Americans broadly support Ukraine no-fly zone, Russia oil ban -poll.

Oil is fungible. The US is leading Europe in a world-wide boycott of western led sanction of oil. At this point, I believe the only folks buying it are Iran, China, N. Korea, Cuba, and there maybe some E. European nations that have gotten a waver b/c of the strength of their economies.

This is propaganda for the ignorant and useful hyper idiot partisans that don't want to believe in reality. Sanctions are a form of warfare. They are the same as navel blockades or city sieges.

68cokp.jpg

Last edited:
Besides, our leaders made promises to Ukraine that we would help in every way if Russia invaded them. This promise was made in exchange for Ukraine dismantling thousands of nuclear warheads.

I have had this discussion with a couple folks now, and proved them wrong, in documentation. I understand why you believe it, b/c the Anglo-American press keeps telling this lie, but it is not true.

Why don't they arm those millions of nice young men they took in from the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa and send them to where the action is? I'm sure they are willing to fight and die for their new homelands.
68cpm7.jpg

The Deep State is now sending in some of the trained mercenaries that the CIA and MI6 had been using in Syria against Assad? To now fight Putin. . . :auiqs.jpg:

450 Arab and foreign extremists from Idlib arrive in Ukraine​

Almost 450 extremists from various nationalities arrive to Idlib to fight against Russian troops, after leaving Syria and passing through Turkey.
68cpxh.jpg

NATO White Helmets follow al-Qaeda to Ukraine​

"senior fighters from the terrorist group Hayat Tahrir-Al-Sham (rebranded version of Jabhat Al Nusra aka Al Qaeda) have held a number of meetings with senior leaders in the Turkistan Islamic Party group and Ansar Al Tawhid and Hurras Al Din groups, and agreed on allowing a number of their fighters to enter Ukraine through Turkey”.

68cpm7.jpg

The Deep State is now sending in some of the trained mercenaries that the CIA and MI6 had been using in Syria against Assad? To now fight Putin. . . :auiqs.jpg:

Almost 450 extremists from various nationalities arrive to Idlib to fight against Russian troops, after leaving Syria and passing through Turkey.
68cpxh.jpg

"senior fighters from the terrorist group Hayat Tahrir-Al-Sham (rebranded version of Jabhat Al Nusra aka Al Qaeda) have held a number of meetings with senior leaders in the Turkistan Islamic Party group and Ansar Al Tawhid and Hurras Al Din groups, and agreed on allowing a number of their fighters to enter Ukraine through Turkey”.

Hell's bells!
The wickets are getting sticky!!

If true, who could have imagined such a slow build up to WWIII?
Not even Tom Clancy!

A broad bipartisan majority of Americans think the United States should stop buying Russian oil and gas and work with NATO to set up "no-fly zones" to protect Ukraine from Russian air strikes, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll completed on Friday.

This article, sums it up best.

ROBERT PARRY: Playing Nuclear Chicken Over Ukraine​

Nuclear-1.jpeg

". . . Perhaps the greatest danger from the new neocon dream for “regime change” in Moscow is that whoever follows Putin might not be the pliable yes man that the neocons envision, but a fierce Russian nationalist who would suddenly have control of their nuclear launch codes and might decide that it’s time for the United States to make concessions or face annihilation.

On March 3, The Washington Post‘s neocon editorialists emphasized the need for ousting Putin as they anti-Putin activists who have urged an escalation of Western pressure on Russia. The Post wrote: “They say he [Putin] can be stopped only by steps that decisively raise the cost of his military aggression and cripple the financial system that sustains his regime.”

Yet, what I find truly remarkable about the Ukraine crisis is that it was always relatively simple to resolve: Before the coup, Yanukovych agreed to reduced powers and early elections so he could be voted out of office. Then, either he or some new leadership could have crafted an economic arrangement that expanded ties to the EU while not severing them with Russia.

Even after the coup, the new regime could have negotiated a federalized system that granted more independence to the disenfranchised ethnic Russians of eastern Ukraine, rather than launch a brutal “anti-terrorist operation” against those resisting the new authorities. But Official Washington’s “group think” has been single-minded: only bellicose anti-Russian sentiments are permitted and no suggestions of accommodation are allowed.

