Abortion advocates sue Alabama AG over prosecution threats for out-of-state travel

Yea, but once you get to San Diego, you're not going back to Alabama. :laugh2:
31957138-san-diego-downtown-skyline-at-night-with-boat-in-harbor.jpg

No, you go to Florida.

And San Diego is just a bit behind the SF and LA curve.

Tell me you've never been outside of California without telling me you've never been outside of California...

gulf-shores-01.jpg
Thats a line of hotels awaiting the next hurricane. No thanks. besides if I want beach front this is much better:
VC_California101_VeniceBeach_Stock_RF_638340372_1280x640.jpg

They would be travelling to perform something legal in the State they travelled to.

Depends on how the law is written ... so we'll have to assume "personhood" is granted early in pregnancy ... the State might believe she's obligated to protect her residents, for example protecting children from abusive parents ... once the unborn child is old enough to receive person status, the State is obligated to protect the child ...

... if that's how the law is written ...

We can only say that the person is safe from extradition ... what if the mother and father return? ...

Depends on how the law is written ... so we'll have to assume "personhood" is granted early in pregnancy ... the State might believe she's obligated to protect her residents, for example protecting children from abusive parents ... once the unborn child is old enough to receive person status, the State is obligated to protect the child ...

... if that's how the law is written ...

We can only say that the person is safe from extradition ... what if the mother and father return? ...

Personhood hasn't been legally established anywhere yet, so we cross that bridge when we get to it.

Right now you can't punish someone for something they did in another State at the State level.

Personhood hasn't been legally established anywhere yet, so we cross that bridge when we get to it.

Right now you can't punish someone for something they did in another State at the State level.

But we can punish acts committed with respect to acts in another State ... I'm sorry, by whatever name, abortion is a felony in Texas ... therefore, helping a woman, in Texas, to get an abortion in New Mexico, is a felony in Texas ...

From this {citation}:

"Texas’ abortion laws penalize the person who performs an abortion and, under a state law from 1925, anyone who “furnishes the means” for an abortion."

... although I can't speak to the validity of the above mention newspaper ... maybe it's a teenager trolling from her parents' basement ...

=====

I agree ... a Texas law from 1925 will have to be reviewed by Texas courts ... RIGHT NOW, no one's being punished ... but can they? ... we have something similar in Federal law ... if you travel to a foreign country for the purposes of engaging in child prostitution ... you can be put in prison here, even if child prostitution is legal in the country you visit ... I believe this has passed court scrutiny ...

Shore glad the Texas foster care system is the best in the world ... or they're gonna have a mess of unwanted children in their prison system in short order ...

But we can punish acts committed with respect to acts in another State ... I'm sorry, by whatever name, abortion is a felony in Texas ... therefore, helping a woman, in Texas, to get an abortion in New Mexico, is a felony in Texas ...

From this {citation}:

"Texas’ abortion laws penalize the person who performs an abortion and, under a state law from 1925, anyone who “furnishes the means” for an abortion."

... although I can't speak to the validity of the above mention newspaper ... maybe it's a teenager trolling from her parents' basement ...

=====

I agree ... a Texas law from 1925 will have to be reviewed by Texas courts ... RIGHT NOW, no one's being punished ... but can they? ... we have something similar in Federal law ... if you travel to a foreign country for the purposes of engaging in child prostitution ... you can be put in prison here, even if child prostitution is legal in the country you visit ... I believe this has passed court scrutiny ...

Shore glad the Texas foster care system is the best in the world ... or they're gonna have a mess of unwanted children in their prison system in short order ...

Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the transitive nature of law when it comes to State vs. State law differences.

Travel is a constitutionally protected right, the government has no business being involved as long as the acts in question are legal where performed.

Travel is a constitutionally protected right,

No it's not ... that protection comes from the Article of Confederation ... our current Constitution gives citizen rights to everybody in all States ... what the Constitution does say is everyone has a RIGHT to be a RESIDENT of any State ...

the government has no business being involved as long as the acts in question are legal where performed.

The government has no business being involved unless there's PROBABLE CAUSE of a crime ... digging around women's wombs ... yeah, no expectation of privacy there, right? ... fucking ignorant men ...

No it's not ... that protection comes from the Article of Confederation ... our current Constitution gives citizen rights to everybody in all States ... what the Constitution does say is everyone has a RIGHT to be a RESIDENT of any State ...

The government has no business being involved unless there's PROBABLE CAUSE of a crime ... digging around women's wombs ... yeah, no expectation of privacy there, right? ... fucking ignorant men ...

States can't restrict access due to the full faith and credit clause, thus travelling to one State cannot be restricted due to not being from that State.

The problem is people who believe in abortion restrictions see the fetus as deserving rights as well, as it is a separate organism. The rest is matters of degree.

And go fuck yourself for your sexist bullshit. At least have the balls (or in your case gash) to use full font.

Alabama sued by outside abortion advocates who help send women out of state for abortions. It seems the AG has been threatening anyone who provides help to escape Alabama for an abortion criminally. This is similar to the current Texas law, also subject to suits if IIRC.

AG’s in multiple states are now suing to get out of state medical records for wonen getting abortions, and using internet searches and apps to track these women’s web searches.

For women with ectopic pregnancies, and other medical problems getting treatment out of state is the only way to save their lives.

Maternal deaths due to pregnancy and childbirth are up 68% in states which have banned abortion. These states already had the highest mortality rates for pregnant women in the nation.

There are no “abortion advocates”. The reason Roe v. Wade was decided in favour of women’s rights, was to save women’s lives, and it did.

Doctors are no longer treating pregnant patients. They’re not going into obstetrics and gynaecology and they’re leaving states where they are not free to practice and treat pregnant women as they have been trained.

Women are now making decisions about where to live, go to school and work, based on the current and likely abortion laws in place in their state.

AG’s in multiple states are now suing to get out of state medical records for wonen getting abortions, and using internet searches and apps to track these women’s web searches.

For women with ectopic pregnancies, and other medical problems getting treatment out of state is the only way to save their lives.

Maternal deaths due to pregnancy and childbirth are up 68% in states which have banned abortion. These states already had the highest mortality rates for pregnant women in the nation.

There are no “abortion advocates”. The reason Roe v. Wade was decided in favour of women’s rights, was to save women’s lives, and it did.

Doctors are no longer treating pregnant patients. They’re not going into obstetrics and gynaecology and they’re leaving states where they are not free to practice and treat pregnant women as they have been trained.

Women are now making decisions about where to live, go to school and work, based on the current and likely abortion laws in place in their state.
There will be election repercussions. The Idaho vote will show the future.

Forum List

Back