The "FAITH" of the atheist.

OOOH so he snapped his fingers 7 times

And just because we can't explain everything is not reason to invent gods'

I have no problem saying we don;t know everything. In fact I think that we will never know everything because our brains have very real processing limits and that there are things we will never be capable of understating because our brains are incapably of the thought processed necessary.

My dogs will never understand prime numbers because their brains are incapable of that type of thought.

Our brains are made up of the exact same stuff dogs' brains are we just happen to have more of that stuff crammed into our skulls. So there will be things we can never understand
He didn't snap his fingers and out popped the universe, Earth and everything in it. You can't explain because it can't just happen naturally. Science can't explain it. There are limits to what it and nature can do. Sure, there are cultures that invented gods, i.e. myth, but our myths are based on a true event.

Anyway, you're going to the other place w/o God and that's where the Bible states. It's up to you to have FAITH first. This will be the last time I say this.

He didn't snap his fingers and out popped the universe, Earth and everything in it. You can't explain because it can't just happen naturally. Science can't explain it. There are limits to what it and nature can do. Sure, there are cultures that invented gods, i.e. myth, but our myths are based on a true event.

Anyway, you're going to the other place w/o God and that's where the Bible states. It's up to you to have FAITH first. This will be the last time I say this.
Making up gods to explain things we don't understand is the very definition of fiction.

And will it really be the last time you say this?

Or are you going to be like the gas company when they send you their "final notice"

Actually, you should read the whole passage in context. It's not about the fall of Satan, but the fall of Babylon. It is followed by prophecies of doom against the Philistines and Moabites...

In fact, Satan is RARELY mentioned in the Old Testament.

He only really becomes a thing in the New Testament and Christianity, when all these Zoroastrian ideas started seeping into the Abrahamic Religions.

Well, no, it wouldn't be weird to call the King of Babylon the "Day Star" or "Morning Star", as it (the planet Venus) was the brightest star in the heavens, even being visible during the daytime. The Morning Star was also associated with not only the royalty of Babylon, but the Babylonian goddess Ishtar.
At least, you've read the Bible and have your own "belief." That's better than another who wants me to explain and convince him. What a maroon.

At least, you've read the Bible and have your own "belief." That's better than another who wants me to explain and convince him. What a maroon.

Quite the contrary, you take that ONE passage out and assume it's about "rebel angels", when the text is clearly about contemporary politics.

The whole notion of rebel angels doesn't really enter the Abrahamic Religions until the Book of Enoch in the third century, BCE.

Making up gods to explain things we don't understand is the very definition of fiction.

And will it really be the last time you say this?

Or are you going to be like the gas company when they send you their "final notice"
Do you have a last statement made up in case you are WRONG? Apparently, the atheists who knew they were gonna die found out somehow that they were wrong and their last words say it all.

'13. ANTON LEVEY—Author of the Satanic Bible and high priest of the religion dedicated to the worship of Satan. One of his famous quotes was: “There is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised”. His dying words were: “Oh my, oh my, what have I done, there is something very wrong. . . there is something very wrong.”'

How about "I shoulda listened to james bond on usmessageboard?"

Do you have a last statement made up in case you are WRONG? Apparently, the atheists who knew they were gonna die found out somehow that they were wrong and their last words say it all.

'13. ANTON LEVEY—Author of the Satanic Bible and high priest of the religion dedicated to the worship of Satan. One of his famous quotes was: “There is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised”. His dying words were: “Oh my, oh my, what have I done, there is something very wrong. . . there is something very wrong.”'

This is a myth.

Frankly, I refuse to believe the universe is so badly designed that the Abrahamic God is the supreme being.

Here's the thing.

If you are a Christian- 6 Billion people believe something else.
If you are a Muslim - 6.5 billion people believe something else
If you are a Hindu - 7 billion people believe something else.
If you are a Buddhist, 7.5 billion people believe something else.

1652662737716.png

If there was only one god, you think there would be universal agreement on who he is and how to worship him.

