Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

Cruz serves as a foil, he makes Jeb Bush look like a reasonable alternative. Ted probably works for Jeb.

Kind of a Good Cop/Bad Cop for Republicans

Bush: See? I'm not as batshit crazy as those guys. You can trust me

Hillary: I'm batshit crazy but I'm all you dems have.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

Cruz serves as a foil, he makes Jeb Bush look like a reasonable alternative. Ted probably works for Jeb.

She is trouncing all potential Republicans by double digits. All she has to do is sit back, hold off on announcing for six months and allow the Republicans to consume each other

So, what is Cruz doing?

She is trouncing all potential Republicans by double digits. All she has to do is sit back, hold off on announcing for six months and allow the Republicans to consume each other

right, keep thinking that. The media and the dems are turning on her. AP has filed a suit for her server. She is toast, she gave up her turn to the black guy in 08.

It will be very funny watching her self destruct. Then watching the dems scramble trying to find a candidate. Obozo has destroyed your party-----------------and its your fault. pathetic.

Funny Obama had no intention of being Pres either yet he still got elected

Obama is an interesting comparison

In 2008, Obama started to send out feelers and received a very positive reaction. He realized that 2008 might be "his time" and if he waited 4-8 years conditions could change. As it is, he gained momentum and was unstoppable

Compare to Chris Christie in 2012. He was the next great thing with Republicans and the GOP begged him to enter the race as an alternative to Romney. But Christie didn't want to run againt Obama in 2012 and decided his chances would be better in 2016. Four years later, Christie is an afterthought

In 2008, Obama started to send out feelers and received a very positive reaction. He realized that 2008 might be "his time" and if he waited 4-8 years conditions could change. As it is, he gained momentum and was unstoppable

Compare to Chris Christie in 2012. He was the next great thing with Republicans and the GOP begged him to enter the race as an alternative to Romney. But Christie didn't want to run againt Obama in 2012 and decided his chances would be better in 2016. Four years later, Christie is an afterthought

Hillary was the perfect opponent for Obama, she was polarizing and it allowed the Democrats that hated Hillary to have a viable option.

So, what is Cruz doing?

You're probably right.

That shouldn't stop his followers from giving liberally (pun intended) to his crusade...tedcruz.org.

The book Game Change details just how calculated Obama was...Skull is usually more on the mark than this.

Obama capitalized on the anti-Iraq war fervor. He did extremely well in caucuses, and less so in primaries, but Hillary carried her vote for authorization of force like a dead rotting animal tied to her. And in fairness, there were few pols who in the spring of 03 who had the guts to say "hey wait a minute here, Blix isn't finding anything, and do we really want to commit to this?" Obama was one of them.

His senate nickname was OBambi, and the meme was "he only weighs 120 pounds, 90 of that is ego." But he stood up, and he did risk his presidency on the bin laden hit. He's made mistakes, and I don't like his politics, but he should not be underestimated, and I think Bibi just made that mistake. I don't really see an issue that can propel Cruz quite the same way. And, I agree with the OP that Cruz has absolutely no desire to actually be elected, and probably not even to be nominated.

The book Game Change details just how calculated Obama was...Skull is usually more on the mark than this.

Wow you people don't get sarcasm do you?

Let me explain.

Obama ran for Pres but didn't really try to be a leader therefore I said he had no intention of really being a president

Hillary was the perfect opponent for Obama, she was polarizing and it allowed the Democrats that hated Hillary to have a viable option.

Hillary took Obama down to the wire and lost by a small margin

Her biggest fault was that in the years leading up to the 2008 election, Hillary played it safe. She avoided any position that could be used against her in 2008. She wanted to build strong anti-terrorism cred and signed on to the Iraq invasion. She did not want a no vote against the war to be used by Republicans to show she was unpatriotic

As it is......the Iraq war was a disaster and Obama used her vote against her

Let me explain.

Obama ran for Pres but didn't really try to be a leader therefore I said he had no intention of really being a president

Oh...my bad.

So, what is Cruz doing?

LOL! Whatever you say. We'll see how that is working for you this time next year. The Left will be Hillary's problem.

