So the christian jesus was all about peace ?

So, what's the body count? How many did Christ slay with his sword?

According to my calculations, one third of mankind.
I am dubious of your calculations. Blaming the Bible or Koran for the actions of man is like blaming the rifle for Omar's rampage last week.

I am not blaming the bible for anything. I showed that Jesus deliberately cursed 'the nations', as Jeremiah 25:15 clearly identifies "the sword" as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

One third of mankind 'slain by the sword' matches perfectly the number of Christians worldwide.

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 49:26
Dude, you are blaming the Bible. What's more, you are cherry-picking. Fine. Your choice to believe and interpret the Bible just like everyone else.

My point was that human beings determine how a tool is used be that tool a hammer or a book. You've just proved my point by declaring that Jesus said kill a third of humanity. You are no different than any other extremist, religious or otherwise, who chooses information to fit their world view.

You need to read more carefully. I did not say that Jesus said to kill anyone. I did not say anything about a weapon.

I showed that the sword that Jesus said that he came to bring was a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

Apparently, still works like a charm.

I am dubious of your calculations. Blaming the Bible or Koran for the actions of man is like blaming the rifle for Omar's rampage last week.

I am not blaming the bible for anything. I showed that Jesus deliberately cursed 'the nations', as Jeremiah 25:15 clearly identifies "the sword" as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

One third of mankind 'slain by the sword' matches perfectly the number of Christians worldwide.

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 49:26
Dude, you are blaming the Bible. What's more, you are cherry-picking. Fine. Your choice to believe and interpret the Bible just like everyone else.

My point was that human beings determine how a tool is used be that tool a hammer or a book. You've just proved my point by declaring that Jesus said kill a third of humanity. You are no different than any other extremist, religious or otherwise, who chooses information to fit their world view.

You need to read more carefully. I did not say that Jesus said to kill anyone. I did not say anything about a weapon.

I showed that the sword that Jesus said that he came to bring was a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

Ahhh, you like word games. Fine.

What you forget is that you can't post a single post and expect everyone to forget your previous 3,000 posts. Every time you post about religion, spirituality, atheism, the Bible, etc, it adds a point on a line. After awhile, it's really easy to see where that line is going even when you claim differently.

Have a nice day, Hobelim.

Ahhh, you like word games. Fine.

What you forget is that you can't post a single post and expect everyone to forget your previous 3,000 posts. Every time you post about religion, spirituality, atheism, the Bible, etc, it adds a point on a line. After awhile, it's really easy to see where that line is going even when you claim differently.

Have a nice day, Hobelim.

Word games? I don't think so.

There is nothing contradictory about this post with any other post of mine. In fact I have posted this exact same point more than once. You have no idea where I am coming from or where I am going.

All the pieces fit perfectly. If you ever had an inking that something was amiss about Christianity, now you know why. If you want to know my opinion, I would say that it amounts to both a foreign and domestic national security threat turning otherwise good and intelligent people, in high and low places, into mindless bobbleheads that can't tell the difference between a peaceful religion and a violent ideology, much less the difference between the truth and a lie.

"He who eats and drinks without discerning the body, eats and drinks judgment on himself."

" He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who lifts the sword to kill is bound by the sword to be killed."

Last edited:
Zero. HOWEVER. Pops said "Let it rain, let it rain , let it rain."
That was pre-zero-ibnterest-No down payment on the Bass Tracker at Walmart if'n you know what I mean. There was 8 left and they turned out not to be worth a shit either. Breeding homo-sapiens is a bitch !

Jesus was speaking about
Jesus was speaking about ones--spiritual enemies--not physical enemies.
There were wild animals to be concerned about--thus the sword.
Jesus clearly taught--love, peace, unity, return evil for evil to no one, turn the other cheek, vengeance is mine said the Lord
Jesus taught--love,peace,unity

He did not.

Every religion on the face of the planet, except maybe Judaism for obvious reasons, views Jesus as a man of God.

Virtually no other person can make this claim.

And Jews are very proud of that fact.

So what you are saying is you are proud that they crucified him?

Ovey, some things never change I suppose.

Not only did Jews have NOTHING to do with his death, they had nothing to do with him during or after his lifetime.
He made ZERO impact.

A minute ago your said Jews were very proud of that fact that Jesus was a man of God. (I mean yesterday)

Last edited:
Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:36
He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book

How would the meek inherit the Earth without a bit of revolution.

meek is an English approximation of the Hebrew 'anavah' It does not mean weak,
pathetic victim

Humble, whatever. It means not the rich fucks. Nor the rulers of the day. Talk like that could get a person crucified back then. ;)

Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book

pathetic victim

Humble, whatever. It means not the rich fucks. Nor the rulers of the day. Talk like that could get a person crucified back then. ;)

sorta----it is a personality trait-----the most
"anavah" person in the world was supposed
to have been Moses. He was a ruler---sorta

Usually the sword of Jesus is the words of truth and salvation he speaks..

sounds more like JEREMIAH------watta mouth that guy had

sounds more like JEREMIAH------watta mouth that guy had
I know, but it's the analogy that you run into when you study religion..