But even the largest sects have been fighting for centuries on that topic (Catholic vs. Orthodox vs. Protestant, Sunni vs. Shi'a)

What if you get to heaven, find out that the Shinto were right, and the Supreme Being is a very angry Asian chick?

1652662953996.png

Anton and his daughters grew up in my neighborhood. His last words are his last words.

74a056ff0b14661226d6e6357d66e1b9.jpg

I sorta knew the one in the middle. She was older than me.

Anton and his daughters grew up in my neighborhood. His last words are his last words.

74a056ff0b14661226d6e6357d66e1b9.jpg

I sorta knew the one in the middle. She was older than me.

Okay, if you need to believe that. I bet you think that Darwin had a deathbed conversion, too.

I actually looked last night, and didn't find anything supporting that Lavey found Jesus on his death bed.

Lavey was kind of a huckster who liked to stick it in the eye of the religious. His "Bible" is just a list of self-indulgence and hedonism... but no sillier than the Christian Bible, really.

Okay, if you need to believe that. I bet you think that Darwin had a deathbed conversion, too.

I actually looked last night, and didn't find anything supporting that Lavey found Jesus on his death bed.

Lavey was kind of a huckster who liked to stick it in the eye of the religious. His "Bible" is just a list of self-indulgence and hedonism... but no sillier than the Christian Bible, really.
I never said Lavey found JESUS on his death bed. He doesn't seem to be the type as he was for the antiChrist side. At death, it sounded like he found an afterlife or that it wasn't just death.

On a personal level, what I discovered was that you become spirit and the normal procedure is to be whisked away ASAP from this life. However, you could stay behind for a bit. Now, I'm not sure if God or someone/something allows you to do that, but eventually your spirit must be whisked away from this universe.

I never said Lavey found JESUS on his death bed. He doesn't seem to be the type as he was for the antiChrist side. At death, it sounded like he found an afterlife or that it wasn't just death.

On a personal level, what I discovered was that you become spirit and the normal procedure is to be whisked away ASAP from this life. However, you could stay behind for a bit. Now, I'm not sure if God or someone/something allows you to do that, but eventually your spirit must be whisked away from this universe.

Really? So you have scientific proof that spirits or souls actually exist?
Didn't think so.

You die. You die. It's over. That's why it's kind of silly to deny yourself enjoyment or feel guilty to please an imaginary sky pixie.

Yup you're just like the gas company.

And I have said many times I am not an atheist.

I cannot say whether gods exist or not because there is no proof either way and I don't think it matters one way or the other.

What's more even if there was I still wouldn't worship gods.

Really? So you have scientific proof that spirits or souls actually exist?
Didn't think so.

You die. You die. It's over. That's why it's kind of silly to deny yourself enjoyment or feel guilty to please an imaginary sky pixie.

When you get into that question or discussion of it being science and wanting proof, then you open a whole new can of worms. I think you want to lump creationists into that category. The Bible states that we are spirits and that we have a soul.

Ge1.27

"Genesis 1:26–27 indicates that God created mankind distinct from all the other creatures. Scripture clearly teaches that man is intended to experience intimate relationship with God, and, therefore, He created us as a unity of both material (physical) and immaterial (spiritual) aspects (Ecclesiastes 12:7, Matthew 10:28, 1 Corinthians 5:5, 2 Corinthians 4:16; 7:1, James 2:26). The material component of humans is obviously that which is tangible and temporal: the physical body. The immaterial aspects are intangible: soul, spirit, intellect, will, conscience, mind, emotions, etc. These exist unendingly beyond the lifespan of the physical body."

However, I don't think there is a scientific experiment or demonstration for it that can be or is widely accepted.

I can say that you and your side don't have any scientific proof that spirits or souls DO NOT EXIST. My side claims that IT DOES EXIST, but demonstrating it isn't something that usually gets in the mainstream news, but tabloids.

Here's something that got into mainstream news.

When you get into that question or discussion of it being science and wanting proof, then you open a whole new can of worms. I think you want to lump creationists into that category. The Bible states that we are spirits and that we have a soul.

