Tacos and Other Possibly Illegal Food

Tonight we had Chicken tamales, with fried rice, refried beans and avocado sauce. All home made of course. (well, the tamales, rice and avocado anyway).

Tonight we had Chicken tamales, with fried rice, refried beans and avocado sauce. All home made of course. (well, the tamales, rice and avocado anyway).

Can I shake ya for the tamales recipe?:eusa_pray::eusa_angel::eusa_pray:

That would have to come from the Mrs, who has been in top secret negotiations with her mother for the past 2 weeks to get it right. I'll see what I can do.

What you only eat the skirt?:lol::lol::lol:

Buy Beef Skirt Steak & Tender Skirt Steaks Online

New York Steak- Skirt Steaks

Schaul's - Buy Mail Order Certified Angus Skirt Steak Online

The list could go on and on. If you really want something you can have it delivered to your door. And screw the Safeway crap:lol:

One of the delightful things about fajitas is I remember getting 1 lb for $7 bucks (at a resaurant). Skirt steak is a pretty tough piece of meat: It ain't fillet mignon, which is why its best to tenderize it before you try to bite it.

***this is so true, for so many things, is it not?***

But, I digress: Skirt steak oughta be CHEAP! $4/lb is high end...I like to get it at $3/lb....Mail order we're talking $20/lb!!! ($10/8 oz steak)!!:eek:

That would have to come from the Mrs, who has been in top secret negotiations with her mother for the past 2 weeks to get it right. I'll see what I can do.

Tamales are not easy to make for the first time (labor intensive process). Easier/cheaper to buy them freshly made by professionals

Tamales are not easy to make for the first time (labor intensive process). Easier/cheaper to buy them freshly made by professionals

This is true. Mrs O hasn't made them since 94 when we were at her mothers house in Corpus Christie. Which is why they spent so much time on the phone. She's forgotten half of everything she knew about her mom's recopies.

Yep I know that they are time and labor intensive. I think of making tamale's as a family activity. Tamale day! I also have access to fresh. Though that doesn't make it any less appealing to make my own.:)

Now as to that skirt steak. Like all good things when they find out its good the price goes up. There was a time when Main lobster and oysters were considered the poor of the poorest food.

Yep I know that they are time and labor intensive. I think of making tamale's as a family activity. Tamale day! I also have access to fresh. Though that doesn't make it any less appealing to make my own.:)

Now as to that skirt steak. Like all good things when they find out its good the price goes up. There was a time when Main lobster and oysters were considered the poor of the poorest food.

Yes, fajita prices have become absurd, except at Safeway in Colorado, where they haven't any clue what to do with the cut.

Samson, are you by any chance in New Mexico? We need to break bread, or tortillas. I couldn't agree more.

Sometimes I'm forced to visit Hobbs.

The last time I was there, I spent my evenings in Diamond Lil's Salloon playing pool until this catfight broke out. The loser left with some guy.

Fortunately for me, they left in the guy's car, and her car, a Mustang was still in the parking lot. The winner threatened to pee in the gas tank, and I dared her, thinking that a female couldn't possibly pee into a gas tank (unless there was some sort of funnel involved, and she didn't claim to have a funnel).

Lo-and-Behold, she leaned against the car, AND ACCOMPLISHED THE TASK!!:eek:

Then she sat on the windshield, leaving a moist impression of her.....um, "nether regions."

Which, brings us back to the subject of tacos..........:tongue:

You really need to write a cooking-travel book.

Chapter 2, Twatcos, Love and Grub in the Old Southwest.

Samson, are you by any chance in New Mexico? We need to break bread, or tortillas. I couldn't agree more.

Sometimes I'm forced to visit Hobbs.

The last time I was there, I spent my evenings in Diamond Lil's Salloon playing pool until this catfight broke out. The loser left with some guy.

Fortunately for me, they left in the guy's car, and her car, a Mustang was still in the parking lot. The winner threatened to pee in the gas tank, and I dared her, thinking that a female couldn't possibly pee into a gas tank (unless there was some sort of funnel involved, and she didn't claim to have a funnel).

Lo-and-Behold, she leaned against the car, AND ACCOMPLISHED THE TASK!!:eek:

Then she sat on the windshield, leaving a moist impression of her.....um, "nether regions."

Which, brings us back to the subject of tacos..........:tongue:

You really need to write a cooking-travel book.

Chapter 2, Twatcos, Love and Grub in the Old Southwest.

I was wondering when you'd sully the thread with your presence.

I like having friends in low places, Where the whiskey drowns And the beer chases my blues away: And I'll be okay. I'm not big on social graces

You can't keep me away from a good taco or woman pissing.

Low placed friends have the advantage of knowing you are not in it for the money.

You can't keep me away from a good taco or woman pissing.

Low placed friends have the advantage of knowing you are not in it for the money.

Frankly, I'd rather not watch a woman piss, but a woman pissing into a car's gas tank......we'll, that's something some people never see in a lifetime....like the pyramids in Egypt, or Hailey's Comet, or Natural Boobs on a Blonde on Venice Beach.

I will say it again, there is a travel book waiting to come out of you.

And apparently a lot of tacos too.

Women pissing is one thing, but I really don't want to see how those tacos come out.

I will say it again, there is a travel book waiting to come out of you.

And apparently a lot of tacos too.

Women pissing is one thing, but I really don't want to see how those tacos come out.

So, I shouldn't post the pics?

I'm actually curious if any Mexicans have waded across the Pacific Ocean and set up a restaurant down under?

Not yet, but Australian immigration is furiously checking every box of imported Old El Paso for stow aways.

Forum List

Back