The GOP's New Fake Racial History

Including the recent use of lies of ommission to demonize ACORN. .

I don't think you want to go there. the article that started this mish mash off is a treatise in omission and selectivity.

It's one more supporting fact that the GOP is still actively trying to disenfranchise African American voters. It's tough to sell an argument that all those Southern racists are all of a sudden repentant, when the facts show otherwise.

Haley Barbour is a liar, and IMO, an unrepentant racist. If he weren't he wouldn't still be associated with racist groups like the Council of Conservative Citizens. The lies he spouted in the interview and op-ed from the OP, are clear that he and Republicans are still trying to revise well known and documented recent history.

gee Nixon was a conniving son of a bitch, I'll alert the media, I don't see how this helps your case.

the op as crappy as it is, appears to be saying with a great deal of inference and supposition, outright intellectual dishonesty, and huge lack of detail and analysis, that the south decided they now had to leave the dem. party move rep. so as to embrace their segregationist self.....to the party who had voted overwhelmingly FOR civil rights.

You throw us the head of Nixon and say see, there it is!!!..proof....no sale.

as a general note, I love it when a guy posts an article makes 6 responses in the first 3 pages, 2 of them pics and 3 one lines and then disappears from this own thread....but he has a history of that so, what the helll..

The proof is the outcome. Southern racist Democrats realigned with the GOP, and the keystone event was the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and the evidence that Nixon exploited that racial hate is well documented.

so they voted with the republicans for civil rights???????

No, they wound up purging the Republican party of liberals who supported civil rights.

Including the recent use of lies of ommission to demonize ACORN. .

I don't think you want to go there. the article that started this mish mash off is a treatise in omission and selectivity.

It's one more supporting fact that the GOP is still actively trying to disenfranchise African American voters. It's tough to sell an argument that all those Southern racists are all of a sudden repentant, when the facts show otherwise.

Haley Barbour is a liar, and IMO, an unrepentant racist. If he weren't he wouldn't still be associated with racist groups like the Council of Conservative Citizens. The lies he spouted in the interview and op-ed from the OP, are clear that he and Republicans are still trying to revise well known and documented recent history.

gee he made an appearance at a CCC event whoooa ..:lol:

hey wait. Obama, Ayres?...no nothing to see here, your a nut for bringing it up, move on.....

give me a break please, you are displaying the same myopia and selectivity the article did.

hey wait. Obama, Ayres?...no nothing to see here, your a nut for bringing it up, move on.....

give me a break please, you are displaying the same myopia and selectivity the article did.

He made many more than one appearance with the CCC. Did Obama meet with an individual, who is leader in education reform, or did he meet with the Weathermen? You don't see the difference?

Apparently the GOP feels the need to have its Southern members like Haley Barbour go out and spread the lie that it wasn't race that caused the Democrats in the South to go running full-speed to the Republican party. It was....some other reason.

Can you believe that tripe? Read it and weep.

The GOP's new fake racial history - War Room - Salon.com

*SMH*

it wasnt race. It was business.

If you research the truth, very few democrats actually changed parties after civil rights. It wasn't until much later republicans became pro business.

"Most of the Dixiecrats did not become Republicans. They created the Dixiecrats and then, when the civil rights movement succeeded, they returned to the Democratic fold. It was not till much later, with a new, younger breed of Southerner and the thousands of Northerners moving into the South, that Republicans began to make gains.

I know. I was there."

"JFK evolved into a true believer in the civil rights movement when it became such an overwhelming historical and moral imperative that he had no choice. As a matter of record, when Kennedy was a senator from Massachusetts, he had an opportunity to vote on the 1957 Civil Rights Act pushed by Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson. Instead, he voted to send it to the conservative Senate Judiciary Committee, where it would have been pigeonholed."

Republicans and Civil Rights

"Most of the Dixiecrats did not become Republicans. They created the Dixiecrats and then, when the civil rights movement succeeded, they returned to the Democratic fold. It was not till much later, with a new, younger breed of Southerner and the thousands of Northerners moving into the South, that Republicans began to make gains.

