The "FAITH" of the atheist.

What I have faith in

1652356282836.png

The Building Blocks of the Universe

Personally, I'm a tolerant atheist. I wasn't brought up in a religious family. I'm an atheist from birth.

I certainly do not identify with ex-Christians who lost their faith. I've known plenty of them. Typically, they lose their Christian faith during their teens during their rebellious phase against their religious parents.

And if they never psychologically mature past that rebellious phase, due to drug abuse, brain injury, or mental disease, they become Democrats.

Then since their morals are so intertwined with their religion, when they lose their religious faith, their morals go out the window with their faith.

They tend to end up being Democrats.
Xianity is #1 on the planet for secreting atheism, so the concept of "losing faith" may not be a good choice. If a religion produces atheism, there are reasons for that production operating outside of the individual's head. Suggested reading is Shults, Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism.

Agnosticism is the place to be if you are the hedging your bets type. ;)
Agreed, because it's at least intelligent enough to doubt ("We'll see.") rather than the surety that is simply projecting stupidity so that stupidity always gets the reality it deserves (aka the illusion it deserves). The concept of non-life producing life is akin to the illusion of not being dead once we already are, which is both the basis for belief in eternity and for radical atheism.

Agnosticism is the place to be if you are the hedging your bets type.

Not really. If anything, if there is a vengeful sky pixie up there, and you've made the wrong choice, or no choice, I don't think he or she is going to be anymore forgiving.

What are all you Christians going to do if you get to heaven and you find out the Muslims were right? Do you think Allah will have mercy on you?

Not really. If anything, if there is a vengeful sky pixie up there, and you've made the wrong choice, or no choice, I don't think he or she is going to be anymore forgiving.

What are all you Christians going to do if you get to heaven and you find out the Muslims were right? Do you think Allah will have mercy on you?
I'd not see it as a big deal as far as who was in charge. I'd just be glad I would not be sitting at the bar in hell with Ted Kennedy waiting for that high-ball that never shows-up. ;)

I'd not see it as a big deal as far as who was in charge. I'd just be glad I would not be sitting at the bar in hell with Ted Kennedy waiting for that high-ball that never shows-up.

Except if you find out Allah is in charge, you'll be sitting right next to Ted in Jahannam.

My biggest worry is that the Shintos are right, and Amaterasu wants to have a word with me about my Asian women fetish.

It's no different than believing some magical being snapped its fingers and the entire universe just appeared
That's not the way it happened. It took God around a week starting with light and spacetime. Later an angel named Lucifer and his followers decided to go against Him because Lucifer couldn't get a promotion to God-status and rebelled to become Satan :dev3:. We all know who this guy is automatically. You can't even explain how spacetime, universe and Earth happened nor your history. Thus, you are wrong and a loser, loser, loser. Prolly FOREVER.

That's not the way it happened. It took God around a week starting with light and spacetime. Later an angel named Lucifer and his followers decided to go against Him because Lucifer couldn't get a promotion to God-status and rebelled to become Satan :dev3:. We all know who this guy is automatically. You can't even explain how spacetime, universe and Earth happened nor your history. Thus, you are wrong and a loser, loser, loser. Prolly FOREVER.

Wow, guy, that's not in the Bible.

That's in Paradise Lost...

Your image of Satan has less to do with the Bible and more to do with Dante and Milton.

Wow, guy, that's not in the Bible.

That's in Paradise Lost...

Your image of Satan has less to do with the Bible and more to do with Dante and Milton.
The name Lucifer may not be in the Bible, but his story is.

Here's where I get the story:

"How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit." Isaiah 14:12-15

It would be weird to call him Day Star or Morning Star, but the latin translation for morning star is "lucifer." Does that satisfy you, oh Satan's critic of the Bible one?

ETA: It is in King James Version. There you go.
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" Isaiah 14

Last edited:
You must believe.....

....nothing produced everything
....non life produced life.
....randomness produced precision.
....chaos produced order.

Yes, I simply don't have that much faith.
The way u present your take it sounds like you're in some kind of fight, it's just like most atheist threads where they make fun of God. My take is that we ultimately should have the same conclusions.

Let's just start w/ your first statement, and it should read (either stated by theist or atheist) that ...we can never know what produced everything and we all have our own preferred guesses. The second should be worded (imho) ...there are conflicting opinions about the origin of life and the topic is controversial.

Can we agree on this?

Was that rote list taken from the Jimmy Swaggart ministries? It includes all the expected slogans and cliches'.
Satan wants to replace God or at least move up to His level. He wants you to worship him. And this is what has happened to not only Swaggart who was defrocked to those who are enablers of atheism using evolution like you.

It's no different than believing some magical being snapped its fingers and the entire universe just appeared

It's entirely different. In one view, intelligence is the cause. In the other view, dumb luck. Which of those two is capable of creating this amazing universe and everything in it? Gee, that's a toughie.

The OP is absolutely correct. I would never have enough faith to be an atheist. :dunno:

OOOH so he snapped his fingers 7 times

And just because we can't explain everything is not reason to invent gods'

I have no problem saying we don;t know everything. In fact I think that we will never know everything because our brains have very real processing limits and that there are things we will never be capable of understating because our brains are incapably of the thought processed necessary.

My dogs will never understand prime numbers because their brains are incapable of that type of thought.

Our brains are made up of the exact same stuff dogs' brains are we just happen to have more of that stuff crammed into our skulls. So there will be things we can never understand

Last edited:
It's entirely different. In one view, intelligence is the cause. In the other view, dumb luck. Which of those two is capable of creating this amazing universe and everything in it? Gee, that's a toughie.

The OP is absolutely correct. I would never have enough faith to be an atheist. :dunno:
Once again this is simplistic duality.

IF gods exist there is absolutely no reason to think the god of the bible is one of them.

I don;t know if gods exist and I really don;t care if they do or not but the proof is not there either way

Satan wants to replace God or at least move up to His level. He wants you to worship him. And this is what has happened to not only Swaggart who was defrocked to those who are enablers of atheism using evolution like you.
Thanks. I know with conviction that enabling knowledge and rationality supersedes your need to enable fear, self-loathing and ignorance.

Every silly slogan and cliche' in the hyper-religious playbook.

The name Lucifer may not be in the Bible, but his story is.

Here's where I get the story:

"How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit." Isaiah 14:12-15

Actually, you should read the whole passage in context. It's not about the fall of Satan, but the fall of Babylon. It is followed by prophecies of doom against the Philistines and Moabites...

In fact, Satan is RARELY mentioned in the Old Testament.

He only really becomes a thing in the New Testament and Christianity, when all these Zoroastrian ideas started seeping into the Abrahamic Religions.

It would be weird to call him Day Star or Morning Star, but the latin translation for morning star is "lucifer." Does that satisfy you, oh Satan's critic of the Bible one?

Well, no, it wouldn't be weird to call the King of Babylon the "Day Star" or "Morning Star", as it (the planet Venus) was the brightest star in the heavens, even being visible during the daytime. The Morning Star was also associated with not only the royalty of Babylon, but the Babylonian goddess Ishtar.

Forum List

Back