Remember: Biden's guarantee: "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels"

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Biden "guaranteed"!
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

And to make that guarantee Biden's Environmental Protection Agency distributing nearly $1 billion in these electric school bus grants last year, it was raining money. In October, the Biden Administration awarded $395,000 to Wrangell for the purchase of the electric bus, intended to expedite the transition to zero-emission vehicles and foster “cleaner air in schools and neighboring communities.
Here’s the rub: Most students in this Alaska town can walk to school or catch a ride with an older sibling or parent who works at the school. Wrangell, with its 2,100 souls and only about 25 miles of road, has a school system serving 263 students and two school buses. And there are no neighboring communities in Wrangell, unless you get on a ferry or a plane.
As for the clean air aspect, Wrangell boasts some of the cleanest air in America. It’s situated in the middle of the nation’s largest national forest, the Tongass, which is the size of Virginia yet has a population of only 70,000 across its numerous islands and archipelagos. Between the millions of carbon-capturing trees and millions of acres of carbon-absorbing ocean, Wrangell is in a rainforest that is already on hydro power. It’s not belching much of anything into the air, which is swept clean by ocean breezes.

By the way this EV bus will average 2.15 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per mile for the electric buses,
So as I've pointed out several times the generation of electricity will be the biggest problem.
For example: if all the school buses Nationally, 26 million children in the U.S. take 480,000 buses to and from school each day.
School buses travel about 12,000 miles per year per bus or almost 6 billion cumulative miles per year.
Total kWh needed per year if all school buses are EVs: 12,384,000,000 kWh or 0.3% of total.
4,165,030,000,000 kWh is generated by 11,070 power plants.
Total kWh needed per year for Semi Trucks at 63,000 miles/year X 4 million semi-trucks are on roads 252 billion miles at 1.89 kWh/mile, or 476,280,000,000 kWh/year.
Between school buses and semi trucks a total of nearly 1/2 trillion kWh or 11% MORE kWh needed.
So where is the Environmental Protection Agency with regards the needs of nearly 1,300 NEW electric generating plants
if all buses and semi trucks are EVs. How totally grossly ignorant!

The Climate Cult is not rational or reasonable.
They don't plan ahead.
They just Virtue Preen.

climatekjahadhakjkadh.jpg

The demise of Fossil Fuels is just a matter of time
Not “if” but “when”

We Will all be better off

Neither you nor I will be alive to see it
I remember when 40 percent of adults smoked, now it is down to 10 percent.
Some is through bans on smoking, some by the pressures of society.

I think the same will happen with fossil fuels.
We will just gradually move away from them.

Well duh .. if fossil fuels are finite resource, that's inevitable. It's not like some epiphany. The problem democrats have is .. how to transition with the lack of technology -- especially with democrats pushing this as a priority and wanting to do it tomorrow? How to handle all those fossil fuel jobs where democrats have spooked the industry to hold back on investments.

So just curious, how much do you think your tires(300 million barrels used to make 2 billion tires in a year) will cost and construction of asphalt roads cost 94% of all roads are asphalt which uses 1.5 billion barrels of oil, when fossil fuels are gone?
As well as the rest of these products?

golfproductsfromoil.png

products-madefrom-oil.png

So just curious, how much do you think your tires(300 million barrels used to make 2 billion tires in a year) will cost and construction of asphalt roads cost 94% of all roads are asphalt which uses 1.5 billion barrels of oil, when fossil fuels are gone?
As well as the rest of these products?

View attachment 794436
View attachment 794434
Of course there will be other uses for fossil fuels. The Petro Chemical industry will still function

However, use as a fuel, for heating, for generating electricity will be greatly diminished.
Every little bit helps

Well duh .. if fossil fuels are finite resource, that's inevitable. It's not like some epiphany. The problem democrats have is .. how to transition with the lack of technology -- especially with democrats pushing this as a priority and wanting to do it tomorrow? How to handle all those fossil fuel jobs where democrats have spooked the industry to hold back on investments.
Regarding "spooked".. here is a perfect example:
Because of this dumb ass comment, national gas prices were 241% higher under Biden who encouraged gas companies raise prices because Biden guaranteed to put them out of business!

Because Biden's war against fossil fuels, what the CEO of Chevron,Mike Wirth said, is representative of fossil fuel executives, banks, shareholders and ultimately gas stations that RAISED their prices while they can!

You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’

Of course there will be other uses for fossil fuels. The Petro Chemical industry will still function

However, use as a fuel, for heating, for generating electricity will be greatly diminished.
And will those prices be the same? Of course not!
Plus you and your ilk completely and totally oblivious to a simple fact:
EV vehicles will cause dramatic increase in electricity demand!
And our current production by the current 11,070 power plants will be totally overwhelmed as I've point out about buses and semi trucks. Cars, other trucks and buses will all demand over 7,018,963,320,000 kWh from a system that produces today
4,165,030,000,000 kWh. Who will pay for that?
Direct Air Capture(DAC) that would cost $100 a ton to remove 100% of the CO2 in 2020, U.S. greenhouse gas emissions totaled 6,600,000,000 tons (13.2 trillion pounds) of carbon dioxide equivalents.Mar 24, 2023 or total cost of $660,000,000,000 to remove ALL of USA CO2 emissions.

But the $57,122,383,272,149 for 7,616 new electric generating plants is over 80 times more than the $660,000,000,000 using DAC to remove ALL USA CO2.

The stone age didn't end because they ran out of stones.
Zaki Yamani

Automakers see the handwriting on the wall.
The future is not in Internal combustion

Every major automaker has EV options, nobody is investing in R&D for internal combustion.
The market is shifting

Regarding "spooked".. here is a perfect example:
Because of this dumb ass comment, national gas prices were 241% higher under Biden who encouraged gas companies raise prices because Biden guaranteed to put them out of business!

Because Biden's war against fossil fuels, what the CEO of Chevron,Mike Wirth said, is representative of fossil fuel executives, banks, shareholders and ultimately gas stations that RAISED their prices while they can!

You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’
Biden has spooked fossil fuel development .. what company would invest in infrastructure when Biden has created an environment of uncertainty? How will Biden respond to this transitionary period between his spooking the industry and providing a solution? Or will he just be gone by then and someone else with leadership skills will bridge the gap?

In this sense, Biden is an arrogantly bombastic fool that says outlandish crap to try to pump up his political standing. He cares nothing about the repercussions of his ridiculous statements and is apparently oblivious to his public image, even within his own party.

Won’t diminished demand for oil increase supply?
Gas makes up less than 46% of the barrel of oil.. per gallon products are actually higher. And so if fossil fuels demand
for gas diminished, other product costs will increase due to production reduction. Refining of gas is very expensive. So
refineries will as the CEO of Chevron said..
their prices while they can!
You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”
So demand will far out strip supply! Again with 300 million barrels needed to make 2 billion tires and 95% of roads are made from asphalt that uses 1.4 billion barrels a year... hey the oil companies will be happy! Raise prices on everything, don't build any more refineries! You are encouraging that behavior! PLUS in addition where will the Nearly 7 Trillion additional kWh come from with each current plant generating 376 billion kWh per year that means there will be
another 18,655 power plants needed to be built @ a cost of $2,000/kWh or $14,037,926,640,000,000--$14 quadrillion!
Where will that come from?
products-madefrom-oil.png

Forum List

Back