Should carrying a firearm become mandatory?

No it doesn't.
I mean it provides far more protection than the masks we are mandated to wear for protection.
Having a firearm increases your chance of dying from gunfire.
Being a CRIMINAL in possession of a firearm does.

You assholes always seem to leave off the important part.

as soon as you include accidental deaths and suicides you're clearly less safe with a gun than without

Our violence rate is way too low to justify owning a gun in most fo the country.

If you live in a poor part of Chicago or some other major urban center that is basically a warzone.....Then maybe it becomes rational. Still probably not going to make you any safer tho.

From a stastical analysis yes the AVERAGE person is no doubt safer without a gun than with one.

No it doesn't.
I mean it provides far more protection than the masks we are mandated to wear for protection.

as soon as you include accidental deaths and suicides you're clearly less safe with a gun than without

Our violence rate is way too low to justify owning a gun in most fo the country.

If you live in a poor part of Chicago or some other major urban center that is basically a warzone.....Then maybe it becomes rational
The great thing about rights are you don't need to justify exercising them.

Ridiculous idea! Making carrying a firearm mandatory would violate people's sincerely held beliefs, and it would violate their right to freedom. Even worse for conservatives, it would result in women, LGBTQs, people of color, and Muslims all carrying, so these groups would not be so vulnerable to attack.
Exactly.

Americans of color in particular need to be armed to defend against the violent, hateful right.

Americans of color in particular need to be armed to defend against the violent, hateful right.

The majority of murders of 'Americans of color', are performed by 'Americans of color'.

are you claiming those committing those crimes are members of the right?

His name is clayton and he has a picture of the bill of rights in his avatar...

whoooshhhhhhhhhhhhh

No it doesn't.

If you live in a poor part of Chicago or some other major urban center that is basically a warzone.....Then maybe it becomes rational
The great thing about rights are you don't need to justify exercising them.

It in no way follows that I think they should be taken away. Gun owners take all the risk of keeping elites scared of us?

But he seems to be confused about the statistical realities of safety and gun ownership. They will not make you safer on average.

Yes surprise your suburban little girl who you treat like a princess is not some disciplined little child soldier who won't accidentally shoot herself or some one else. Your family is probably not safer for having a gun in the house. You're in a catch 22 where you need easy access but that same access increases the threat level. *shrug*

Can't even trust the average suburban american kid at a gun range much less with 24/7 access. Going to be very few scenarios where a gun can keep you safe. Infinite where gun ownership can end up hurting you.

If I am correct you are not allow to own one because of your past, so the answer is no you may not own one and if you do not want to wear a damn mask then do not but if you contact Covid and fall sick or give it to your family then it is your fault and no one else!
Every free man should be able to own and carry arms.

Not if they committed a violent crime felony and you know this Mike and even in Texas there are restrictions...
Why is a violent criminal allowed to roam the streets where he/she can get access to a firearm?

Either felons have served their time and are free to re-join society, or they are not.

That goes for voting rights too.

If a felon is released and completed all parole requirements that felon should have all rights restored.

And when they kill someone you will be the one asked why you believe in such stupid shit!

Many times Progressives release assholes that should never be released and the only reason why you support the stupid idea of giving those idiots their rights back is because the OP’er is a Trump supporting voter!

Let it be someone that voted for Biden and I bet you and Mike would change your opinion quickly!
No Bruce, my opinion has always been that way, based on the fact that violent criminals should not be released from prison ever.

Ridiculous idea! Making carrying a firearm mandatory would violate people's sincerely held beliefs, and it would violate their right to freedom. Even worse for conservatives, it would result in women, LGBTQs, people of color, and Muslims all carrying, so these groups would not be so vulnerable to attack.
Exactly.

Many of them are, and in doing so are commiting a felony for being a felon is possession of a firearm. Yeah, just look at all them white folks shootin them jigaboos in Chitown. Liar.

