Zone1 so where in the Bible does it say it's a sin to talk to Mary?

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
I've read the entire DR Bible, most reliable version known to man

Never have I seen it there that we cannot talk to Christ's Mother. That said, I actually naturally talk to Jesus and the Father more than I do Mary, but still...

Yeh... If we are to always go by the Bible (and not so much the Church that produced it)

I say we Catholics are good to talk to Mary

since it is not forbidden in the Bible...

Never have I seen it there that we cannot talk to Christ's Mother. That said, I actually naturally talk to Jesus and the Father more than I do Mary, but still...

Yeh... If we are to always go by the Bible (and not so much the Church that produced it)

It is not in the Bible. Perhaps you got the impression from a song, The Association.

There are prayers to Mary... called the prayers of Fatima...

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the intercessor between us and God. I Timothy 2:5 says there is one God and one Mediator. You can talk to Mary or any other dead person if you wish, but Mary is not an intercessor.

The Bible does have some strong words about praying to the dead. Deuteronomy 8:11,

Oh my goodness! Check out these horrible prayers Mary asked us to pray! I think I'm going to have to ditch Mary after all!

The 5 Prayers of Fatima​

1) The Fatima Prayer (Decade Prayer)

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy. Amen.​

Mary told the children that people should add this prayer to the end of each decade of the Rosary.

2) The Pardon Prayer

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love Thee. I beg pardon for all those that do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee. Amen.​

This prayer was given to the children by the Angel of Peace that visited them in 1916, the year before Mary appeared to them.

3) The Angel’s Prayer

O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost, I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary I beg the conversion of poor sinners. Amen.​

This is another prayer given to them by the Angel of Peace. There was a Eucharistic host and chalice suspended in the air, and the angel led them in kneeling before it and praying this prayer.

4) The Eucharistic Prayer

Most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Amen.​

When Mary appeared to the children for the first time on May 13, 1917, she said, “You will have much to suffer, but the grace of God will be your comfort.” According to Sr. Lucia, a bright light shone all around them, and without thinking about it, they all started reciting this prayer.

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the intercessor between us and God. I Timothy 2:5 says there is one God and one Mediator. You can talk to Mary or any other dead person if you wish, but Mary is not an intercessor.

The Bible does have some strong words about praying to the dead. Deuteronomy 8:11,
yeh, one book thrown out by Protestants ---beginning w/ the infamous, excommunicated Luther

was ... I can't recall the name of the book off the top of my head. Maybe some other Catholic here..

Oh, now I recall its name:

the Book of Maccabees, tossed out of the Bible by aforementioned protestants

DOES speak of praying for the dead

But since you trust those HUMANS who threw out that book, I reckon you won't pay any heed to this

The Bible does have some strong words about praying to the dead.
The Body of Christ (consisting of those living today and those who have passed on) is very much alive. As Jesus noted, God taught early on he is God of the living.

Note that Mary asked the children of Fatima to join her in her prayers. (Gasp!, Mary praying to children by asking them to pray with her!) This is the power of the Body of Christ (all those who believe in Jesus) praying together to God. Mary can ask us--even children--to pray with her, and we can ask even Mary to pray with us.

If you don't want to...no one is forcing this. It is a request.

Necromancy ~ the supposed practice of communicating with the dead:

Leviticus 20:27 “A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death​

Isaiah 8:19-20 And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living​

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord.​

Because:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.​

The Body of Christ (consisting of those living today and those who have passed on) is very much alive. As Jesus noted, God taught early on he is God of the living.

Note that Mary asked the children of Fatima to join her in her prayers. (Gasp!, Mary praying to children by asking them to pray with her!) This is the power of the Body of Christ (all those who believe in Jesus) praying together to God. Mary can ask us--even children--to pray with her, and we can ask even Mary to pray with us.

Someone said they saw an apparition, and you create a religion around it. In fact, it was someone who saw an apparition that gave you the rosary.
Do you know how many good people were put to death because some children said they were witches?

"Mary can ask us--even children--to pray with her, and we can ask even Mary to pray with us."
^
necromancy. God frowns upon it...

Just thinking of Mary... forget talking to but just thinking of her

brings me great peace

She is in Heaven (unlike others we ask to pray for us)

Someone said they saw an apparition, and you create a religion around it. In fact, it was someone who saw an apparition that gave you the rosary.
Do you know how many good people were put to death because some children said they were witches?

"Mary can ask us--even children--to pray with her, and we can ask even Mary to pray with us."
^
necromancy. God frowns upon it...
1. Versions of the rosary have been around since 590. A religion was not created around the rosary; the rosary was created around the religion.

2. I am a descendant of one harmed by the Salem Witch Trials, so of course I know that story, have known it since I was a child. Hmm. The same way I have known the story of the Transfiguration since childhood. Tell me. Is it a belief by some God frown upon the Transfiguration as necromancy as well?

3. There are great differences between children telling stories, necromancy, and visions. I believe in the living Body of Christ.

1. Versions of the rosary have been around since 590. A religion was not created around the rosary; the rosary was created around the religion.

2. I am a descendant of one harmed by the Salem Witch Trials, so of course I know that story, have known it since I was a child. Hmm. The same way I have known the story of the Transfiguration since childhood. Tell me. Is it a belief by some God frown upon the Transfiguration as necromancy as well?

3. There are great differences between children telling stories, necromancy, and visions. I believe in the living Body of Christ.
Another person with a "vision":
It is widely believed that in 1214 St. Dominic had a vision of Mary. She is said to have presented him with the rosary, both the beads and the prayers to be prayed. Dominic had a tremendous devotion to Mary and the rosary, which he promoted wherever he traveled to preach.
^
And who did he preach? Christ? No. He preached Mary. That alone should tell you that something is way off.

Did God frown upon the meeting His Son had with Moses and Elijah? Did Christ pray to either of them? No. And it was Jesus that transfigured to their dimension, not the other way around. And Elijah has never died, sooo no necromancy there. And neither of them instructed Jesus on how to pray and with what.
Your comparison doesn't hold water.

How did you pray before 1214?

If people can actually talk to God, Jesus, Mary, etc. then why do so many different religions, or just variations of Christianity, exist? Do these beings lie to some, but not others?

If people can actually talk to God, Jesus, Mary, etc. then why do so many different religions, or just variations of Christianity, exist? Do these beings lie to some, but not others?
Jesus established ONE Church, the Catholic Church

It was called Catholic at least as early as 107 AD, probably earlier but records don't always go back too far.

In any case, we can blame Luther for all the different denominations. He broke with the CC, then people who followed him broke with him and started their own churches, then people broke with those ones and so on and so on...

Chaos

God is not the author of chaos

Forum List

Back