So the christian jesus was all about peace ?

Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:36
He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book

Jesus was speaking about
Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book

Jesus was speaking about ones--spiritual enemies--not physical enemies.
There were wild animals to be concerned about--thus the sword.
Jesus clearly taught--love, peace, unity, return evil for evil to no one, turn the other cheek, vengeance is mine said the Lord
Matt;

Jesus taught--love,peace,unity

He did not.

Every religion on the face of the planet, except maybe Judaism for obvious reasons, views Jesus as a man of God.

Virtually no other person can make this claim.

Matt;

Jesus was speaking about
Matt;

Jesus clearly taught--love, peace, unity, return evil for evil to no one, turn the other cheek, vengeance is mine said the Lord
Matt;

He did not.

Every religion on the face of the planet, except maybe Judaism for obvious reasons, views Jesus as a man of God.

And Jews are very proud of that fact.

Matt;

Jesus was speaking about
Matt;

Matt;

He did not.

So what you are saying is you are proud that they crucified him?

Ovey, some things never change I suppose.

You mean how many people were murdered in the angry guy's name throughout the 1st millennia AD?
Probably 10s of millions.
So you agree 1) that Muhammad and Islam is responsible for all the deaths done by Muslims. That we're at war with all of them and 2) Martin Luther King is responsible for all the violence done in his name.

Matt;

Jesus was speaking about
Matt;

Matt;

He did not.

Not only did Jews have NOTHING to do with his death, they had nothing to do with him during or after his lifetime.
He made ZERO impact.

You mean how many people were murdered in the angry guy's name throughout the 1st millennia AD?
So you agree 1) that Muhammad and Islam is responsible for all the deaths done by Muslims. That we're at war with all of them and 2) Martin Luther King is responsible for all the violence done in his name.

Are you inebriated?

Sounded a lot like Moses:

26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the Levites then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

Once again Penelope, The Idiot reads a few select verses out of context.
No surprise.

I think its clear in the context its in.
You read it out of context.
Explain the context.

The story is your either going to be for us and our god or die. Follow our laws or die. Its fairly self explanatory.

Last edited:

Are you inebriated?
No. Are you fucked in the head? On drugs? Are you an asshole? Oh, wait. Lemme guess. You're an atheist who not only thinks he knows everything but looks down on anyone who has spiritual views. Is that it?

Not only did Jews have NOTHING to do with his death, they had nothing to do with him during or after his lifetime.
He made ZERO impact.
That shows an amazing amount of ignorance on your part. I'm guessing it's willful ignorance.

How old are you? Twentysomething? How old is your girlfriend Gyno?

Jesus was speaking about

He did not.

He made ZERO impact.

I see, so you completely discount the Biblical account?

I suppose you think the Romans did it all by themselves.

Matt;

In other words guno We each get the justice we give. If you wage war ppl respond by clobbering you first. If you live by justice with mercy then you receive the same.

Thus guno two sides to the sword.

You live by the sword you die by it.

You pound your swords into plowshares, then as fishers of men and farmers of fields we can feed the world.

Retributive Justice and death,
Or Restorative Justice and life.
Pick your path.

He is a very happy guy. He achieved his goal, and His Father is well pleased with Him. So how many did that cranky Jew slay with that sword, again?
Dear Indeependent
Do you know how many Native Americans and Africans suffered generational genocide by people who founded America by the Constitution?

When equal justice is enforced correctly by the Constitution then this Injustice has to be corrected not repeated! Same with the Bible:

When Restorative Justice is embodied by the Bible, then the wrongs and wars caused by Retributive Justice have to be corrected not repeated.

See the common pattern? Both church and state get corrupted and violate their own laws! Then the NT is correcting this abuse by using the laws consistently.

Dont tell me that guno will get this before you do! Should I put my money on guno ?

And similar to the 2 OP verses..
Thomas Verse 16 "Perhaps people think that I have come to bring peace to theworld. They do not know that I have come to bring conflict to the earth: fire, sword, war. For five people will be in a house: It will be three against two, and two against three, father against son, and son against father, and they will stand. Jesus would be on the no fly list if he made those comments on facebook. [ :p

So, what's the body count? How many did Christ slay with his sword?

According to my calculations, one third of mankind.

I have not come to bring peace but a sword.

From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations. revelation 19:15

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them. Jeremiah 25:15

Take this cup of wine and drink it. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant.

Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink.

Apparently, according to Jeremiah, the sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

:wine:

Bottoms up!

Last edited:
Matt;

How would the meek inherit the Earth without a bit of revolution.

I am dubious of your calculations. Blaming the Bible or Koran for the actions of man is like blaming the rifle for Omar's rampage last week.

I am not blaming the bible for anything. I showed that Jesus deliberately cursed 'the nations', as Jeremiah 25:15 clearly identifies "the sword" as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

One third of mankind 'slain by the sword' matches perfectly the number of Christians worldwide.

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 49:26

Last edited:
Sounded a lot like Moses:

26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the Levites then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

Once again Penelope, The Idiot reads a few select verses out of context.
No surprise.

I think its clear in the context its in.
You read it out of context.
Explain the context.

Penelope cannot write a cogent sentence in English and you expect her to EXPLAIN (in English) the meaning of Hebrew verses poorly translated and using the symbolism of the Hebrew of some 3000 years ago?

Matt;

How would the meek inherit the Earth without a bit of revolution.

meek is an English approximation of the Hebrew 'anavah' It does not mean weak,
pathetic victim

I am dubious of your calculations. Blaming the Bible or Koran for the actions of man is like blaming the rifle for Omar's rampage last week.

I am not blaming the bible for anything. I showed that Jesus deliberately cursed 'the nations', as Jeremiah 25:15 clearly identifies "the sword" as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

One third of mankind 'slain by the sword' matches perfectly the number of Christians worldwide.

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all mankind will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 49:26
Dude, you are blaming the Bible. What's more, you are cherry-picking. Fine. Your choice to believe and interpret the Bible just like everyone else.

My point was that human beings determine how a tool is used be that tool a hammer or a book. You've just proved my point by declaring that Jesus said kill a third of humanity. You are no different than any other extremist, religious or otherwise, who chooses information to fit their world view.

Forum List

Back