A Different Kind of Cop Show

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've been watching a Netflix series called, "Criminal." Each episode is complete in itself, and it has been produced in at least three different "countries," namely, England, France, and Germany.

Each entire episode takes place in and outside a police interrogation room. A suspect is brought in and gradually induced to tell his story, defend himself, accuse others, etc., until all the facts come out in the end. As one might expect most of the suspects turn out to be guilty, but one that I've seen ends up being innocent, and another eventually and falsely admits guilt (to protect an abused relative).

It is a good showcase for acting skills and you have to play attention.

It is interesting to me that the English, French, and German episodes take place in the same setting. As an attorney, I find it interesting to note what the detectives can get away with under their country's laws.

I've been watching a Netflix series called, "Criminal." Each episode is complete in itself, and it has been produced in at least three different "countries," namely, England, France, and Germany.

Each entire episode takes place in and outside a police interrogation room. A suspect is brought in and gradually induced to tell his story, defend himself, accuse others, etc., until all the facts come out in the end. As one might expect most of the suspects turn out to be guilty, but one that I've seen ends up being innocent, and another eventually and falsely admits guilt (to protect an abused relative).

It is a good showcase for acting skills and you have to play attention.

It is interesting to me that the English, French, and German episodes take place in the same setting. As an attorney, I find it interesting to note what the detectives can get away with under their country's laws.

I didn't know that you are an attorney.... cool!

Wow, now he's a super human. I bet he's also a member of an organization that wears hats.
But he can only wear a hat when using his secret identity. He has to take his hat off when being a super human.

A suspect is brought in and gradually induced to tell his story, defend himself, accuse others, etc., until all the facts come out in the end. As one might expect most of the suspects turn out to be guilty, but one that I've seen ends up being innocent, and another eventually and falsely admits guilt

Why suspects need to refuse to talk entirely.
The police are not your friends, they are looking to pin the crime on someone. They will lie, fake evidence and offer soft treatment.

You are not going to go into that room and convince them of your innocence. Make the police provide the proof of guilt. Don’t help them

Best response..

Am I being detained? Am I free to go? I want a Lawyer

Last edited:
Why suspects need to refuse to talk entirely.
The police are not your friends, they are looking to pin the crime on someone. They will lie, fake evidence and offer soft treatment.

You are not going to go into that room and convince them of your innocence. Make the police provide the proof of guilt. Don’t help them
When I was growing up, I was taught that cops are our friends and to implicitly trust cops. Now I know better.

Don't get me wrong, we need cops and probably most cops are good people. However, many cops are like Cartman on South Park with the respect my authority attitude.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back