Texas Congressman Threatens Companies That Pay For Employees Out of State Abortion Expenses. Companies say “Go F@&$ Yourself”

Nothing like that at all.

Corporations have the right, the duty and the obligation to take care of the health and welfare of their repective employees.. The government has no business telling a private entity how it can spend money on those employees.

Meat is NOT the same thing at all. Meat is consumed by more than one person and in more than one state. California has a the right, the duty and the obligation to insure meat is properly slaughtered, stored during transport and refridgerated at all times.

Corporations have the duty to increase the value of their shares, they have responsibility to follow laws based on corporate safety, but only in the workplace. They can offer health care as a benefit, not as a right.

California can do that to it's own pork producers, they can't to others out of State. That's up to the feds.

Corporations have the duty to increase the value of their shares, they have responsibility to follow laws based on corporate safety, but only in the workplace. They can offer health care as a benefit, not as a right.

California can do that to it's own pork producers, they can't to others out of State. That's up to the feds.

Health Care is a Right, not a benefit. A healthy workforce is good for the economy. Animals kept in unsantitary conditions pass along infections. Properly cared for animals are healthy animals.

The Government does NOT have the right to decide unto itself how Coimpany or Corporation spends money on the Healthy and Welfare of it's employee's

Health Care is a Right, not a benefit. A healthy workforce is good for the economy. Animals kept in unsantitary conditions pass along infections. Properly cared for animals are healthy animals.

The Government does NOT have the right to decide unto itself how Coimpany or Corporation spends money on the Healthy and Welfare of it's employee's

No, it isn't. From a company it's a potential benefit. It's a necessity, but not a right.

The pork producers meet all federal requirements, and the requirements within their own States. That's good enough for the constitution, and California has to live with it. They can't expand their own requirements past their own borders.

And before you try a gotcha moment, I have no issue with people paying for or transporting ADULT women out of states with abortion restrictions to states without them for the purpose of having an abortion. I am a federalist, and unlike you not a fair weather one.

Abortion has nothing to do with health or welfare---only MURDER.

they do it all the time.

No, it isn't. From a company it's a potential benefit. It's a necessity, but not a right.

The pork producers meet all federal requirements, and the requirements within their own States. That's good enough for the constitution, and California has to live with it. They can't expand their own requirements past their own borders.

And before you try a gotcha moment, I have no issue with people paying for or transporting ADULT women out of states with abortion restrictions to states without them for the purpose of having an abortion. I am a federalist, and unlike you not a fair weather one.

The "Benefit" is a contract entered into between Employer and Employee. Heatlh Care is a right. The Government does not have a right to regulate how a Corporation pays for the Health and Welfare of their Employees.

How mighty white of you think you even have a right talk about something you have no right to decide in the first place.

The U.N calls Health Care a Right. Which it is.

You Meat Headed MAGA types bitch about how wrong it is to involve it self in personal medical decisions and that is exaclty what you want to do.

A Corporation has the right and duty and the obligation to see to Health and Welfare of their employees. Period. The Government has no right to involve itself in this matter at all.

In a filing written for an April 26 meeting, Citigroup wrote: “In response to changes in reproductive health-care laws in certain states in the U.S., beginning in 2022 we provide travel benefits to facilitate access to adequate resources.”

Citigroup is not the only company with policies designed to assist employees seeking abortions who are living in restrictive states such as Texas.

In September 2021, Salesforce told employees the company would help them and their families relocate if they had issues with reproductive health care in their states.

Lyft CEO Logan Green announced the company would pay legal fees for any drivers sued under the Texas law for helping women get abortions.

The parent company of Tinder and OkCupid, Match Group Inc., announced it too was creating a fund for its Texas employees impacted by the abortion law.

In an internal note to employees, Shar Dubey, Match Group’s CEO, wrote that the company “doesn’t usually take political stands unless it is relevant to our business ... but this particular law is so regressive to the cause of women’s rights that I felt compelled to speak publicly about my personal views.”

She added: “ immigrated to America from India over 25 years ago and I have to say, as a Texas resident, I am shocked that I now live in a state where women’s reproductive laws are more regressive than most of the world, including India.”

Hey Briscoe. These companies are going to make sure their employees can obtain abortion services, and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it. And the Supreme Court can’t help you either.

How does feel to be the impotent little wimp that you are?
That's right! Dimmers love murder.

Just out of curiosity, if a parent were to take their newborn baby to another state, one in which it was legal to kill newborns up to 1 year, and returned, would that parent then face murder charges in their home state?

Because the next step to stop this nonsense is to declare that a citizen in a state that bans abortion who leaves to another state to kill their baby, would face manslaughter charges. This would include any entity that facilitated travel to that state.
There is no such state and never has been. Birth markers the point individual rights.

Forum List

Back