Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

acknowledging that Putin is a leader with guts is not worshiping him. The US needs a leader with some guts who will not constantly cater to the PC idiots and our enemies.

If you were the only one fawning over Putin, perhaps. Alas, the anti-American shit being spewed by many conservatives sounds like a Soviet Era politburo press release. Matched bizarrely by their obsequious praise of the Russian leader.

Anything you want to tell us, comrade? Care to lay out all the ways the US needs to be more like Mother Russia?

Angela Merkel and Bibi Netanyahu are also good leaders with guts. Recognizing good international leaders is not anti-american. Acknowleding that obama is a terrible leader is not anti-american, in fact it is the height of patriotism.

Perhaps. But your go to is good ol' Putin. Whenever the topic of leadership comes up, you fawn over shirtless Vladimir.

And you're not alone. Many conservatives have the same wide eyed, longing Gaze for Vladi......wishing we could be more like Russia. How did Lenin refer to them......ah yes.

'Useful idiots'.

Wishing that the US had a real leader is not worshiping putin or anyone else. Giving examples of good leaders is just part of the discussion. Reagan was a good leader, so was Kennedy, so was Truman, so was Lincoln. We have had a lot of good leaders in this country, we just don't have one now.

I suspect he's trolling. His views are too stereotypical. Almost like someone doing a bad impression of fringe right winger.

I don't have the time, energy or imagination to troll. I'm not on the fringe of the Right Wing. Hell, most of those you folks call the Far Right, are to the LEFT of me, politically.
That is exactly what makes you a "special moron" ....

don't strain yourself.

here ya go.

both men
both have strong views and stand behind them
both successful politicians
both see obama as a weak president and a liberal fool
both care about their countries
one controls his media, the other tells the media to fuck off
both have balls

The right's bizarre hero worship of Putin continues. And why shouldn't it? He represents what they want our government to be.

acknowledging that Putin is a leader with guts is not worshiping him. The US needs a leader with some guts who will not constantly cater to the PC idiots and our enemies.
Acknowledging the GW Bush was a weakling and an asshole would be a good start in your rehab....

Bush made some mistakes, all presidents make mistakes. But weakling and asshole are not adjectives that are applicable to Bush.
I sure as shit apply the adjectives of moron, coward, weakling POS...that is GW Bush to me ....
bush_idiot.jpg

We get it, you don't like Bush. He has been out of office for 6 years and everything has gotten worse under the kenyan messiah.

You're simply ignoring the nation as it is and always has been.....along with anyone who disagrees with you. And demonstrating why ideologues are generally so powerless in a democratic society; while you can ignore almost everyone else, they still get to vote.

Votes mean nothing. The willingness to kill/die for what you believe in does.

Then by your extreme standards, Cruz believes in nothing. As he's only willing to talk about his convictions rather than detonate himself to kill those that disagree with him.

No, it is absolutely OUR responsibility to do it. More and more people are moving in that direction these days. We'll see; possibly as soon as early 2017, whether or not people have finally realized that BULLETS are much more effective than BALLOTS in changing society.

Ah, so you're willing to fight. Just as long as we don't actually ask you to do it right now. You can only do it at some unspecificed future date, unless you can think up some other excuse.

Yeah, the 'I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today' school of revolution doesn't amount to much.

As you have to be willing to bleed. And all you have are reasons why you won't.

It has nothing to do with kissing the asses of the media and EVERYTHING to do with being able to interact with other people

The closest politician to Ted Cruz's interpersonal skills is Putin

Putin is president of a very powerful nation, What's your point?

My point in comparing Cruz to Putin?

Hmmmmm......let me think :eusa_think:

don't strain yourself.

here ya go.

both men
both have balls

The right's bizarre hero worship of Putin continues. And why shouldn't it? He represents what they want our government to be.

Now be honest Republicans ......who would you rather have as your leader?

Ted-Cruz-Hunting-AP-Nati-Hamik.jpg

2007-hunting_1456110i.jpg

and everything has gotten worse under the kenyan messiah.

