The GOP's New Fake Racial History

Apparently the GOP feels the need to have its Southern members like Haley Barbour go out and spread the lie that it wasn't race that caused the Democrats in the South to go running full-speed to the Republican party. It was....some other reason.

Can you believe that tripe? Read it and weep.

The GOP's new fake racial history - War Room - Salon.com

*SMH*

Haley wants people to deny reality. Like when Lyndon Johnson and Justice Black warned about the reactions of their southern brethren

don't ya just love how the wingnuts hijack a thread and make it all about personal attacks and bury the OP or the reasoned and rational discussion?
"OMFG teh GOP are all racists!!! LOL!!!" is not reasoned and rational discussion.

"Most of the Dixiecrats did not become Republicans. They created the Dixiecrats and then, when the civil rights movement succeeded, they returned to the Democratic fold. It was not till much later, with a new, younger breed of Southerner and the thousands of Northerners moving into the South, that Republicans began to make gains.

I know. I was there."

"JFK evolved into a true believer in the civil rights movement when it became such an overwhelming historical and moral imperative that he had no choice. As a matter of record, when Kennedy was a senator from Massachusetts, he had an opportunity to vote on the 1957 Civil Rights Act pushed by Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson. Instead, he voted to send it to the conservative Senate Judiciary Committee, where it would have been pigeonholed."

Republicans and Civil Rights

Yet, the 1957 bill did pass. Granted it was a watered down version of what Ike had wanted, but laid several foundations that made passage of the wider 1964 version, including Title 3 possible. Specifically, it created a Civil Rights Division within DOJ and a Civil Rights Commission which gave Johnson some political cover for the 1964 Act.

I'm glad you posted that. It seems even Newsmax is calling some here, who claimed that Johnson fought against the 1957 bill, are full of crap.

Everything I learned about Ike and Civil Right, I just learned on Google in 2 minutes.

It shows. Yet you run around calling people who have been following this history for decades, liars. What does that say about you?

Apparently the GOP feels the need to have its Southern members like Haley Barbour go out and spread the lie that it wasn't race that caused the Democrats in the South to go running full-speed to the Republican party. It was....some other reason.

Can you believe that tripe? Read it and weep.

The GOP's new fake racial history - War Room - Salon.com

*SMH*

Thats one of the most bizzare attempts by the liberal salon.com to justify why the democrat party has passed so many laws (segregation brought to you by the democratic party after the republican party brought the civil war to free the slaves)that are inherantly bad for minorities and their communities.

Never mind the results of LBJ's war on poverty, this woman understands it (toward the end of the video after the abortion arguing)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX864fXR1A0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Black Conservatives Blast Al Sharpton Protesters in DC 8/28[/ame]

Ok dante, back on track.

segregation brought to you by the democratic party after the republican party brought the civil war to free the slaves?

The liberals in the GOP who ended the Civil War the southern conservatives started?

Segregation initiated by southern conservatives who left the DNC for the GOP and gave the GOP a Southern strategy based on race baiting?

Al Sharpton is no big Democrat. He's run nationally and got what percentage of the Democratic vote?

Salon is on trial?

:cuckoo:

Yet, the 1957 bill did pass. Granted it was a watered down version of what Ike had wanted, but laid several foundations that made passage of the wider 1964 version, including Title 3 possible. Specifically, it created a Civil Rights Division within DOJ and a Civil Rights Commission which gave Johnson some political cover for the 1964 Act.

I'm glad you posted that. It seems even Newsmax is calling some here, who claimed that Johnson fought against the 1957 bill, are full of crap.

Everything I learned about Ike and Civil Right, I just learned on Google in 2 minutes.

It shows. Yet you run around calling people who have been following this history for decades, liars. What does that say about you?

That he knows far more than you do?

I'm afraid I dont have time to read or respond to Mr Tuck's insane diatribes that are unsupported by facts.
Sorry, guy.

The thread started with you hardly even knowing Ike was President much less that he passed the first Civil Rights Act AND used the military to bust southern Democrat segregation.

Now all of a sudden your an expert on the 1957 Act.

uh huh

Last edited:
Thats one of the most bizzare attempts by the liberal salon.com to justify why the democrat party has passed so many laws (segregation brought to you by the democratic party after the republican party brought the civil war to free the slaves)that are inherantly bad for minorities and their communities.

Never mind the results of LBJ's war on poverty, this woman understands it (toward the end of the video after the abortion arguing)

YouTube - Black Conservatives Blast Al Sharpton Protesters in DC 8/28

Ok dante, back on track.

segregation brought to you by the democratic party after the republican party brought the civil war to free the slaves?

The liberals in the GOP who ended the Civil War the southern conservatives started?

Segregation initiated by southern conservatives who left the DNC for the GOP and gave the GOP a Southern strategy based on race baiting?

Al Sharpton is no big Democrat. He's run nationally and got what percentage of the Democratic vote?

Salon is on trial?

:cuckoo:

During the Reconstruction period of 1865–1877 federal law provided civil rights protection in the South for "freedmen" — the African Americans who had formerly been slaves. In the 1870s, white Democrats gradually returned to power in southern states, sometimes as a result of elections in which paramilitary groups intimidated opponents, attacking blacks or preventing them from voting. Gubernatorial elections were close and disputed in Louisiana for years, with extreme violence unleashed during the campaign. In 1877, a national compromise to gain southern support in the presidential election resulted in the last of the federal troops being withdrawn from the South. White Democrats had regained power in every Southern state.[4] The white, Democratic Party Redeemer government that followed the troop withdrawal legislated Jim Crow laws segregating black people from the state's white population.

