Support for a "limited" no fly zone?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
just to protect already agreed upon evacuation routes for women and children.

Frankly, I don't see how it works. Even if we could do with without causing a nuclear exchange ..... the West would use it get military supplies into Eastern Ukraine.

Imo arming the Ukrainians is the only route. And seeing refugees is .... very sad

I agree, but seeing those funny-shaped clouds over America would be "sadder".
Make no mistake...those funny clouds would be over Russian cities as well.

Putin has to know he's a target

He's crazy but suicidal?

Frankly, I don't see how it works. Even if we could do with without causing a nuclear exchange ..... the West would use it get military supplies into Eastern Ukraine.

Imo arming the Ukrainians is the only route. And seeing refugees is .... very sad
Finding a way to a mutually acceptable peace for America and Russia is the only way forward.
Arming Ukrainians isn't a solution because eventually one side or the other is going to violate the agreed upon rules.

Let's face facts. Russia hasn't moved into Kiev because the Russian artillery and bombers haven't prepared the way. In fact, the Russian army has almost been stalemated to a standstill on account of it's perception of the rules for this war.

There is not such thing as a limited no fly zone. Once you put NATO air forces over Ukrainian territory, it's then up to Russia to decide if they want to escalate or not.

Thats a slippery slope

Make no mistake...those funny clouds would be over Russian cities as well.

Putin has to know he's a target

He's crazy but suicidal?
He's a paranoid sociopath, and that's nothing new .... but he's not been irrational before, and my guess is the Ukranian was is because he no longer gets "contrary" opinions to challenge what he wants to believe.

But US and Russian pilots exchanging missiles and gunfire would be an escalation .... and inevitably Russian air defenses would be destroyed. And with that prospect, Putin using at least theatre nukes would not be ... illogical.

No fly is a bad idea.

But giving the ukrainians any planes they already know how to fly .... make it so.

The only way we're going to see the parade of refugees stop, and an end to Putin's army targeting women and children and old people, is if the Ukranians win. We need to make that happen sooner than later. And Russia cannot win a long term occupation so long as Ukraine can fight.

He's a paranoid sociopath, and that's nothing new .... but he's not been irrational before, and my guess is the Ukranian was is because he no longer gets "contrary" opinions to challenge what he wants to believe.

But US and Russian pilots exchanging missiles and gunfire would be an escalation .... and inevitably Russian air defenses would be destroyed. And with that prospect, Putin using at least theatre nukes would not be ... illogical.

No fly is a bad idea.

But giving the ukrainians any planes they already know how to fly .... make it so.

The only way we're going to see the parade of refugees stop, and an end to Putin's army targeting women and children and old people, is if the Ukranians win. We need to make that happen sooner than later. And Russia cannot win a long term occupation so long as Ukraine can fight.
Very well said.

Forum List

Back