I saw the stock market tripled under Obama after NumbNutz 43 drove it into the pits of hell

We also stopped losing 800,000 jobs a month and we are on a long streak of creating 200k jobs a month ....he ended both of Bush's wars .....

tumblr_m4o7ayCd0i1qbf05e.png

Ted Cruz Wants You To Believe He s Legally Required To Sign Up For Obamacare. He s Not. ThinkProgress

The Affordable Care Act does not compel members of Congress to enroll in DC’s health care exchange; it simply cuts off the government contribution to their insurance plans if they buy their policies elsewhere. “The final rule extends a Government contribution towards health benefits plans for Members of Congress and designated congressional staff so long as the health benefits plans are purchased via the appropriate SHOP as determined by the Director,” a summary of the final rule says. “Nothing in the final rule or the law prevents a Member of Congress or designated congressional staff from declining a Government contribution for him or herself by choosing a different option for their health insurance coverage.”

In other words, Cruz “could purchase coverage in the outside market but would get no subsidy from the FEHBP program,” Tim Jost clarified for ThinkProgress, referring to the acronym for the federal health care program. “It seems like the primary other option he would have is to take advantage of COBRA through his wife, though he’d be forgoing the employer contribution. He could also buy non-group coverage,” Larry Levitt, Senior Vice President at the Kaiser Family Foundation, said. Cruz could also potentially purchased insurance through his presidential campaign’s presumptive health care insurance. In those instances, however, he would have had to give up his employer’s contribution and likely pay more for insurance than he is now being charged under Obamacare.

don't strain yourself.

here ya go.

both men
both have balls

Elmer Fudd vs Rambo...

don't strain yourself.

here ya go.

both men
both have balls

you need one more picture----------Hillary with no shirt on.

and everything has gotten worse under the kenyan messiah.

I saw the stock market tripled under Obama after NumbNutz 43 drove it into the pits of hell

We also stopped losing 800,000 jobs a month and we are on a long streak of creating 200k jobs a month ....he ended both of Bush's wars .....

tumblr_m4o7ayCd0i1qbf05e.png

That chart is not accurate. Must have been created by a left wing blogger.

Cruz has a Harvard Law Degree and is deemed an idiot.
Obama has a Harvard Law Degree and is deemed a genius.
Democrats would have Hillary Clinton as President with her years of shady dealings with Rose Law firm.
Cruz will not be the nominee as his base is not strong enough to win GOP much less President.
However, if he is the nominee he gets my vote over any Democrats that are currently considering running.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

Your forgetting the primaries are not for appealing to the moderates and independents it's for appealing to the base. In 2008 Hillary believed she already had the base and started trying to get the moderates and independents in the primaries which allowed Obama to go farther to the left than her which the base liked and got him the nomination. The Republicans ran two unsuccessful campaigns with candidates they believed would appeal to the moderates but they did not appeal to the base and many stayed home. Can Cruz make that pivot to appeal to moderates and independents in the general election I don't know what we have seen is without the moderates and independents you might lose without your base you will lose.

But where are the numbers? Obama got 66 million last time, and the dems will get that again ... at least. Mitt actually took 24 states, to Obama 26 plus DC, yet Mitt lost by 126 EV. The only "big" state the gop has safely is Texas. The same demographic fact that makes it near impossible for the dems to take the House for the next decade makes it impossible to win a national election with just red states.
United States presidential election 2012 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
It may not matter because the natl gop is going to muzzle the right wing this time.
You can't win a national election with just blue states either it always comes down to these few swing states and who can do the better job of pretending to be moderate.

Agreed. But what blue states, or more importantly purple states, can Cruz win? Or anyone who is not a moderate ... assuming one considers Jeb a moderate. To me he's more a neocon corporate raider of govt revenues.

Yeah the GOP has been trying to win the moderate vote for over a decade. We see how successful that has been.

I love it when people who hate the GOP tries to tell it how to win an election.

Cruz did not even acknowlege that there is a moderate vote

Even Cruz can crunch the numbers and see the 25% of Republicans who are true Conservatives. He knows that is not enough to get a nomination let alone win an election

But Cruz wants to control that 25%....that is where his power will be

So? He didnt acknowledge the moderates? I already said that chasing the moderates doesnt work.

Ted Cruz isn't willing to compromise his principles. I understand you lefties don't respect that.

Nope. He's not. And he's demonstrating the folly of putting principles above consequences. No matter how badly things turn out as a consequence of his ideals, he won't compromise.

