The Life of Jesus

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I've asked this question before to different Christians and I'm always intrigued of how they're going to answer it. We all know Jesus was sinless, but do you think He ever made mistakes that involves not sinning? Like did He ever get tongue tied or misspell something? Also, do you think He always knew right from wrong or did He have to be taught it first? Since not knowing any better doesn't really count for sinning in my book. (I mean obviously if He got told no as a toddler He would instantly obey as He didn't have temper tantrums, but I'm talking about before that here.)

Also, bonus question. Do you think that Jesus got ill as an infant and a child and even as an adult? I think I read somewhere that sin and illness go together, but I don't remember if it was from the Bible. Here's what I think though about all of this. All we know from the Bible is that Jesus was sinless and He was the perfect sacrifice for our sins on the cross. Now, whether or not that means He didn't make any mistakes and always knew right from wrong is questionable since we just know He was sinless period.

We are also getting close to Christmastime and a lot of people seem to think that that song Away In A Manger meant that Jesus NEVER cried. (The little Lord Jesus no crying He makes part.) However, we already know that's not true because the shortest verse in the Bible is Jesus wept. John 11:35. So of course He cried as a baby, child, and an adult because crying if it's done out of sadness, pain, or communication when you can't speak yet is not a sin. It's only a sin if it's done when you can't get your own way. Anyways, I'm curious to hear all of your thoughts about this.

I've asked this question before to different Christians and I'm always intrigued of how they're going to answer it. We all know Jesus was sinless, but do you think He ever made mistakes that involves not sinning? Like did He ever get tongue tied or misspell something? Also, do you think He always knew right from wrong or did He have to be taught it first? Since not knowing any better doesn't really count for sinning in my book. (I mean obviously if He got told no as a toddler He would instantly obey as He didn't have temper tantrums, but I'm talking about before that here.)

Also, bonus question. Do you think that Jesus got ill as an infant and a child and even as an adult? I think I read somewhere that sin and illness go together, but I don't remember if it was from the Bible. Here's what I think though about all of this. All we know from the Bible is that Jesus was sinless and He was the perfect sacrifice for our sins on the cross. Now, whether or not that means He didn't make any mistakes and always knew right from wrong is questionable since we just know He was sinless period.

We are also getting close to Christmastime and a lot of people seem to think that that song Away In A Manger meant that Jesus NEVER cried. (The little Lord Jesus no crying He makes part.) However, we already know that's not true because the shortest verse in the Bible is Jesus wept. John 11:35. So of course He cried as a baby, child, and an adult because crying if it's done out of sadness, pain, or communication when you can't speak yet is not a sin. It's only a sin if it's done when you can't get your own way. Anyways, I'm curious to hear all of your thoughts about this.
If I recall my scripture correctly, his closest followers and members of his own family did not know he as divine so I'd wager he was a normal child and did all the things normal children do.

• Banned
If I recall my scripture correctly, his closest followers and members of his own family did not know he as divine so I'd wager he was a normal child and did all the things normal children do.

Except sin of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, really? A child without "sin", and also just a normal child. Seems absurd.

• Banned
I don't know, that doesn't sound 'normal' to me. I think it would have made him stand out more than he apparently did.

Yeah, but Jesus was God in human flesh. So the human part of Him was normal, but He also performed miracles as an adult and was without sin. Otherwise the sacrifice at the cross wouldn't have worked. As He was the ONLY one without sin and I can't emphasis that enough because a lot of people think that Mary was sinless, but if she was then she could have just died on the cross for us.

1. jesus '''sinned''''...he was not a god/not son of god
2. sin is a religious term---= fairy tales = fake ..religion is BELIEFS = fake
3. he was just a man liker all others

You should be ashamed of yourself. Christianity has reached the status it holds by it's believers just pretending all the hard questions should be ignored. Now you want to confuse everybody with a question that requires thought. The standard answer to questions like yours has always been " You should pray more, and don't question the Lord !!!"

His family as did others knew. This was recorded in Luke 1:26.

The Bible doesn't tell much of Jesus' early years. But He most likely knew, as God was most likely constantly speaking to Him from the day He was born.

Then there was what happened in Luke 2:41-52...

The Boy Jesus Amazes the Scholars​

41His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And [l]Joseph and His mother did not know it; 44but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”

49And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” 50But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

Jesus Advances in Wisdom and Favor​

51Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was [m]subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. 52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Yeah, but Jesus was God in human flesh. So the human part of Him was normal, but He also performed miracles as an adult and was without sin. Otherwise the sacrifice at the cross wouldn't have worked. As He was the ONLY one without sin and I can't emphasis that enough because a lot of people think that Mary was sinless, but if she was then she could have just died on the cross for us.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the sacrifice at the cross wouldn't have worked"? God was the judge of what needed to be sacrificed, if anything. He could have accepted whatever he wanted.

His family as did others knew. This was recorded in Luke 1:26.

The Bible doesn't tell much of Jesus' early years. But He most likely knew, as God was most likely constantly speaking to Him from the day He was born.

Then here was Luke 2:41-52...

The Boy Jesus Amazes the Scholars​

41His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And [l]Joseph and His mother did not know it; 44but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”

49And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” 50But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

Jesus Advances in Wisdom and Favor​

51Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was [m]subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. 52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Oh yeah, I forgot about the thing that happened when He was twelve years old. So He definitely knew who He was at some point in His childhood. I would think that His parents would tell Him about what happened when He was born since it was a really miraculous birth. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "the sacrifice at the cross wouldn't have worked"? God was the judge of what needed to be sacrificed, if anything. He could have accepted whatever he wanted.

Because all of us fall short except for Christ. Not like it gives us license to sin, but we are all born sinners except for Jesus. That part can't be helped.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the thing that happened when He was twelve years old. So He definitely knew who He was at some point in His childhood. I would think that His parents would tell Him about what happened when He was born since it was a really miraculous birth. :)

I would guess that Jesus figured that out pretty early.

Because all of us fall short except for Christ. Not like it gives us license to sin, but we are all born sinners except for Jesus. That part can't be helped.
I certainly agree we're all sinners but I never understood why Jesus had to die since it was essentially paying a debt to yourself.

I certainly agree we're all sinners but I never understood why Jesus had to die since it was essentially paying a debt to yourself.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I don't know how to explain it any better or differently. (Btw, with some of the liberals out there and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,.. trying not to sin has gotten even harder since they frustrate me so much.)

I'm not sure what you're saying, but I don't know how to explain it any better or differently. (Btw, with some of the liberals out there and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,.. trying not to sin has gotten even harder since they frustrate me so much.)
Who determined that Jesus had to die for our sins?

I don't know, that doesn't sound 'normal' to me. I think it would have made him stand out more than he apparently did.
Plus, father/son day at school would have been awkward.
God.

Yeah, but it could have been even younger than that as like JGalt already said,.. not much is known about His childhood.
A strange set of circumstances, given three kings visited him as a newborn. They suddenly stopped caring?

Forum List

Back