Matt;

pathetic victim

Moses was not meek. He ordered the killing of those against him.

Matt;

pathetic victim

Moses was the most meek person in the world according to the catholic version of the bible. He did NOT, in fact, order the killing of people AGAINST HIMSELF----try reading the book

your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 49:26

That's right, say my name again in proper context till you wake from your slumber:
"your Savior and your Redeemer(in Hebrew-HaSheva), the Mighty One of Jacob."
Isaiah 49:26

Don't feel bad, your Jesus figure used to do it all the time too.
Jesus said will thou be made "whole"? (Shalem[Shv*mn]).

pathetic victim

Moses was the most meek person in the world according to the catholic version of the bible. He did NOT, in fact, order the killing of people AGAINST HIMSELF----try reading the book

Yes all those who worshipped the golden calf, and said your either with us or not and order their death, those who killed those against them he made Priests. Well Rome is being kind to him.

your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 49:26

That's right, say my name again in proper context till you wake from your slumber:
"your Savior and your Redeemer(in Hebrew-HaSheva), the Mighty One of Jacob."
Isaiah 49:26

Don't feel bad, your Jesus figure used to do it all the time too.
Jesus said will thou be made "whole"? (Shalem[Shv*mn]).

Aye aye, General Strangerthanfiction....:happy-1:

May I bring you some tea?

Last edited:

Thats what you have been told, but I am telling you that the sword is clearly identified as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine according to Jeremiah 25:15, specifically intended "to smite the nations" according to revelation 19:15.

Don't all those who drink that cup of fiery wine either literally or figuratively start vomiting and go mad?

The truth is supposed to set you free.

pathetic victim

Yes all those who worshipped the golden calf, and said your either with us or not and order their death, those who killed those against them he made Priests. Well Rome is being kind to him.

the biblical account describes a civil war that took place amongst the people of the "EXODUS" Moses did not MAKE PEOPLE PRIESTS depending on who served in his personal army-----the priests are the descendants of AARON----In fact some of the
people on the wrong side of the fight were his own and aaron's cousins----LEVITES. AARON was already the recognized "priest"----Your catechism nun screwed it up again. The leader of the rebellion KORACH---died--but his sons survived ---their descendants became the core leaders of temple officials and musicians---like---uhm....FOREVER. DATAN was also a core rebel leader------he was played by Edward G Robinson----against Charlton Heston---in the Cecil B DeMille version, Gee, your catechism whore screwed it up again

the biblical account describes a civil war that took place amongst the people of the "EXODUS" Moses did not MAKE PEOPLE PRIESTS depending on who served in his personal army-----the priests are the descendants of AARON----In fact some of the
people on the wrong side of the fight were his own and aaron's cousins----LEVITES. AARON was already the recognized "priest"----Your catechism nun screwed it up again. The leader of the rebellion KORACH---died--but his sons survived ---their descendants became the core leaders of temple officials and musicians---like---uhm....FOREVER. DATAN was also a core rebel leader------he was played by Edward G Robinson----against Charlton Heston---in the Cecil B DeMille version, Gee, your catechism whore screwed it up again

You mean how many people were murdered in the angry guy's name throughout the 1st millennia AD?
Probably 10s of millions.
So you agree 1) that Muhammad and Islam is responsible for all the deaths done by Muslims. That we're at war with all of them and 2) Martin Luther King is responsible for all the violence done in his name.

Are you inebriated?
No. Are you fucked in the head? On drugs? Are you an asshole? Oh, wait. Lemme guess. You're an atheist who not only thinks he knows everything but looks down on anyone who has spiritual views. Is that it?

Actually, I'm almost 60 and have been studying Tanach for over 30 years in Hebrew.
You want to debate?

Once again, are you inebriated?

He did not.

Every religion on the face of the planet, except maybe Judaism for obvious reasons, views Jesus as a man of God.

Virtually no other person can make this claim.

And Jews are very proud of that fact.

So what you are saying is you are proud that they crucified him?

Ovey, some things never change I suppose.

Not only did Jews have NOTHING to do with his death, they had nothing to do with him during or after his lifetime.
He made ZERO impact.

I see, so you completely discount the Biblical account?

I suppose you think the Romans did it all by themselves.

The TNT is worthless nonsense.
At best, it's nicest verses are lifted right out of The Jewish Scriptures.
At worst, it completely mistranslates and mutilates The Jewish Scriptures.
But of course, you would have to take 3 months out of your precious life to learn a little bit of Hebrew to know that.

Forum List

Back