This is why you *don't* want an ideologue as president. As a leader MUST take consequence into account. And an ideologue never can.

I suspect John Kasich will do much better than Cruz for that exact reason.

Yeah, I don't know if you are doing it on purpose or not but you are talking apples and oranges here. I'm saying he won't compromise his principles and the consequence might be that he doesn't get the nomination. You are talking about consequences of his actions after he gets to the oval office.

I'm offering an argument why you don't want an ideologue in the Oval Office. And Cruz is most definitely an ideologue.

None of the policies I've seen that he espouses is going to adversely affect this country.

Well, abolishing the IRS could dramatically hamper our nation's revenue. Which could lead to massive budget deficits and a downgrading of our nation's credit.

Being willing to shut down the government to oppose Obamacare was hideously stupid and cost us billions.

Flat taxes are generally regressive, pushing the tax burden from the wealthy to the middle class and poor.

A balanced budget amendment forbids the kind of flexibility necessary to get out of recession or wage wars. Even the founders ran a budget deficit.

Opposition to gay marriage could cause legal havok. As 10s of thousands of gays are already married. It would cause significant harm to the children of same sex couples, an immediate legal harm to millions of gays and lesbians in our country. His support of

He opposed reauthorizing the Violence against Women Act. Which would dramatically cut funding for investigations and prevention of violence against women.

His stance against environmental regulations could have significantly negative impact on the environment and clean water standards.

Cruz opposes all debt ceiling lifts, which could lead to a national default. Especially when mated with his wholesale dismantling of the IRS.

He is a fierce advocate of massive military expansions. And his stance against Russia and in defense of Ukraine seems to indicate his willingness to use the US military aggressively. This could spell massive spending increases as our military spending ramps up. And result in hideously expensive and potentially destructive wars with major world powers like Russia.

Cruz has supported weakening the separation of church stand state, with Cruz's father calling for Christian Dominionism. While Cruz's father isn't Cruz......his father started indoctrinating Cruz into his brand of dominion Christianity when Cruz was only 4 years old.

"God has called us to be the head and not the tail, not only in the church, but also in the media, in arts and entertainment, in sports, in business, in education and even in government.”

Rafael Cruz

I'd consider Christian Dominionism to be a bad policy position with potentially all sorts of bad outcomes.

Cruz has supported privitizing social security. Which could easily lead to massive funding problems for Social Security.

Cruz supports cuts to the capital gains and elimination of all inherentence taxes. Which would overwhelmingly benfit the wealthy and cut revenue. Increasing budget deficit pressures.

And on each of these issues, he's an ideologue. No matter how bad the outcome, he won't compromise.

Irrelevant to the post you responded to. Apples and oranges. As to this lengthy post, that's your opinion.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

Cruz serves as a foil, he makes Jeb Bush look like a reasonable alternative. Ted probably works for Jeb.

I assume that due to his Latino heritage Cruz is a Roman Catholic.

Stop being racist. Cruz is a Southern Baptist.
Racist?
Hey knee jerk moron..
55% of those of Spanish.Latino or Hispanic origin are practicing Catholics...
Racist....What an asshole.

And 70% of black people are Democrats. Should we simply assume Ben Carson is a Democrat?
Actually blacks vote democrat at a rate of over 80%...And over 95% when the candidate is a black dem...That still leaves roughly 20% and 5% respectively
And you are now an asshole with teeth.

No, Cruz is an idiot, and he really thinks he might win.
And if Cruz were a fasr left wing activist, you'd be calling him the smartest person on the planet....
Shut the fuck up you hypocrite

Didn't you just criticize Penelope for her syntax, grammar, punctuation ... ?
Yeah. I did...Actually, no I didn't.. My criticism of her post was the absence of cohesive thought.
Now, is there anything else you'd like to discuss?

Talk about being a flip-flopper. That is to say, you're a liar.
I asked if there was anything else you'd like to discuss.....No? Good.
Case closed. You lose

So, what is Cruz doing?

Cruz serves as a foil, he makes Jeb Bush look like a reasonable alternative. Ted probably works for Jeb.

Kind of a Good Cop/Bad Cop for Republicans

Bush: See? I'm not as batshit crazy as those guys. You can trust me

Forum List

Back