Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

No one named 'Ted' has ever been the smartest person in the room.

there was once one, his name was Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt.., check his history.
teddy_portrait.jpg

we need another real man president like him, not some old ugly hag who has nothing of any importance to offer the patriotic Americans. :up:

Theodore isn't "Ted" :)

Most folks who are morally certain in their own beliefs do. As its simple and comfortable. But its not necessarily accurate or useful. And can act as the foundation of some pretty horrible acts when one is absolutely certain that what one is doing must be right.

For example, there are very few suicide bombers that are the product of compromise. But quite a few from moral certainty.

Which simply proves something I've believed for years..... Show me what a man will kill/die for and I'll show you what he cares about. Show me what he will neither kill nor die for and I'll show you what he doesn't care about at all.

So you don't care about something you're not willing to suicide bomb? C'mon. Your perception of the world is binary. Either 0 or 1. One extreme or the other extreme.

In reality, almost no one exists at the polar extremes of your perception. Virtually everyone lives in between them. And just because you imagine that what you believe must be moral truth doesn't actually make you right. It simply makes you incapable of taking any other view into account.

Who ever said I was in favor of a plural nation? I am not, never have been, and never will be.

It really doesn't matter if you're in favor of a plural nation or not. We live in one and always have. As there is more views than just yours. Any system of governance that is incompatible with a plural nation is unfit for governance.

And ideological governance is incompatible with the multiple views of a diverse nation of ideas like ours.

Though you do demonstrate why your ilk so rarely have any real power: you don't believe any view but your own should be represented. Or even exist. And there are few people that would accept such strictures, and fewer still who would and align perfectly with your views.

Compromise IS weakness. It's also Cowardice. I acknowledge other views, I just don't give them any weight or consideration when making decitions.

And you prove my point elegantly. Thank you.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

he's a weird kind of sociopathic narcissist who craves attention.

For an ivy league educated man, he doesn't come off very bright - but he's often playing to the crowd.
While he may understand the X's and Os, Cruz is a moron when it comes to understanding interactions with other people

Nixon had the same problem

so public relations is the most important presidential job? not surprising coming from you
Actually it is hugely important to interact with staff, the press, the public, foreign dignitaries, the other party, Congress

You never figured that out?

They following presidents had shitty public relations, were any of them good presidents?
Truman, Johnson, Ford, Lincoln, Nixon, Adams.

Kissing the asses of the media is the least important job of a president. His staff works for him, he does not have to kiss their asses either. Reagan did not kiss O'Neill's ass but the two of them got a lot done.

A competent manager does not have to worry about public relations, his actions will take care of that.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

For an ivy league educated man, he doesn't come off very bright - but he's often playing to the crowd.
While he may understand the X's and Os, Cruz is a moron when it comes to understanding interactions with other people

so public relations is the most important presidential job? not surprising coming from you
Actually it is hugely important to interact with staff, the press, the public, foreign dignitaries, the other party, Congress

They following presidents had shitty public relations, were any of them good presidents?

Kissing the asses of the media is the least important job of a president. His staff works for him, he does not have to kiss their asses either. Reagan did not kiss O'Neill's ass but the two of them got a lot done.

A competent manager does not have to worry about public relations, his actions will take care of that.

It has nothing to do with kissing the asses of the media and EVERYTHING to do with being able to interact with other people

The closest politician to Ted Cruz's interpersonal skills is Putin

If not Bush or Walker as pres nomination, who then?

I have no one I like, the choices are terrible. Walker is a good VP, Christie has the weight issue and that appeals to no one, superficial, but it is reality. Rand Paul and Cruz don't appeal to enough people and they come across as angry. Huckabee, is not Presidential material, Trump is a joke. I'm looking for someone else to step up, but I doubt anyone that charismatic will step forward.

I sort of agree with you. I do like Cruz's fire and agree with a lot he has to say. Like abolishing the IRS. but for me he doesn't go far enough. I want the Epa, Blm, Nea, etc and a few more of the alphabet agencies be cut. Yeah it's dreaming I'm sure. especially when you have 47% of the people relying on some form of (taxpayer/government) assistance. it's hopeless

It has nothing to do with kissing the asses of the media and EVERYTHING to do with being able to interact with other people

Putin is president of a very powerful nation, What's your point?

Cruz is a Republican in a Republican state with a Hispanic class that does very well in Republican causes.

That will not translate however to a national inroad into the Hispanic vote.

In this case "men" is used as a stand in for the human race ...you are not part of the human race so you have no say...

Interesting. The Founders used a wide variety of words, including "People" throughout the Founding Documents. If they meant human beings, why didn't they just say that? Especially when their ACTIONS clearly show they meant MEN.

In this case "men" is used as a stand in for the human race ...you are not part of the human race so you have no say...