Blacks were still elected to local offices in the 1880s, but the establishment Democrats were passing laws to make voter registration and elections more restrictive, with the result that participation by most blacks and many poor whites began to decrease. Starting with Mississippi in 1890, through 1910 the former Confederate states passed new constitutions or amendments that effectively disfranchised most blacks and tens of thousands of poor whites through a combination of poll taxes, literacy and comprehension tests, and residency and record-keeping requirements. Grandfather clauses temporarily permitted some illiterate whites to vote. Voter turnout dropped drastically through the South as a result of such measures.

Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...laws...that are inherantly bad for minorities and their communities.

Ok dante, back on track.

the laws you disingenuously denounce are the main reason any black conservative has a voice in today's media or GOP. It was reaction to these laws and the criticisms of the GOP that led the GOP to look for and scout out Black Conservatives.

Shit, way back, the black Us Senator from Mass., was a liberal Republican -- unwelcome in today's GOP.

you need to do better.

your disingenuous arguments with weak to pathetic logic is embarrassing to address, but every once in a while a good spanking is needed.

consider yourself spanked.

Ok dante, back on track.

the laws you disingenuously denounce are the main reason any black conservative has a voice in today's media or GOP. It was reaction to these laws and the criticisms of the GOP that led the GOP to look for and scout out Black Conservatives.

Shit, way back, the black Us Senator from Mass., was a liberal Republican -- unwelcome in today's GOP.

you need to do better.

your disingenuous arguments with weak to pathetic logic is embarrassing to address, but every once in a while a good spanking is needed.

Your post wasn't even coherent, much less a "spanking."

Ok dante, back on track.

you need to do better.

Quoted for posterity, see the post above this one which I quoted ;).

Ok dante, back on track.

you need to do better.

PeePee's disingenuous dribble was edited out. You are free to go back to the links or defend the indefensible -- apologies for the racism of southern conservatives who were embraced with open arms into the GOP after being thrown out of the DNC because blacks were guaranteed rights by laws

you need to do better.

PeePee's disingenuous dribble was edited out. You are free to go back to the links or defend the indefensible -- apologies for the racism of southern conservatives who were embraced with open arms into the GOP after being thrown out of the DNC because blacks were guaranteed rights by laws

I posted a link to a very long page with Jim Crow laws where I got the section I quoted from. Your not supposed to quote the entire article per USMB rules.

That is a very disingenuous attack on my post.

Jim Crow laws were passed by southern conservatives. :clap2:

Southern Conservatives who now make up the base for the GOP's southern strategy. :lol:

Reading Comprehension.

from your wiki link: "Generally, the remaining Jim Crow laws were overruled by the Civil Rights Act of 1964[1] and the Voting Rights Act of 1965."

The acts that led southern conservatives to bolt from the DNC into the welcoming arms of cynical GOP leaders who initiated the GOP's racist Southern strategy.

A strategy that a sitting GOP Chairman (and Bush campaign chairman), during the term of President George W. Bush, later publicly apologized for.

Last edited:

The thread started with you hardly even knowing Ike was President much less that he passed the first Civil Rights Act AND used the military to bust southern Democrat segregation.

uh huh

No, it shows you're full of shit when you claimed that Johnson fought against the bill, when even the loonies at NewsMax show you wrong.

uh huh

southern Democrat segregation? :lol:

Southern Conservative Segregation. :cool:

The Democrats who loved Jim Crow and hated the 'niggar' were and are conservatives who became Republicans.

Jim Crow laws were passed by southern conservatives. :clap2:

Southern Conservatives who now make up the base for the GOP's southern strategy. :lol:

Reading Comprehension.

from your wiki link: "Generally, the remaining Jim Crow laws were overruled by the Civil Rights Act of 1964[1] and the Voting Rights Act of 1965."

The acts that led southern conservatives to bolt from the DNC into the welcoming arms of cynical GOP leaders who initiated the GOP's racist Southern strategy.

A strategy that a sitting GOP Chairman (and Bush campaign chairman), during the term of President George W. Bush, later publicly apologized for.

That doesn't change the fact that democrats introduced segregation nor does the fact that the democrats introduced segregation excuse the poor behavior of republicans in the 1960's.

Woodrow Wilson and his congress capped it off, from the left leaning PBS website:

Woodrow Wilson's record on race relations was not very good. African Americans welcomed his election in 1912, but they were worried too. During his first term in office, the House passed a law making racial intermarriage a felony in the District of Columbia. His new Postmaster General also ordered that his Washington offices be segregated, with the Treasury and Navy soon doing the same. Suddenly, photographs were required of all applicants for federal jobs. When pressed by black leaders, Wilson replied, "The purpose of these measures was to reduce the friction Ö It is as far as possible from being a movement against the Negroes. I sincerely believe it to be in their interest."

PBS - American Experience: Woodrow Wilson | Wilson- A Portrait

uh huh

southern Democrat segregation? :lol:

Southern Conservative Segregation. :cool:

The Democrats who loved Jim Crow and hated the 'niggar' were and are conservatives who became Republicans.

You'd have to be a complete fucking moron to believe that die hard Southern Democrat cracker, peckerwood racists like LBJ, Bobby Byrd and Al Gore Sr were Conservatives.

Oh, wait.

Forum List

Back