Ge1.27

"Genesis 1:26–27 indicates that God created mankind distinct from all the other creatures. Scripture clearly teaches that man is intended to experience intimate relationship with God, and, therefore, He created us as a unity of both material (physical) and immaterial (spiritual) aspects (Ecclesiastes 12:7, Matthew 10:28, 1 Corinthians 5:5, 2 Corinthians 4:16; 7:1, James 2:26). The material component of humans is obviously that which is tangible and temporal: the physical body. The immaterial aspects are intangible: soul, spirit, intellect, will, conscience, mind, emotions, etc. These exist unendingly beyond the lifespan of the physical body."

However, I don't think there is a scientific experiment or demonstration for it that can be or is widely accepted.

I can say that you and your side don't have any scientific proof that spirits or souls DO NOT EXIST. My side claims that IT DOES EXIST, but demonstrating it isn't something that usually gets in the mainstream news, but tabloids.

Here's something that got into mainstream news.

Well, when you get right down to it, many of the same people who claim to doubt the existence of a soul when it comes to religion talk as though they believe in souls, or something very like them, when it comes to other topics. Transgenderism springs to mind. How many times have we heard, "Someone can be born into the wrong body." Well, if the body is "wrong", then that means the body is not the "someone" in question. So what is?

Well, when you get right down to it, many of the same people who claim to doubt the existence of a soul when it comes to religion talk as though they believe in souls, or something very like them, when it comes to other topics. Transgenderism springs to mind. How many times have we heard, "Someone can be born into the wrong body." Well, if the body is "wrong", then that means the body is not the "someone" in question. So what is?
Well, we have hermaphrodites, so it could have happened to their brain and not just their sex organs. IOW, they have the brain of the opposite sex. The Bible states God created man and woman or just two sexes and if the person or persons digresses from it, then it is a sin. The Bible doesn't mention "Someone can be born into the wrong body." That said, if they're physically different, then they're supposed to be either a man or woman. It can be medically fixed -- Transgender penis: How does female-to-male surgery work?.

However, if they choose to be different, such as homosexuality, then it's definitely a sin.

Well, we have hermaphrodites, so it could have happened to their brain and not just their sex organs. IOW, they have the brain of the opposite sex. The Bible states God created man and woman or just two sexes and if the person or persons digresses from it, then it is a sin. The Bible doesn't mention "Someone can be born into the wrong body." That said, if they're physically different, then they're supposed to be either a man or woman. It can be medically fixed -- Transgender penis: How does female-to-male surgery work?.

However, if they choose to be different, such as homosexuality, then it's definitely a sin.

Except the brain is part of the body. So, according to their own words, that can't be it. Of course, they do then contradict themselves by suggesting that, but that's beside my point. It's not my job to wrestle and argue myself around to making sense of their craziness. It's up to them to do it, and to answer the questions.

Bringing up hermaphroditism, which is a defect of the body, is irrelevant to my post.

Except the brain is part of the body. So, according to their own words, that can't be it. Of course, they do then contradict themselves by suggesting that, but that's beside my point. It's not my job to wrestle and argue myself around to making sense of their craziness. It's up to them to do it, and to answer the questions.

Bringing up hermaphroditism, which is a defect of the body, is irrelevant to my post.
Lol, one can do psychiatry or similar for the brain. Do you know I favor electroshock treatments mwahaha.

Lol, one can do psychiatry or similar for the brain. Do you know I favor electroshock treatments mwahaha.

Which still doesn't address my original question: if one is "born into the wrong body", then that means you are something other than your body. So what would that "something" be?

You must believe.....

....nothing produced everything
False. The universe may have always existed.

non life produced life.
False. At no point does anyone think a non-living object begat a living object.

randomness produced precision
Oops, False again. Selection by physical laws is precisely the opposite of random. Do stars come in random shapes? How about water molecules? Nope.

chaos produced order
Oops, false again. Chaos does not cause order. Order can arise locally in a chaotic system. Such as when a star forms in a dust cloud. It's a fact you can look up.

Welp, I would rate this thread "hot steaming garbage".

New Topics

Forum List

Back