I know. I was there."

"JFK evolved into a true believer in the civil rights movement when it became such an overwhelming historical and moral imperative that he had no choice. As a matter of record, when Kennedy was a senator from Massachusetts, he had an opportunity to vote on the 1957 Civil Rights Act pushed by Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson. Instead, he voted to send it to the conservative Senate Judiciary Committee, where it would have been pigeonholed."

Yet, the 1957 bill did pass. Granted it was a watered down version of what Ike had wanted, but laid several foundations that made passage of the wider 1964 version, including Title 3 possible. Specifically, it created a Civil Rights Division within DOJ and a Civil Rights Commission which gave Johnson some political cover for the 1964 Act.

I'm glad you posted that. It seems even Newsmax is calling some here, who claimed that Johnson fought against the 1957 bill, are full of crap.

He made many more than one appearance with the CCC. Did Obama meet with an individual, who is leader in education reform, or did he meet with the Weathermen? You don't see the difference?

did he launch his coming out party in Ayers home? ....meet with him numerous times on "education reform" then have the msm do their level best to ignore it? enquiring minds want to know.:lol: ( well not really, its history now right?)

I know. I was there."

Yet, the 1957 bill did pass. Granted it was a watered down version of what Ike had wanted, but laid several foundations that made passage of the wider 1964 version, including Title 3 possible. Specifically, it created a Civil Rights Division within DOJ and a Civil Rights Commission which gave Johnson some political cover for the 1964 Act.

I'm glad you posted that. It seems even Newsmax is calling some here, who claimed that Johnson fought against the 1957 bill, are full of crap.

Everything I learned about Ike and Civil Right, I just learned on Google in 2 minutes.

Apparently the GOP feels the need to have its Southern members like Haley Barbour go out and spread the lie that it wasn't race that caused the Democrats in the South to go running full-speed to the Republican party. It was....some other reason.

*SMH*

Haley wants people to deny reality. Like when Lyndon Johnson and Justice Black warned about the reactions of their southern brethren

don't ya just love how the wingnuts hijack a thread and make it all about personal attacks and bury the OP or the reasoned and rational discussion?

*SMH*

Thats one of the most bizzare attempts by the liberal salon.com to justify why the democrat party has passed so many laws (segregation brought to you by the democratic party after the republican party brought the civil war to free the slaves)that are inherantly bad for minorities and their communities.

Never mind the results of LBJ's war on poverty, this woman understands it (toward the end of the video after the abortion arguing)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX864fXR1A0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Black Conservatives Blast Al Sharpton Protesters in DC 8/28[/ame]

Ok dante, back on track.

Caging (voter suppression) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1980s
In 1981 and 1986 the Republican National Committee (RNC) sent out letters to predominately African-American neighborhoods. When tens of thousands of them were returned undeliverable, the party successfully challenged the voters and had them deleted from voting rolls. Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that targeted minorities or conducting mail campaigns to "compile voter challenge lists."[5]
Yes, it's so horrible to engage in anti-fraud initiatives.

But only when they target Democrats.

The majority of the south is still Democratic.

The majority of the south formed the racist Southern strategy of the GOP for decades.

They're still mostly Democrats and the GOP's Southern Strategy was almost 40 years ago. Who gives a shit? It has nothing to do with the Republicans of the 21st century. Rational people understand this. Reactionary people and bigots like Marc do not.
who gives a fuck?

listen you hateful little prick, the Southern Strategy may be 40 years old but it was in use until very recently. Some say it has been reactivated by the likes of Haley Barbour and dupes like you -- northern misfits who feel safe surrounded by southern bigots who know how to play the game very well.

who gives a fuck?

The GOP of the 21st is looking backward to win because it is bankrupt. What is in the rear view mirror? yep, the Southern strategy.

"Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." LBJ in 1967 about one of the stupidest men to sit on SCOTUS, Thurgood Marshall

Forum List

Back