So much for Biden's "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The 5.2-megawatt solar panel farm consisted of 14,000 solar panels. On June 23, in 2023.
13,650 panels were destroyed by softball-sized hail coming down in winds of 100 to 150 miles per hour

According to GCube Insurance Services, over 70% of solar losses in the last ten years have occurred since 2017.
Below is the hail damage to The solar project, which began producing power for Texas's energy grid in 2022, generates 350 megawatts across 3,300 acres of land and is expected to power 62,000 homes.
One resident, Nick Kaminski, said that he was worried about chemicals potentially leaking into the groundwater, which his house uses as its water supply.

But this idiot President Biden told Americans that "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019,

The 5.2-megawatt solar panel farm consisted of 14,000 solar panels. On June 23, in 2023.
13,650 panels were destroyed by softball-sized hail coming down in winds of 100 to 150 miles per hour

According to GCube Insurance Services, over 70% of solar losses in the last ten years have occurred since 2017.
Below is the hail damage to The solar project, which began producing power for Texas's energy grid in 2022, generates 350 megawatts across 3,300 acres of land and is expected to power 62,000 homes.
One resident, Nick Kaminski, said that he was worried about chemicals potentially leaking into the groundwater, which his house uses as its water supply.

But this idiot President Biden told Americans that "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019,

Yes. I understand your point. Obviously the thousands of car damaged in that unusually severe storm event, proves automobiles cannot be trusted or stand up to severe storms, and the good people of that state, will most likely go back to walking and riding horses for transportation into the future, along with constructing and opening coal power electric production plants to replace the short term loss of the fractured individual solar panels. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Our society has become stupid..... frozen windmills... broken solar panels... windmills at sea 300 ft tall....
what kinds of fools are we listening to?....

A local farm that grew Christmas trees sold to a solar company and they cut all the trees down and filled the area up with solar panels... a lot of people lost their jobs and I just have to laugh when I drive by and see a half inch thick layer of dust and dirt on the panels...

Yes. I understand your point. Obviously the thousands of car damaged in that unusually severe storm event, proves automobiles cannot be trusted or stand up to severe storms, and the good people of that state, will most likely go back to walking and riding horses for transportation into the future, along with constructing and opening coal power electric production plants to replace the short term loss of the fractured individual solar panels. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Theres a place for solar, but making it a reliable alternative to fossil fuel is a long way off. Bidens dream of cutting back carbon emmissions by 2030 in half... would send the cost of energy through the roof because of shortages. Of course the rich and well to do will be ok with that. They can handle higher food prices and the prices of everything else that will go up And those people will have back up generators etc...The poor and middle class though will be the ones to take a really hard hit here as usual.
What makes the economy run is CHEAP and RELIABLE energy. One of Bidens biggest failures is to recognize that coming out of Covid, we were and still are in the state of economic emergency because of extended shutdowns. He wanted to kickstart our economy? then priority should not have been to make everything more costly. People cant even afford the electric cars Biden wants them so badly to buy. Its basically like the down payment on the house that they cant buy because of high interest rates.
People and businesses need a break somewhere. Cheap energy is the place to do it because it effects every other part of the economy.

Keep in mind also that only about 2% of solar panels are produced here in the U.S. This means theres probably a substantial wait time for replacements... its a good thing those solar panels were probably not really depended on.

Theres a place for solar, but making it a reliable alternative to fossil fuel is a long way off. Bidens dream of cutting back carbon emmissions by 2030 in half... would send the cost of energy through the roof because of shortages. Of course the rich and well to do will be ok with that. They can handle higher food prices and the prices of everything else that will go up And those people will have back up generators etc...The poor and middle class though will be the ones to take a really hard hit here as usual.
What makes the economy run is CHEAP and RELIABLE energy. One of Bidens biggest failures is to recognize that coming out of Covid, we were and still are in the state of economic emergency because of extended shutdowns. He wanted to kickstart our economy? then priority should not have been to make everything more costly. People cant even afford the electric cars Biden wants them so badly to buy. Its basically like the down payment on the house that they cant buy because of high interest rates.
People and businesses need a break somewhere. Cheap energy is the place to do it because it effects every other part of the economy.

