Americans broadly support Ukraine no-fly zone, Russia oil ban -poll.

A no fly zone is effectively a blockade, and a blockade is an act of war, always to the country being blockaded, and potentially to the countries trying to trade with the blockaded country.

It's not a blockade if the president of the country you are doing the no fly zone over is begging you to do it.

And there is nothing wrong with blockading an invading country.

You usually have some good points. This time, I'm afraid you're letting your fear get to you. Don't be bullied by this one little jackass called "putin" who threatens and bullies the entire free world. You're better than that.

If not no-fly zone, then we should attack moscow directly and eliminate the threat permanantly.

When are you enlisting?

It's not a blockade if the president of the country you are doing the no fly zone over is begging you to do it.

A no fly zone is accomplished through total air superiority. That means all anti air assets in the ground must be neutralized just to operate freely. Then aerial combat against any encroaching air assets. IOW, direct, open warfare with the Russian military. That will never happen. We would lose all credibility if we escalate in such a way.

A no fly zone is accomplished through total air superiority. That means all anti air assets in the ground must be neutralized just to operate freely. Then aerial combat against any encroaching air assets. IOW, direct, open warfare with the Russian military. That will never happen. We would lose all credibility if we escalate in such a way.
Credibility and a lot more.

For clarity: it's air supremacy, not air superiority.

Dithering with unprecedented sanctions. :cuckoo:
They don’t operate according to your whims.

Eventually unprecedented, and my point is we only got this far because Ukraine resisted for this long.

A 2-5 day war and quick Russian victory would have resulted in a fait accompli, with minimal pushback from the West beyond token sanctions and UN protests.

By international law it's a blockade.

That would be Russia's justification for shooting at any NATO aircraft that prevent it's planes from going through with their missions.

Eventually unprecedented, and my point is we only got this far because Ukraine resisted for this long.

A 2-5 day war and quick Russian victory would have resulted in a fait accompli, with minimal pushback from the West beyond token sanctions and UN protests.
So you’re point is that we’re doing well. Got it.

So you’re point is that we’re doing well. Got it.

My point is none of the West leaders probably wanted what we got, they wanted either no invasion or a quick Russian win. Ukrainian resistance and Russian military incompetence got us to where we are now.

My point is none of the West leaders probably wanted what we got, they wanted either no invasion or a quick Russian win. Ukrainian resistance and Russian military incompetence got us to where we are now.
I can pretty confidently state that no one wanted a win except Republicans.
I’m pretty sure that the US intel orgs knew quite well that this was not going to be easy for Russia. Not to mention that we had already sent the Ukrainians weapons, ammo and nearly 1000
Javelin missiles by the end of Jan.

I can pretty confidently state that no one wanted a win except Republicans.
I’m pretty sure that the US intel orgs knew quite well that this was not going to be easy for Russia. Not to mention that we had already sent the Ukrainians weapons, ammo and nearly 1000
Javelin missiles by the end of Jan.

Bullshit, you really still think Republicans want a stronger Russia?

Romney was calling them out a decade ago and got laughed at.

Trump in 2018 warned Europe about dependence on Russian oil, he got laughed at.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...mp-warned-germany-against-becoming-energy-dep

"Reliance on a single foreign supplier can leave a nation vulnerable to extortion and intimidation. That is why we congratulate European states, such as Poland, for leading the construction of a Baltic pipeline so that nations are not dependent on Russia to meet their energy needs. Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course," Trump said. "Here in the Western Hemisphere, we are committed to maintaining our independence from the encroachment of expansionist foreign powers."

Bullshit, you really still think Republicans want a stronger Russia?

Romney was calling them out a decade ago and got laughed at.

Trump in 2018 warned Europe about dependence on Russian oil, he got laughed at.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...mp-warned-germany-against-becoming-energy-dep
You boys are certainly trying very hard to put the US and it’s Allies in a bad light. When in reality the response from the world has been a unified and unprecedented success in bringing pain to Putin short of actual warfare.

You boys are certainly trying very hard to put the US and it’s Allies in a bad light. When in reality the response from the world has been a unified and unprecedented success in bringing pain to Putin short of actual warfare.

And we get to watch Ukrainians bleed for it while feeling good about ourselves.

Russia has to lose here, that is the only outcome we can live with. In fact they should be driven from the Crimea and two separatist regions as punishment for their overreach.

My point is about BEFORE all this happened. Between the energy control Russia has over Europe, and Biden's qualified response fiasco, Russia was given very weak signals of how the West would react. I have a feeling his original plan was just to go into the already occupied areas, but Western weakness made him think at the last minute he could take the whole enchilada.

And we get to watch Ukrainians bleed for it while feeling good about ourselves.

Russia has to lose here, that is the only outcome we can live with. In fact they should be driven from the Crimea and two separatist regions as punishment for their overreach.

My point is about BEFORE all this happened. Between the energy control Russia has over Europe, and Biden's qualified response fiasco, Russia was given very weak signals of how the West would react. I have a feeling his original plan was just to go into the already occupied areas, but Western weakness made him think at the last minute he could take the whole enchilada.
Putin acted stupidly. There’s really nothing else to say. Biden told Putin exactly what would happen if he proceeded into Ukraine.
All your hindsighted Monday morning quarterbacking is irrelevant.

New Topics

Forum List

Back