, and Ireland King, Defender of the Faith, etc.

Having undertaken for the Glory of God and advancement of the Christian Faith and Honour of our King and Country, a Voyage to plant the First Colony in the Northern Parts of Virginia, do by these presents solemnly and mutually in the presence of God and one of another, Covenant and Combine ourselves together in a Civil Body Politic, for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by virtue hereof to enact, constitute and frame such just and equal Laws, Ordinances, Acts, Constitutions and Offices from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the Colony, unto which we promise all due submission and obedience. In witness whereof we have hereunder subscribed our names at Cape Cod, the 11th of November, in the year of the reign of our Sovereign Lord King James, of England, France and Ireland the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth. Anno Domini 1620.

3. This document just made it easier for the settlers to steal the land from the Indians.
7. Labeled them savages.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
You are sorely in need of a history lesson.

Sorry bout that,

1. My history is perfect.
2. I know and can figure out what took place.
3. History depends on who writes it.
4. Then there are people who can't be deceived.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Mayflower Compact

7. Labeled them savages.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
That's some of my ancestors who were 'boat people' your dissing. Some of them ended up taking some of the resident inhabitants for wives...

Excerpt from History of North American Families:

He selected a place on the confines of Bridgewater and purchased 6,000 acres from Wetis-pa-quin, sachem of the Neponsets. The purchase being approved by the court, the Deed may be found recorded in Book 4, page 41, in the Registry of Deeds, for Plymouth County.
The poor sole my grandfather bought it from was murdered by a rival Indians.

Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative, chesswarsnow....

That's some of my ancestors who were 'boat people' your dissing. Some of them ended up taking some of the resident inhabitants for wives...
Sorry bout that,

1. Mine too, but reality sets in a you know its all true, you must say the truth.
2. The truth shall set you free.
3. The settlers stole these lands, forcibly took it from the Indians.
4. No matter how you look at it, it stares back at you like this.
5. Good thing the US government does allow them to govern themselves.
6. Which has it own set of warts, but I'm sure they prefer it the way it is.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Mayflower Compact

7. Labeled them savages.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Sorry bout that,

sure enough - that type lost the revolutionary war when england was defeated and with england they too and their religion were dissasociated from the new country.

Excerpt from History of North American Families:

He selected a place on the confines of Bridgewater and purchased 6,000 acres from Wetis-pa-quin, sachem of the Neponsets. The purchase being approved by the court, the Deed may be found recorded in Book 4, page 41, in the Registry of Deeds, for Plymouth County.
The poor sole my grandfather bought it from was murdered by a rival Indians.

Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative, chesswarsnow....
Sorry bout that,

*Fits Perfectly*
1. How do you buy land from a man who doesn't understand selling apiece of land?
2. 25 cents an acre isn't buying, its token transfer of deed.
2. (a) Likely gave $150.00 for 6000 acres.
3. Greed.
4. Coveting.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Mine too, but reality sets in a you know its all true, you must say the truth.
2. The truth shall set you free.
3. The settlers stole these lands, forcibly took it from the Indians.
4. No matter how you look at it, it stares back at you like this.
5. Good thing the US government does allow them to govern themselves.
6. Which has it own set of warts, but I'm sure they prefer it the way it is.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Truth is no one but God owned the land then. Hell even now people do not truly own a damn thing because the government can take it away if you do not pay them yearly to keep it and even then they can still take it any time they want without all their bullshit laws. Now stuff that up your keester and mull it around for awhile.

Sorry bout that,

1. Just image, one day an angry mob of white people show up and want everything, and also want you dead, *having fire sticks that shoot metal fragments* or they want to send you and your people off to a remote place where you are not sure whats up or down?
2. And image you have no formal education on top of that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. As far as time is concerned its relatively fresh.
2. Started about 400 years ago.
3. Here I will give you a hand full of beads for that small useless island.
4. I am sure Indians had many bad deals like Staten Island. *Satan Island* or Manhattan Island same thing both stolen.
5. Shine A Light Into Darkness.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. But what of the Indians?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
What about them?

The Mayflower Compact was signed November 1620.

The Land Ordinance Act of 1785 was the beginning of property rights in the United States. It created the legal framework for land ownership in which lands could be legally transferred through a land patent using a document called a title...

Sorry bout that,

1. Those who made deals with Indians took land at less than penny on the dollar, likely same as your ancestors.
2. Maybe a high price was a penny an acre.
3. Face it, the Compact only was to make it legal within the laws of white mankind, in reality it was a white wash.
4. Lipstick on a pig?
5. Capiche?
6. I'm not trying to be rude, just telling *ALL* the truth on the matter.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I have many properties I paid for, more than a few, and my ancestors didn't pass any of them down to me, I worked for *ALL* of them.
2. I am a mongrel white descent, German and British, with a few others thrown in.
3. My eyes are wide open and I can see the historical truth.
4. People of Europe of which I came from took this land from the native people the Indians.
5. I think that, that is shameful, and historically corrupt.
6. Sure we've allowed the Indians a little room to join in our ranks, but in the end we took over these lands.
7. No matter what good comes of USA, we will never be able to shake these facts of how we started.
8. Perhaps there is a way to revert those early days of wrongs that happened.
9. Lets ask the Indians if there is anything we can do to right those wrongs, even after all these years.
10. Its the least we could do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Perhaps a visual will help you.

See this little badger thinks he owns that land he's digging a burrow (house) on. He hasn't a clue that a higher authority actually rules over the land and he is merely a resident on the land. One day someone comes along decides to develop the land and they bulldoze his burrow to plant daisies there. The badger is upset but the badger did not have a government setup to defend his rights. He was merely an occupant until a deed was created for the land to be developed. The badger lived by instincts and God had control of the land he resided on.

Sorry bout that,

1. So the Indians are savages to you?
2. Animals even?
3. Gosh you are totally out of touch with reality.
4. Please stop posting in this thread, you are beyond help.
5. You can disagree strongly, and you can disagree with the truth, but the truth always wins over falsehoods.
6. No offense but your beam in your eye is huge, and the truth I'm saying is not strong enough to help you dislodge it.
7. Good luck.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It is an open forum so I will post as I please. Your precepts and presumptions are totally of your own creation from your own ignorance and very telling about your mind being being full of gutter trash.

Again, only God had ownership until the land was settled and a government was established. If the Indians tribes between themselves had all had a government structure between themselves setup they would have been formidable for the Pilgrims but the fact is they didn't.

Forum List

Back