Texas Congressman Threatens Companies That Pay For Employees Out of State Abortion Expenses. Companies say “Go F@&$ Yourself”

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
In a filing written for an April 26 meeting, Citigroup wrote: “In response to changes in reproductive health-care laws in certain states in the U.S., beginning in 2022 we provide travel benefits to facilitate access to adequate resources.”

Citigroup is not the only company with policies designed to assist employees seeking abortions who are living in restrictive states such as Texas.

In September 2021, Salesforce told employees the company would help them and their families relocate if they had issues with reproductive health care in their states.

Lyft CEO Logan Green announced the company would pay legal fees for any drivers sued under the Texas law for helping women get abortions.

The parent company of Tinder and OkCupid, Match Group Inc., announced it too was creating a fund for its Texas employees impacted by the abortion law.

In an internal note to employees, Shar Dubey, Match Group’s CEO, wrote that the company “doesn’t usually take political stands unless it is relevant to our business ... but this particular law is so regressive to the cause of women’s rights that I felt compelled to speak publicly about my personal views.”

She added: “ immigrated to America from India over 25 years ago and I have to say, as a Texas resident, I am shocked that I now live in a state where women’s reproductive laws are more regressive than most of the world, including India.”

Hey Briscoe. These companies are going to make sure their employees can obtain abortion services, and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it. And the Supreme Court can’t help you either.

How does feel to be the impotent little wimp that you are?

Just out of curiosity, if a parent were to take their newborn baby to another state, one in which it was legal to kill newborns up to 1 year, and returned, would that parent then face murder charges in their home state?

Because the next step to stop this nonsense is to declare that a citizen in a state that bans abortion who leaves to another state to kill their baby, would face manslaughter charges. This would include any entity that facilitated travel to that state.

Just out of curiosity, if a parent were to take their newborn baby to another state, one in which it was legal to kill newborns up to 1 year, and returned, would that parent then face murder charges in their home state?

Because the next step to stop this nonsense is to declare that a citizen in a state that bans abortion who leaves to another state to kill their baby, would face manslaughter charges. This would include any entity that facilitated travel to that state.

Just out of curiosity. Are you really that deluded, or were you just being faceious?

In a filing written for an April 26 meeting, Citigroup wrote: “In response to changes in reproductive health-care laws in certain states in the U.S., beginning in 2022 we provide travel benefits to facilitate access to adequate resources.”

Citigroup is not the only company with policies designed to assist employees seeking abortions who are living in restrictive states such as Texas.

In September 2021, Salesforce told employees the company would help them and their families relocate if they had issues with reproductive health care in their states.

Lyft CEO Logan Green announced the company would pay legal fees for any drivers sued under the Texas law for helping women get abortions.

The parent company of Tinder and OkCupid, Match Group Inc., announced it too was creating a fund for its Texas employees impacted by the abortion law.

In an internal note to employees, Shar Dubey, Match Group’s CEO, wrote that the company “doesn’t usually take political stands unless it is relevant to our business ... but this particular law is so regressive to the cause of women’s rights that I felt compelled to speak publicly about my personal views.”

She added: “ immigrated to America from India over 25 years ago and I have to say, as a Texas resident, I am shocked that I now live in a state where women’s reproductive laws are more regressive than most of the world, including India.”

Hey Briscoe. These companies are going to make sure their employees can obtain abortion services, and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it. And the Supreme Court can’t help you either.

Baby killing won't be given up so easily. What a noble cause!

We want the U.S. to be like India?

All those MAGA Meat Heads, who for years bitched, whined, moaned, complained and bayed at the Fucking Moon about demanding Smaller Government comes down to this.

One dumb as dog shit ReThug wants the state to dictate how a corporation spends money on their employees.

Government Over Reach Anybody?

Reversing Roe does nothing more than return the authority over abortion policy to the states. If someone leaves one state and goes to another to end the life of their own child then it does not come under the authority of their home state, IMO. I think abortion is one of the most craven, selfish, and detestable crimes against the innocent that there can be, but one state cannot prosecute what is legally done in another.

There can be downstream consequences and the laws will determine what those would be but to charge and prosecute a citizen in TX for a crime they committed against TX law while the citizen was in California is not justified. It's a poor example but take the marijuana laws as a case in point. If I went to Colorado for the summer and smoked weed while I was there, it would be outrageous for the cops in Alabama to come to arrest me for that. OTOH, my employer could cut me loose if I tested positive at work.

Ultimately, women who choose to end the life of their baby will find a way to get that done, and putting them in prison for it is ridiculous. It would be FAR better to spend the resources on creating a support system that helps them place a baby up for adoption and to create and fund orphanages for those children who'd be otherwise unwanted and abused.

All those MAGA Meat Heads, who for years bitched, whined, moaned, complained and bayed at the Fucking Moon about demanding Smaller Government comes down to this.

One dumb as dog shit ReThug wants the state to dictate how a corporation spends money on their employees.

Government Over Reach Anybody?

Kind of like California imposing it's will on pork producers out of State?

Or all those local governments banning official travel to States based on their local laws?

Also what about those civil rights boards forcing bakers to bake cakes for same sex weddings?

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

We do not let companies and individuals use other states for workarounds for criminal acitivy.

Or are you so delusional to think that we do?

Can you defraud someone in one state and seek asylum in another?

Wake up.

A woman’s right to an abortion isn’t a crime.

You are definitely one twisted fuck.

Any woman can obtain an abortion at any time if her choosing.

This will be coded into federal law a lot sooner than you think, for the very purpose of protecting women from twisted fucks such as yourself.

Any employee of any of those companies employees can leave the communist state they currently reside in, if necessary to exercise that right, and like I said, there isn’t thing one you can do about it.

Deal with it twisted sister.

And these filthy butchering groomers say gender is assigned at birth. If that's true how does my 4 month pregnant grand daughter know her child is a boy?

Reversing Roe does nothing more than return the authority over abortion policy to the states. If someone leaves one state and goes to another to end the life of their own child then it does not come under the authority of their home state, IMO. I think abortion is one of the most craven, selfish, and detestable crimes against the innocent that there can be, but one state cannot prosecute what is legally done in another.

There can be downstream consequences and the laws will determine what those would be but to charge and prosecute a citizen in TX for a crime they committed against TX law while the citizen was in California is not justified. It's a poor example but take the marijuana laws as a case in point. If I went to Colorado for the summer and smoked weed while I was there, it would be outrageous for the cops in Alabama to come to arrest me for that. OTOH, my employer could cut me loose if I tested positive at work.

Ultimately, women who choose to end the life of their baby will find a way to get that done, and putting them in prison for it is ridiculous. It would be FAR better to spend the resources on creating a support system that helps them place a baby up for adoption and to create and fund orphanages for those children who'd be otherwise unwanted and abused.
Send those murderous bitches to the back alleys and let them take their chances with clothes hangers. The baby shouldn't be the only one at risk.

Kind of like California imposing it's will on pork producers out of State?

Or all those local governments banning official travel to States based on their local laws?

Also what about those civil rights boards forcing bakers to bake cakes for same sex weddings?

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Nothing like that at all.

Corporations have the right, the duty and the obligation to take care of the health and welfare of their repective employees.. The government has no business telling a private entity how it can spend money on those employees.

Meat is NOT the same thing at all. Meat is consumed by more than one person and in more than one state. California has a the right, the duty and the obligation to insure meat is properly slaughtered, stored during transport and refridgerated at all times.

Forum List

Back