Teacher Arrested For Threatening His Students After Drawing Swastikas

What an idiot. The teaching profession is declining, and with so many high quality teachers seeking other professions, the bottom of the barrel will be scraped all the harder.

That's his reaction to 7th graders drawing a swastika? He's old enough to know better.

1684455528674.png

Maroon!

What an idiot. The teaching profession is declining, and with so many high quality teachers seeking other professions, the bottom of the barrel will be scraped all the harder.

That's his reaction to 7th graders drawing a swastika? He's old enough to know better.

View attachment 786706

Maroon!

Yeah I'm not sure if they actually would have done anything after drawing the swastikas, or they were just taunting him with them, or it was only a drawing. I think it's like whitehall said, there's a whole lot of this story that we're just not getting.

Yeah I'm not sure if they actually would have done anything after drawing the swastikas, or they were just taunting him with them, or it was only a drawing. I think it's like whitehall said, there's a whole lot of this story that we're just not getting.
Yes, I agree with whitehall that kids today don't know the significance. Partly because they are taught about it so often, that the Holocaust seems like noise. Partly because they see people calling fellow Americans with different political beliefs "Nazi," and partly just because kids are not adults.

Unless he started teaching the day before this incident, he should know by now that the grade he teaches is one in which kids are at their squirliest. He would not last a day at the junior high in which I teach, and the kids their are better behaved than kids at other schools in the district.

Yes, the swastika is actually an ancient Hindu symbol meant to impart good health and life upon the user, that was co-opted by the Germans during the Nazi movement.

It depends on the ethnicity of the kids. In the Navajo culture the swastika is the symbol of the whirling logs. A symbol of peace and friendship.

I took away the quotation marks in my title because now even though I'm still torn, with the more details I get, the more it sounds like the teacher was out of line.

They know. Some just don't appreciate how deeply offensive it is.
In the 7th grade I didn't know. It was just a cool looking symbol that grownups didn't like. Kinda like a peace sign. I hadn't been taught everything it symbolized. That part of my education came later.

I didn't know about the swastika actually being a peace sign. I just associate it with German Nazis.

I took away the quotation marks in my title because now even though I'm still torn, with the more details I get, the more it sounds like the teacher was out of line.

Ya think? Telling them “all Jews have guns” and that he had 17 in his basement and would “F*** them up” and “I wish pain on all of you and your families” was pretty extreme.

Ya think? Telling them “all Jews have guns” and that he had 17 in his basement and would “F*** them up” and “I wish pain on all of you and your families” was pretty extreme.

Unless they were actually threatening him first which that part wasn't so clear.

I didn't know about the swastika actually being a peace sign. I just associate it with German Nazis.
No. It wasn't a peace sign. In my mind it was just another symbol of rebellion that was easy to draw on a fence. Kids that age do all kinds of dumb stuff without understanding just how dumb it is.

Forum List

Back