The mask doesn't protect anyone

You or anyone else
The singer in one of my bands is a nurse. She takes care of Covid patients every day.
The way I see it, i can take your word (masks don't help) or hers, a trained medical professionals.
I'll take hers.

ALL of my local mayors and city councils. Not that it matters as in certain situations I would wear it anyways. Like my current job. I am working for a LIBERAL black couple with teenage daughters. Both parents work all day but the girls are home so no matter what I have worn the mask when doing anything around their home. Not because I fear anything but because I respect the fact that others might.

But that isn't the point now is it?

The mask isn’t for YOUR protection.

You or anyone else
Who told you that? A doctor or a 'pundit'?

I like you and everyone else have access to medical journals. Also yes i'm related to a handful of doctors and i also am related to people in bio tech and big pharma...

There is no good peer reviewed science that says cloth/surgical masks work, which is why Fauci said don't buy them. If it does anything, its not enough to justify the risk of infection because breathing through dirty masks all day isn't a great idea.

True protection would require a 1 micron filter for near 100% protection with a body suit. Most of these things we use are so porous it's pure security theater with no scientific backing.

You'd have to literally change basic philosophy on western medical science to believe masks are effective at doing anything but giving you a lung infection. Had generations to test the efficacy of cloth/surgical masks on containing aerosol viruses that are literally 1 micron in diameter. THe data does not exist, and people can't run anything approaching a proper study with controls during this hysteria so we will not have any reason to change our minds on this any time soon.

WHy people find this so shocking I have no idea.

Do you really think the studies on masks are so complicated you can't understand them?

You or anyone else

I like you and everyone else have access to medical journals. Also yes i'm related to a handful of doctors and i also am related to people in bio tech and big pharma...

There is no good peer reviewed science that says cloth/surgical masks work, which is why Fauci said don't buy them. If it does anything, its not enough to justify the risk of infection because breathing through dirty masks all day isn't a great idea.

True protection would require a 1 micron filter for near 100% protection with a body suit. Most of these things we use are so porous it's pure security theater with no scientific backing.

You'd have to literally change basic philosophy on western medical science to believe masks are effective at doing anything but giving you a lung infection. Had generations to test the efficacy of cloth/surgical masks on containing aerosol viruses that are literally 1 micron in diameter. THe data does not exist, and people can't run anything approaching a proper study with controls during this hysteria so we will not have any reason to change our minds on this any time soon.

Do you really think the studies on masks are so complicated you can't understand them?
I understand masks won't block individual viruses. But I understand those viruses are borne on water droplets expelled by br athing and masks reduce the dosage of droplets expelled by breathing.

You or anyone else

I understand masks won't block individual viruses. But I understand those viruses are borne on water droplets expelled by br athing and masks reduce the dosage of droplets expelled by breathing.
Another crock of bullshit that was debunked by Fauci himself several times BEFORE he recanted for political reasons.

You or anyone else

By an infinitesimal amount no one who has ever studied the subject in a cogent manner has ever found relevant.

It's like pouring water through a tennis net according to the studies pre corona, irrelevant

Not sopping up a spilled glass with a towel

That is to prevent your doctor from spitting food on you or worse in a wound....If they didn't want to catch what you have the modern solution involves a lotta plastic and a very very very fine filter.

Do you really want everyone to pack heat and no one to protect others by wearing a mask?

Death wish much?

So every booger eatin' moron, every drunk, every jilted girlfriend and every hot head in America has a gun at hand, yet masks are a bad idea?

How were you brought up?

Just because you can't control yourself doesn't mean everyone else is an emotional cripple, like you.

Do you really want everyone to pack heat and no one to protect others by wearing a mask?

Death wish much?

So every booger eatin' moron, every drunk, every jilted girlfriend and every hot head in America has a gun at hand, yet masks are a bad idea?

How were you brought up?

I was brought up by the GOVERNMENT.

How you like government raising kids now?

And I'm DEAD SERIOUS. From 7 to 20 I was a ward of the state.

Now what?

Forum List

Back