What Do Other Communities of Color Say About White Racism?

You're worse than a God-botherer!!! Want to talk about Browns and Blacks enslaving whites and other people of colour far more than whites ever did Blacks??? Or is enslaving Whites OK with you??

Greg
Probably somewhere in the Anglosphere. They use different spelling and terms there. I had an argument with one of my English professors in college. I claimed that American and English were at least different dialects and possibly different languages, he disagreed vehemently. So for the remainder of the class I wrote all my assigned work using English terminology and spelling. It infuriated him, but at the end of the course he admitted that I was was probably right. I am a very stubborn person who lacks subtlety.

Meh, a search can also find 2+2=4 as being disputed, too.
It is disputed. When I first came on forums almost 20 years ago, people were already having a go at Muslims but they were clearly not being racist. At that time in the US it clearly was not socially acceptable to be racist, even the goes at Muslims were a bit muffled. In these years bit by bit things have changed. People had no problems showing their strong prejudice against Muslims and bit by bit the same has come true of racism.

It is disputed. When I first came on forums almost 20 years ago, people were already having a go at Muslims but they were clearly not being racist. At that time in the US it clearly was not socially acceptable to be racist, even the goes at Muslims were a bit muffled. In these years bit by bit things have changed. People had no problems showing their strong prejudice against Muslims and bit by bit the same has come true of racism.

I didn't disagree with you. Just about everything is disputed these days.

Hispanics have been flooding into the USA, for decades, because whites are the least racist people on Earth and the USA provides the best opportunities in the World.

I've done a lot of research on the subject and have seen it personally growing up as a child in Alabama and Washington DC. Systemic Racism is gone but individual racism still persists in some people of all races. Most people are not racists.
That isn't how it comes over though when I first came on forums it was. Given that everything is so divided in the US it possibly depends on where you live. I was going to go and spend ten minutes or so doing a bit more of a search on research but if you even look at one thing, incarceration, I guess you could say it is systematically prejudiced in favour of black people. Far more of them in jail, mainly for smoking cannabis when white people apparently smoke it more., Not able to get a job or welfare or anything when they get out. No I have seen several Documentaries on racism in the US and while it is good to hear of your experience that is not how the US is just now.

That isn't how it comes over though when I first came on forums it was. Given that everything is so divided in the US it possibly depends on where you live. I was going to go and spend ten minutes or so doing a bit more of a search on research but if you even look at one thing, incarceration, I guess you could say it is systematically prejudiced in favour of black people. Far more of them in jail, mainly for smoking cannabis when white people apparently smoke it more., Not able to get a job or welfare or anything when they get out. No I have seen several Documentaries on racism in the US and while it is good to hear of your experience that is not how the US is just now.
Ok so let's talk about incarceration. Clearly Black males are incarcerated at a far higher rate than men of other races. It is dangerous to jump to the conclusion that the reason for that is Systemic Racism. There are multiple factors involved and Systemic Racism is not one of them. It is also incorrect to claim that the majority of Black men are incarcerated for just smoking pot. This article states that only 0.1 percent of prisoners at the State level are in for Pot possesion. It's 13 percent at the Federal Level.

Ok so let's talk about incarceration. Clearly Black males are incarcerated at a far higher rate than men of other races. It is dangerous to jump to the conclusion that the reason for that is Systemic Racism. There are multiple factors involved and Systemic Racism is not one of them. It is also incorrect to claim that the majority of Black men are incarcerated for just smoking pot. This article states that only 0.1 percent of prisoners at the State level are in for Pot possesion. It's 13 percent at the Federal Level.

Hmmmmm

African Americans are arrested for violating marijuana possession laws at nearly four times the rates of whites, yet both ethnicities consume marijuana at roughly the same rates.​

According to the ACLU’s original analysis, marijuana arrests now account for over half of all drug arrests in the United States. Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana. Nationwide, the arrest data revealed one consistent trend: significant racial bias. Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana.

How Many People Are Incarcerated for Marijuana?

Over 1 million people are incarcerated in the U.S. for marijuana, most for simple possession. This is more than those who are in federal prison for murder, rape, and other violent crimes on a federal level. Over 800,000 of these include African Americans, even though Blacks and Whites use the drug at similar rates.

According to a recent study by the American Civil Liberties Union, the prison population for marijuana use was 1,561,013 from 2001 to 2010. The study did not look at pre-2001 data, so the actual number of marijuana-related arrests is likely much higher than their reported figure.

Plenty more where they come from.

You believe this has nothing to do with systematic racism.

Blacks in the US targeted by an unfair justice system​

Black people make up a much greater proportion of the US prison population than whites. This is down to more than a century of systemic legal injustices — racist policing practices are just one part of the problem.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2

There is both individual and systemic racism in this country. White men who practice racism are the last people who have grounds to argue that it is not. Law enforcement and other criminal justice professionals admit to the systemic racism in their profession. The same goes with education, health care and business. The only people arguing against it are those who continue practicing racism.

There is both individual and systemic racism in this country. White men who practice racism are the last people who have grounds to argue that it is not. Law enforcement and other criminal justice professionals admit to the systemic racism in their profession. The same goes with education, health care and business. The only people arguing against it are those who continue practicing racism.
Did you watch the video I posted of Pastor Brooks and his son discussing life in South Chicago? I'll bet you didn't because your are afraid of what you will learn.

Seems that a number of whites here seem to believe that every other community of color are just happy with how things are and blacks are the only ones complaining.

I've never heard anyone say that. IM2, you are a shit talker.

OR, as time went on, you were radicalized and learned to assume wacist intent in normal, healthy opinions and positions.

Did you watch the video I posted of Pastor Brooks and his son discussing life in South Chicago? I'll bet you didn't because your are afraid of what you will learn.
No. And I won't.

I read this. It tells me about life in Chicago.

OR, as time went on, you were radicalized and learned to assume wacist intent in normal, healthy opinions and positions.
Exactly. It is completely reasonable to hold the position that race should not be a factor in determining who is and who is not accepted into a university, for instance, and is in fact a race-blind preference that goes AGAINST racism. Yet in this hyper-radicalized environment, a person objecting to race-based admissions polices is, ironically, attacked as being a racist.

How sad for you. I knew it.
It's sad that you want to push your racist narrative. I get plenty of information about life in the Chicago black community from all sides, not just from the side a white racist wants to make of Chicago and I do it with this:

Forum List

Back