Still, spending time this weekend with people like Helen Caldicott, an Australian physician who has committed much of her life to campaigning against nuclear weapons, reminded me that this devil-may-care attitude toward a showdown with Russia, which has gripped the U.S. political/media establishment, is not universal. Not everyone agrees with Official Washington’s nonchalance about playing a tough-guy game of nuclear chicken.

As part of the conference, Caldicott asked attendees to stay around for a late-afternoon showing of the 1959 movie, On the Beach, which tells the story of the last survivors from a nuclear war as they prepare to die when the radioactive cloud that has eliminated life everywhere else finally reaches Australia. A mystery in the movie is how the final war began, who started it and why with the best guess being that some radar operator somewhere thought he saw something and someone reacted in haste.

Watching the movie reminded me that there was a time when Americans were serious about the existential threat from U.S.-Russian nuclear weapons, when there were films like Dr. Strangelove, Fail Safe, and On the Beach. Now, there’s a cavalier disinterest in those risks, a self-confidence that one can put his or her political or journalistic career first and just assume that some adult will step in before the worst happens."

Nuclear-1.jpeg

". . . Perhaps the greatest danger from the new neocon dream for “regime change” in Moscow is that whoever follows Putin might not be the pliable yes man that the neocons envision, but a fierce Russian nationalist who would suddenly have control of their nuclear launch codes and might decide that it’s time for the United States to make concessions or face annihilation.

On March 3, The Washington Post‘s neocon editorialists emphasized the need for ousting Putin as they anti-Putin activists who have urged an escalation of Western pressure on Russia. The Post wrote: “They say he [Putin] can be stopped only by steps that decisively raise the cost of his military aggression and cripple the financial system that sustains his regime.”

Yet, what I find truly remarkable about the Ukraine crisis is that it was always relatively simple to resolve: Before the coup, Yanukovych agreed to reduced powers and early elections so he could be voted out of office. Then, either he or some new leadership could have crafted an economic arrangement that expanded ties to the EU while not severing them with Russia.

Even after the coup, the new regime could have negotiated a federalized system that granted more independence to the disenfranchised ethnic Russians of eastern Ukraine, rather than launch a brutal “anti-terrorist operation” against those resisting the new authorities. But Official Washington’s “group think” has been single-minded: only bellicose anti-Russian sentiments are permitted and no suggestions of accommodation are allowed.

Still, spending time this weekend with people like Helen Caldicott, an Australian physician who has committed much of her life to campaigning against nuclear weapons, reminded me that this devil-may-care attitude toward a showdown with Russia, which has gripped the U.S. political/media establishment, is not universal. Not everyone agrees with Official Washington’s nonchalance about playing a tough-guy game of nuclear chicken.

As part of the conference, Caldicott asked attendees to stay around for a late-afternoon showing of the 1959 movie, On the Beach, which tells the story of the last survivors from a nuclear war as they prepare to die when the radioactive cloud that has eliminated life everywhere else finally reaches Australia. A mystery in the movie is how the final war began, who started it and why with the best guess being that some radar operator somewhere thought he saw something and someone reacted in haste.

Watching the movie reminded me that there was a time when Americans were serious about the existential threat from U.S.-Russian nuclear weapons, when there were films like Dr. Strangelove, Fail Safe, and On the Beach. Now, there’s a cavalier disinterest in those risks, a self-confidence that one can put his or her political or journalistic career first and just assume that some adult will step in before the worst happens."

I don't care about regime change in Russia, do you?

68cpm7.jpg

68cpxh.jpg

Hell's bells!
The wickets are getting sticky!

Nuclear-1.jpeg

Life is cheap in a Banana Republic.
America has become a Banana Republic.
(Note the lame to little response to the leftist riots in response to George Floyd.)

Bananas for everyone! :banana:

Hell's bells!
The wickets are getting sticky!

Life is cheap in a Banana Republic.
America has become a Banana Republic.
(Note the lame to little response to the leftist riots in response to George Floyd.)

Bananas for everyone! :banana:
Nope. We did come close to a banana republic when Trump was in office. The symptoms are constant promotion of conspiracy theories and paranoia.

WASHINGTON, March 4 (Reuters) - A broad bipartisan majority of Americans think the United States should stop buying Russian oil and gas and work with NATO to set up "no-fly zones" to protect Ukraine from Russian air strikes, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll completed on Friday.