Keep in mind also that only about 2% of solar panels are produced here in the U.S. This means theres probably a substantial wait time for replacements... its a good thing those solar panels were probably not really depended on.
Who ever thought it was an alternative? Part of the replacement, yes, the alternative NO.
Nuclear power generation is the long term replacement.

Who ever thought it was an alternative? Part of the replacement, yes, the alternative NO.
Sure. Good luck with that one. CA and WA both had numerous nuclear generation stations--San Onofre and Rancho Seco in CA and Hanford in WA to name a few. They have all been ripped out with the attendant gargantuan clean up bills that saddle the taxpayers decades later. CA has only one left, Diablo Canyon and it is not long for this world.

Sure. Good luck with that one. CA and WA both had numerous nuclear generation stations--San Onofre and Rancho Seco in CA and Hanford in WA to name a few. They have all been ripped out with the attendant gargantuan clean up bills that saddle the taxpayers decades later. CA has only one left, Diablo Canyon and it is not long for this world.
You are correct. Then we reduced the investment in nuclear reactors. The most modern now is much more efficient and the fuel used much more. Face the facts. The real reality. Our comfortable life is dependent on the easiest route to attain it. Spending trillions of dollars over 40 years on solar technology is not that productive. We tried. Real hard. And it only got many bankruptcies and those on top enriched becoming multi-millionaires. The solar panel should have been reduced by a factor of thousand. They lied. They stole our wealth. Just like the whole global climate change scam.

A local farm that grew Christmas trees sold to a solar company and they cut all the trees down and filled the area up with solar panels... a lot of people lost their jobs and I just have to laugh when I drive by and see a half inch thick layer of dust and dirt on the panels...
Obliterate the environment, yeah that sounds like Democrats. Have you looked at the Dem cities? The environment is gone, it was a BLOODBATH!

Columbus, Neb. – The Scottsbluff Community Solar facility that was damaged in a June 2023 hailstorm has been repaired, re-commissioned, and returned to operation, with the damaged solar panels removed from the site to be recycled.

Natural disasters effects all sectors of energy production.

“Hurricanes Katrina and Rita destroyed 109 oil platforms and five drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.”Jul 12, 2007

Furthermore, human disasters like the Horizon explosion are not a concern for solar farms. Refineries have explosions and spills as well.

Dems should spend the climate money on fixing their environment killing cities. Did you know that Dem cities have repeatedly spilled hundreds of millions of gallons of raw nasty sewage into rivers and oceans? So fouling them with their filth that swimming had to be banned less people die from disease.

Dems broke ass sewer systems wrecking the environment and the dare lecture us? I don't think so.

I recently was informed that for every EV sold the manufacturer takes a 6k loss.

That's not sustainable. The grid can't handle it either.

Well that would be rational and nice but I didnt hear any of that in Bidens speech recently and I dont think I recall him EVER saying he plans on building nuclear reactors. It would also be a great way to bring jobs to Americans but as of now most of the money is flowing to China.

Nuclear energy is the obvious compromise

but greenies have been brainwashed to be against that also

A lot of cars got damaged too. Are we going back to horses? The panels will be built back better, because those conditions were highly unusual and the result was a hiccup, NOT a reversal.

I recently was informed that for every EV sold the manufacturer takes a 6k loss.

That's not sustainable. The grid can't handle it either.
But but but...the climate. Stupid Dem policies do nothing but jack up the cost of everything hurting the poor and working class, they don't care. CRAM IT THROUGH right Dems you assholes!

A lot of cars got damaged too. Are we going back to horses? The panels will be built back better, because those conditions were highly unusual and the result was a hiccup, NOT a reversal.
As long as Progs do not want them in their areas we know the truth.

Forum List

Back