So the christian jesus was all about peace ?

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:36
He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book

He is a very happy guy. He achieved his goal, and His Father is well pleased with Him. So how many did that cranky Jew slay with that sword, again?
You mean how many people were murdered in the angry guy's name throughout the 1st millennia AD?
Probably 10s of millions.

Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book
My favorite part of the Bible is where Brigham Young wrestled with the bear and fell out of the Salt Lake Temple window into the Great Salt Lake.

• Banned

Christianization is the conversion of individuals to Christianity or the .... The Christianization of the Roman Empire is typically divided into two phases, ... As Christianity spread, many of the ancient pagan temples were defiled, .... Franks, Christianized the Saxons by way of warfare and law upon conquest by the sword.

Last edited:
Matt;

My favorite part of the Bible is where Brigham Young wrestled with the bear and fell out of the Salt Lake Temple window into the Great Salt Lake.
my favorite verse is the last one......"look out for the grizzled one called guno,you will know why when he appears".....

He is a very happy guy. He achieved his goal, and His Father is well pleased with Him. So how many did that cranky Jew slay with that sword, again?
You mean how many people were murdered in the angry guy's name throughout the 1st millennia AD?

No, this is about the christian jesus, or so the OP says.

Sounded a lot like Moses:

26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the Levites then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

Matt;

That was not a bear and it was one of his wives that did not shave her legs that year and did not bath either...

Matt;

Reading comprehension alttle hard for you?

26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the Levites then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

Once again Penelope, The Idiot reads a few select verses out of context.
No surprise.

No, this is about the christian jesus, or so the OP says.

What other kind of Jesus is there?
The RCC fake "Jesus of Love"?

No surprise.

I think its clear in the context its in.

Matt;

Jesus was speaking about
Matt;

Jesus was speaking about ones--spiritual enemies--not physical enemies.
There were wild animals to be concerned about--thus the sword.
Jesus clearly taught--love, peace, unity, return evil for evil to no one, turn the other cheek, vengeance is mine said the Lord
Matt;

Jesus spoke about spiritual enemies. not physical enemies.
The sword was for wild animals--
Ones family members would never be physical enemies if one had love for them. But they would be spiritual enemies if they wouldn't accept Gods will.
Jesus taught--love,peace,unity--he would not contradict himself.

No surprise.

I think its clear in the context its in.
You read it out of context.
Explain the context.

Matt;

Jesus was speaking about
Matt;

Jesus was speaking about ones--spiritual enemies--not physical enemies.
There were wild animals to be concerned about--thus the sword.
Jesus clearly taught--love, peace, unity, return evil for evil to no one, turn the other cheek, vengeance is mine said the Lord
Matt;

Jesus taught--love,peace,unity

He did not.

Constantine was not even a Christian. He continued to worship pagan gods, although it is rumored he converted on his death bed.

Christ said that his kingdom was not of this world, something Christians learned the hard way as Constantine used them up like a rubber for his own political vices.

Conversion? My Enemy's Enemy is My Friend

In Constantine's day, the eastern provinces were by far the richest and most populous of the Roman world. Some of its cities – Pergamon, Symrna, Antioch and so on – had existed for almost a millennium and had accumulated vast wealth from international trade and venerated cult centres. Through its numerous cities passed Roman gold going east in exchange for imports from Persia, India and Arabia. Flowing west with those exotic imports came exotic 'mystery religions' to titillate and enthrall Roman appetites.

In contrast, the western provinces now ruled by Constantine were more recently colonized and less developed. Its cities were small 'new towns', its hinterland still barbarian. During the crisis decades of the 3rd century many provincial Romans in the west had been carried off into slavery by Germanic raiders and their cities burned. The province of Britain and part of northern Gaul had actually seceded from the empire in the late third century – and had been ruled by its own 'emperors' (Carausius, Allectus) with the help of Frankish mercenaries (286-297).

Constantine had no power-base in the east from which to mount a bid for the throne – but he had been at Nicomedia in 303 when Diocletian had decided to purge the Roman state of the disloyal Christian element. He had also served under Galerius on the Danube and witnessed at first-hand how the favoured Galerius – designated heir and rival – in particular despised the cult of Christ.

The ambitious and ruthless prince, from his base in Trier, immediately proclaimed himself 'protector of the Christians.' But it was not the handful of Jesus worshippers in the west that Constantine had in mind – there had not, after all, been any persecution in the west – but the far more numerous congregation in the east. They constituted a tiny minority within the total population (perhaps as few as 2%) but the eastern Christians were an organised force of fanatics, in many cities holding important positions in state administration. Some held posts even within the imperial entourage.

By championing the cause of the Christians Constantine put himself at the head of a 'fifth column' in the east, of a state within a state.

Forum List

Back