Interesting. The Founders used a wide variety of words, including "People" throughout the Founding Documents. If they meant human beings, why didn't they just say that? Especially when their ACTIONS clearly show they meant MEN.
No Gish Galloping allowed....I am not joining your mindlessness ...as I said earlier the Constitution applies to human beings ...you ain't one dude ...maybe you will evolve into a human ...

gish.jpg

So you don't care about something you're not willing to suicide bomb? C'mon. Your perception of the world is binary. Either 0 or 1. One extreme or the other extreme.

Yes, my perception IS binary, as everyone else's should be.

It really doesn't matter if you're in favor of a plural nation or not. We live in one and always have. As there is more views than just yours. Any system of governance that is incompatible with a plural nation is unfit for governance.

Any system of Governance that includes any plurality is unfit for use. In fact any system which allows for any level of change is unfit for use.

And ideological governance is incompatible with the multiple views of a diverse nation of ideas like ours.

Any diversity of opinion in a nation makes the nation incompatible with decency and morality.

Though you do demonstrate why your ilk so rarely have any real power: you don't believe any view but your own should be represented. Or even exist. And there are few people that would accept such strictures, and fewer still who would and align perfectly with your views.

REAL Power eminates from the barrel of a firearm. Trust me, we have plenty of that power.

No Gish Galloping allowed....I am not joining your mindlessness ...as I said earlier the Constitution applies to human beings ...you ain't one dude ...maybe you will evolve into a human ...

If that were so (which it isn't) then this nation never had a single drop of Morality to begin with and has therefore no more value than any of the other hundreds of immoral and unworthy nations/cultures in the world.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in becoming what you consider a "human being". Never have been and never will be. My SOUL is far too valuable to me to allow it to be subverted to humanity.

Not so. Hillary, and by Hillary I mean Bill, supported NAFTA and workfare and don't ask don't tell. Hardly the most far left positions.

You want far left? Look at the 1972 George McGovern candidacy. Look to the 1980 Ted Kennedy candidacy. Look at Ralph Nader and the Green Party.

With superlatives such as 'most', one must be careful because, as we know, in politics, there are no absolutes.

hillary is not bill, she has always been left of him---far left. and in her case the absolutes apply, she is absolutely far left on every issue.
Tell that to Elizabeth Warren!

Right, the perfect dem/lib ticket Hilly and Lizzy. Do it dems, show us your true colors.

I don't think Hillary would accept Warren as a running mate. Liz would be FAR too popular for her to share a stage with..

popular with who? cats, dogs, horses, donkeys. that woman is far from popular... except with the moonbat Democrats

The far Left. And, just being popular with that group will be enough that Hillary won't want to share a stage with her.

If that were so (which it isn't) then this nation never had a single drop of Morality to begin with and has therefore no more value than any of the other hundreds of immoral and unworthy nations/cultures in the world.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in becoming what you consider a "human being". Never have been and never will be. My SOUL is far too valuable to me to allow it to be subverted to humanity.
Waaaaahhahahahhahgahhahahahahhahahahgaghah onward Christian soldier ...wooo hooo

Not so. Hillary, and by Hillary I mean Bill, supported NAFTA and workfare and don't ask don't tell. Hardly the most far left positions.

You want far left? Look at the 1972 George McGovern candidacy. Look to the 1980 Ted Kennedy candidacy. Look at Ralph Nader and the Green Party.

With superlatives such as 'most', one must be careful because, as we know, in politics, there are no absolutes.

hillary is not bill, she has always been left of him---far left. and in her case the absolutes apply, she is absolutely far left on every issue.
Tell that to Elizabeth Warren!

Right, the perfect dem/lib ticket Hilly and Lizzy. Do it dems, show us your true colors.

I don't think Hillary would accept Warren as a running mate. Liz would be FAR too popular for her to share a stage with..
Actually, Liz is too POPULIST for her to share a ticket with Hillary.

I agree. But, I wasn't talking about why Liz wouldn't share a ticket with Hillary. I was saying Hillary is too narcissistic to share a stage with anyone who has popularity with any group.

Yes, my perception IS binary, as everyone else's should be.

Any system of Governance that includes any plurality is unfit for use. In fact any system which allows for any level of change is unfit for use.

Any diversity of opinion in a nation makes the nation incompatible with decency and morality.

REAL Power eminates from the barrel of a firearm. Trust me, we have plenty of that power.
Any Nation that has adult human beings with your views is already in trouble ,,,,in a word you are nuttier that squirrel doo-doo in a pecan grove...

Hillary and Liz Warren would kind of cancel themselves out

I'm thinking of Hillary picking Jullian Castro as VP

Like to see Warren selected as Treasury Secretary
you have a wild imagination lol

Not in the least

Watch Hillary pick Castro

They have been grooming him for a year
I predicted Hilary was going to pick that idiot long before you. Warren isn't leaving her cozy job in the senate to become treasury secretary though. And that's actually a moot point, because Shillary won't win.

My congratulations on your selection

But there is little that can prevent Hillary from becoming President

War over Hillary is brewing on the left - The Orange County Register

Putin is president of a very powerful nation, What's your point?

My point in comparing Cruz to Putin?

Hmmmmm......let me think :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back