So, what is Cruz doing?

LOL! Whatever you say. We'll see how that is working for you this time next year. The Left will be Hillary's problem.

Wow...that statement was incredibly stupid.
The left is Hillary's largest block of support. Hard left, moderate left, left leaning are all firmly in her camp. Unlike the TEA party, no large group of liberals is going to stay home if they do not get their way. Simply because there is no where else to go on one hand and the price of defeat is too high. We saw what happened when some took a flyer on Ralph Nader...we ended up invading Iraq and losing thousands of America's best and brightest because of Bush's ego.

This is why you've lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes; you give up the middle ground in favor of trying to portray yourself as worthy of the votes of the extreme right.

Let me explain.

I think you're incorrect. I think Obama actually thought himself some transformational figure, and was totally unprepared for the reality of the job. And in fairness, I don't think anyone could foresee the level of rancor and feeling of victimization that arose and became the tea party.

Let me explain.

I think you're incorrect. I think Obama actually thought himself some transformational figure, and was totally unprepared for the reality of the job. And in fairness, I don't think anyone could foresee the level of rancor and feeling of victimization that arose and became the tea party.

Obama should have been a transformational figure

But the Republicans conspired that if they did not get to call the shots, then nobody could. They have blocked every piece of legislation for six years

Let me explain.

But the Republicans conspired that if they did not get to call the shots, then nobody could. They have blocked every piece of legislation for six years

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

The Obama motto

Let me explain.

I don't really agree there either. The GOP senators would have compromised on something on healthcare. It might have been only an expansion of Schips and some fix for pre-existing conditions, but they'd have given something. Obama, however, promised Ted universal care in exchange for Ted giving his support over Hillary. Ted probably wanted to throw the Clintons under the bus anyway, but universal care was the issue he'd pursued for decades.

But the GOP senators in 2009 were in a very different political environment than they were in back in 2003, before the war, or even before they voted for TARP to keep the entire economy from imploding. I just think the tea party would have gutted anyone who'd have voted for new revenues to establish subsidies for private health insurance policies, and some soft mandate like Medicare has where there's a huge financial disincentive for anyone to decide not to buy in when they first become eligible.

So, there was no way for Obama to be this transformational figure his ego convinced him he could be.

Conversely, Cruz wants to be the champion of those who believe compromise on things like Gramm-Rudman is a betrayal for not cutting off those who are unworthy of the benefits they themselves receive.

So, what is Cruz doing?

I think you may be right.

But I think also likely he is a shill pushed by Goldman-Sachs, his wife's (former?) employer.

What do these big bankers fear the most?......auditing the fed.....Rand Paul scares these crooks to death...
so Cruz will siphon votes from the true conservatives.

a recent handwriting analysis said Cruz was hiding something
"When someone makes their name entirely illegible, there is much going on behind the scenes that he doesn’t want others to know about"

Cruz is a shill

the resume of an insider...the rhetoric of an outsider

further........ a shill ineligible to be president...which he may just use to jettison himself if it looks like he might actually get too far.

I've seen left-wing media and mouth pieces defend his eligibility, and fail to mention his wife's employer...while touting his signing into Obama/Romney-care....hmmmm

Last edited:

So, what is Cruz doing?

I think you may be right.

But I think also likely he is a shill pushed by Goldman-Sachs, his wife's (former?) employer.

What do these big bankers fear the most?......auditing the fed.....Rand Paul scares these crooks to death...
so Cruz will siphon votes from the true conservatives.

a recent handwriting analysis said Cruz was hiding something
"When someone makes their name entirely illegible, there is much going on behind the scenes that he doesn’t want others to know about"

Cruz is a shill

the resume of an insider...the rhetoric of an outsider

further........ a shill ineligible to be president...which he may just use to jettison himself if it looks like he might actually get too far.

I've seen left-wing media and mouth pieces defend his eligibility, and fail to mention his wife's employer...while touting his signing into Obama/Romney-care....hmmmm

You mean besides being a closet homosexual? Yeah, I'd say Cruz is hiding something.

Forum List

Back