Should Women Be Pastors Of The Church?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was having a conversation with Golfing Gator about this how it's against the Bible for women to be pastors. I say that it's only because at that time women weren't allowed to do much of anything so that's why God had made it a law. I'm really curious to hear other thoughts and opinions about this because my pastor is a woman and I think she is amazing. :D (And pretty funny too. XD)

Well, apparently, he changed the one about eating Cheeseburgers and driving your car on Sabbath.

I think you're mixing that up with pork but other than that yes you are correct,.. but the only reason He changed it is because of the times. We don't practice stoning people to death for their crimes anymore either because that's not how we execute people today.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
It says NOTHING about women being Pastors, Priests, or Preachers.

As the bible does, in its own stupidity, it GENERICALLY makes a statement without reference to anything or anyone, and does not even bother with examples.

This is why there are SO many nutjobs out there using the bible as a gateway for criminal and inhumane activities.

I was having a conversation with Golfing Gator about this how it's against the Bible for women to be pastors. I say that it's only because at that time women weren't allowed to do much of anything so that's why God had made it a law. I'm really curious to hear other thoughts and opinions about this because my pastor is a woman and I think she is amazing. :D (And pretty funny too. XD)
Ever since women got the right to vote our country has been going to shit. They rely too much on their emotions and not their brains.
Women in the Army for the most part were practically useless.
I feel if a woman can use common-sense then they can do many jobs that men do....but I don't believe in picking someone because of their sex or their race......and that's how we end up with women who are only there to patronize other women.

No, but I think that's the one people piece together as meaning that women should not preach.

It says a woman shall not teach and have power over any man.

Pastors, Priests, Preachers, or whatever aren't claiming power over anyone, unless they are corrupt.
And they don't teach anything that their congregations don't already know.

So it's really a "no brainer".

Timothy 2:12.

English Standard Version
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

Hundreds of pages have been written on this chapter, with almost as many interpretations, proving this to be one of the least understood and most contested passages of all time. In spite of the lack of consensus and obvious translation difficulties, many Christians continue to cite portions of 1 Timothy 2 as the foundation for their belief in male-only leadership in the church.

The Greek word Paul used for “authority” in this passage (authentein) is so unusual compared to his other references to authority that he could not possibly have been talking about normative church leadership structures. It is disappointing that even though the most recent credible scholarship confirms that in Paul’s time authentein referred to an abuse of authority, some prominent complementarian scholars refuse to correct publications that were written before this came to light.

With rare exceptions, no one teaches that women should be silent or quiet in church. I say rare, because last year at a national conference for Christian counselors my daughter talked with a woman who said in her church women sit in the back and must raise their hand to get permission from a man to speak! And with rare exceptions, no one holds that women are saved in childbearing. (verse 15)

There is no command from God here, and no suggestion that Paul was establishing church policy for all time. There is no mention of this in the rest of Paul’s writings, or anywhere else in the Bible for that matter. You don’t have to dig very far to understand why this suggestion was made; it’s evident in Paul’s discussion of false teaching in chapter one.

God does not trust women in positions of authority

Ever since women got the right to vote our country has been going to shit. They rely too much on their emotions and not their brains.
Women in the Army for the most part were practically useless.
I feel if a woman can use common-sense then they can do many jobs that men do....but I don't believe in picking someone because of their sex or their race......and that's how we end up with women who are only there to patronize other women.

Being a woman I actually agree with you. Either get the job done right or don't do it at all. Same with picking somebody just because they're gay or transgender. *Cough!* Biden *Cough!*

Forum List

Back