The poll, conducted Thursday and Friday, suggests that U.S. outrage is growing over Russia's invasion of Ukraine, which in recent days has increasingly involved Russian bombing of urban areas.

Ukraine no fly zone means Nuclear War.

Americans don't want that.

Reuters is another well known fake news media POS .....take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Why would I? I don't think much of Putin, wondering if he's lost his mind. Do you want to over throw Putin, or what?
I don't, of course not.

I would just prefer, that the entire population of the Earth, ignore folks that have sold themselves out for power and money.

If his ministers ignored him? Then what? If his generals did not do what he wanted? Then what? If nobody did what he has planned? Then what?

All over the world. . .

All the folks that have anything at all to do with the WEF OR UN? They are all certainly EVIL.

That is all there is to it. None of the people of the planet should cooperate with any of them, whether they are CEO's, or "global leaders." That is all there is to that.

. . . but of course I do not believe in violence.

And you? You should stop your corrupted whispering and campaign of insidious lies.

iu

I don't, of course not.

I would just prefer, that the entire population of the Earth, ignore folks that have sold themselves out for power and money.

If his ministers ignored him? Then what? If his generals did not do what he wanted? Then what? If nobody did what he has planned? Then what?

All over the world. . .

All the folks that have anything at all to do with the WEF OR UN? They are all certainly EVIL.

That is all there is to it. None of the people of the planet should cooperate with any of them, whether they are CEO's, or "global leaders." That is all there is to that.

. . . but of course I do not believe in violence.

And you? You should stop your corrupted whispering and campaign of insidious lies.

iu
What insidious lies?

Americans do not care so much about Ukraine and its borders as they care as America and it's own borders!

WAKE THE F**** UP! :mad-61:
Evangelical fundamentalists who support Trump also support Putin. Our border problems are easily solved.

Fair enough. As far as your reference link, I understand the author was attempting an "unbiased" effort to try to report on the bias of the various sources. However, they (the people running the "project") apparently missed some of the critical factors affecting bias: where does the source get funding from? what is the political orientation of the CEO or owner of the source? Does the source have ties to any government or political organizations?

Medium.com itself was founded on principles of blogging and independent journalism. The author of your citation is a top writer for the site, so undoubtedly gets some influence from the people that run the site. The site was created by the same guy that co-founded Twitter and Blogger, but apparently the site is now owned by Amazon. These factors indicate there is a high degree of federal oversight in what they publish.

The top picks for "unbiased" coverage in that article are known to get huge amounts of funding from nefarious sources (imho). Not to mention federal government control (direct links to the Whitehouse, FCC, and other state and federal controlling agencies), similar to the Medium.com website itself. Overall, I would have to say the "bias" for any conclusions is extremely toward supporting whatever the federal government wants them to come up with for "top sources".

Sadly, all internet sources are suspect. I miss the good old days where journalists would publish discovered facts and events IN HARD COPY PRINT. Corrections had to be published in the next printed publication. The history and reporting surrounding an event could be looked up on microfiche. Today, stories get updated and deleted at a whim with the mere click of a mouse button, and it seems most are more editorials than fact based.
One should always follow the money, in all things touched by humankind. Indeed, We not only need fact checkers checking the fact checkers, but independent mindsets who can compare and contrast what’s being said to get closer to the truth. Comparing pieces written by leftist and progressive news media orgs owned by NY left-leaning owners, no shock the news articles slant left for influential purposes. Similar with right and far right.

I learned recently, that just because a source is politically rated as neutral it doesn’t mean it’s accurate. I focus a lot on the reliability rating, but again not always a fair assessment.

Let’s take AllSides for instance. This rating company only has 3 people who determine the rating. One person self identifies as right leaning, one identifies to be in the middle, and one to the left. I am stuck on the part that it’s only 3 people, although yes they’re supposed to be very well read and experienced in rating media sources. Three people. Three people can be easily bribed can they not, compared to let’s say 100? Perhaps I’m too cynical, but I believe reality shows me I am not.

Looking at the funding is good advice for all, and I’m going to focus more on that with every single source, however, hidden money not reported…requires wait time for the bribe(s) to be exposed, if ever.

Forum List

Back