Sheriff Tells A&E They Aren't Welcome In His County In Georgia Where They Film Show

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Looks like this is the first volley fired at A&E that is filming a show in his county and had been using his facilities. This is just the beginning of things to come hopefully against the network or its cowardly suspension of the Duck Commander.

In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome

In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome - Douglas County Sentinel: Local News

The suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by the A&E Network after making controversial remarks in GQ magazine regarding homosexuality has been called a business decision. But now Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller is making a business decision of his own.

Miller announced on his personal Facebook page Friday night that A&E would no longer be welcomed to film or produce any of its programs or series with the help of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office or its facilities.

"A&E has suspended Phil Robertson for talking about his conservative Christian beliefs," Miller wrote." None of us are without sin and I am not judging anyone. I am sure A&E made what they believe is a good business decision. Many people who disagree with A&E might choose to remain silent and there was a time when I might have done the same, but no longer. In my mind the punishment is unreasonable.

"I know it will not matter to A&E, but it will make me feel better. A&E has produced more than a half dozen programs with the assistance of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. They will not do any more with my assistance while I am sheriff. It is time for someone other than Hollywood and the news media to stand up for what is right!"

Miller said that was the netwok's prerogative, but he said he had to do what he thought was right to show how he feels.

"I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut too," Miller said in a phone interview Friday night. "But they are punishing a man for being honest and answering a question that he was asked. When he answered and gave his understanding, pulling from his Christian beliefs, this happens. It's not right and I had to say something about it.

"I don't hate anybody and you can ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you the same thing. But where we are in this country now, where you are punished for simply saying what your understanding of your Christian beliefs are is just too much for me."

Over the years A&E has filmed several shows centered here including most recently "Beyond Scared Straight," which featured the M.A.C.E. program sponsored by the DCSO.

Last edited:
Rotsa ruck with that, Sheriff.

Shoulda met with a lawyer first. Oops.

Looks like the price is going up for A&E. They either have to pay for another place or get a free place elsewhere.

Looks like the price is going up for A&E. They either have to pay for another place or get a free place elsewhere.

I doubt a sheriff has the say on what a business can do in his county; that's not what sheriffs do. Anyway the article said that the producers of whatever show films there sometimes gets assistance from the sheriff's office and that he wouldn't be providing it any more. Basically a publicity stunt.

Will New Mexico do the same? Longmire takes place in Wyoming but it's filmed in New Mexico.

Looks like this is the first volley fired at A&E that is filming a show in his county and had been using his facilities. This is just the beginning of things to come hopefully against the network or its cowardly suspension of the Duck Commander.

The Duck Commander... I love it!
I really gotta start watching this show.

Everybody runs scared and runs for cover whenever the blacks or now gays get their little panties
twisted.Maybe things start to change after this.People who aren't black or gay are entitled to have
opinions and beliefs.If we don't go out waving the gay banner every day we have no worth in this society?

In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome

In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome - Douglas County Sentinel: Local News

The suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by the A&E Network after making controversial remarks in GQ magazine regarding homosexuality has been called a business decision. But now Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller is making a business decision of his own.

Miller announced on his personal Facebook page Friday night that A&E would no longer be welcomed to film or produce any of its programs or series with the help of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office or its facilities.

"A&E has suspended Phil Robertson for talking about his conservative Christian beliefs," Miller wrote." None of us are without sin and I am not judging anyone. I am sure A&E made what they believe is a good business decision. Many people who disagree with A&E might choose to remain silent and there was a time when I might have done the same, but no longer. In my mind the punishment is unreasonable.

"I know it will not matter to A&E, but it will make me feel better. A&E has produced more than a half dozen programs with the assistance of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. They will not do any more with my assistance while I am sheriff. It is time for someone other than Hollywood and the news media to stand up for what is right!"

Miller said that was the netwok's prerogative, but he said he had to do what he thought was right to show how he feels.

"I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut too," Miller said in a phone interview Friday night. "But they are punishing a man for being honest and answering a question that he was asked. When he answered and gave his understanding, pulling from his Christian beliefs, this happens. It's not right and I had to say something about it.

"I don't hate anybody and you can ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you the same thing. But where we are in this country now, where you are punished for simply saying what your understanding of your Christian beliefs are is just too much for me."

Over the years A&E has filmed several shows centered here including most recently "Beyond Scared Straight," which featured the M.A.C.E. program sponsored by the DCSO.

Worth mentioning Sheriff Miller's a Tea Partier and Sheriff's are elected positions. Good article here about their budget woes that puts his 'standing on principles' in better light.

Public to get its say on county?s 2014 budget - Douglas County Sentinel: Local News

You actually believe at this point A&E are going to get into a legal/public fight with a sheriffs department over where they can film and when they can legally demand the sheriff's department must use their limited resources to act as 'flag men' and security while A&E films a 'reality' show.
You're delusional.

Sitting here, totally unimpressed by everybody on this issue. Never watched the 'Duck' show, never will. What is to be learned there? So a redneck states his opinions concerning homosexuality. Who cares? They are what they are, and it little matters. A southern sheriff from a podunk rural county makes what is essentially a campaign speech to impress the local rednecks. So what? He will win re-election, then go back to collecting from the pot and meth operations in his county.

Sitting here, totally unimpressed by everybody on this issue. Never watched the 'Duck' show, never will. What is to be learned there? So a redneck states his opinions concerning homosexuality. Who cares? They are what they are, and it little matters. A southern sheriff from a podunk rural county makes what is essentially a campaign speech to impress the local rednecks. So what? He will win re-election, then go back to collecting from the pot and meth operations in his county.
I think your comments are more accurately addressed to those who got their panties bunched up about his comments, gays and lesbians. I'm sure they have boards.

I'm sure having A&E filming in his county put money in businesses that may resent what the sheriff has done.

Sure, the Sheriff might get re-elected by playing up his "I stood up for our values" nonsense. Or he might lose when a few businesses make a fuss about how much money they lost because of his stunt.

I doubt Phil will worry. Millionaires typically don't.

To all you Libtards - The sheriff simply said he wasn't going to let his deputies help the production company any more. That means they need to get private security or pay locals more money.

He knows they aren't going anywhere else.

I doubt a sheriff has the say on what a business can do in his county; that's not what sheriffs do. Anyway the article said that the producers of whatever show films there sometimes gets assistance from the sheriff's office and that he wouldn't be providing it any more. Basically a publicity stunt.

he was talking about SUPPORT not permission.

If A&E wants to make show without SUPPORT of law enforcement - they might try it :lol:

I once pulled down a confederate flag in Cisco GA and pissed on it. Punk ass rednecks were scared to do anything about it. I bet thats where they film this show.

Pissed on your own ancestors memory, huh? The Forgotten Black Confederate Soldier

No. I pissed on that toilet paper worthy flag of the confederacy. Not one of my ancestors fought for the south. They all actively fought tooth and nail against the slave system. I come from a long line of people that have frequently slain rednecks and tossed them into the swamps of Mississippi for the gators to dispose of.

Sheriff Tells A&E They Aren't Welcome In His County In Georgia Where They Film Show

Whether he said it or meant it or not, doesn't matter.

Da Shur'f caint' inturfurh wid bidness.

Whether he said it or meant it or not, doesn't matter.

Da Shur'f caint' inturfurh wid bidness.

Da sheruff on da phone to A&E:

barney-fife-nip-it.jpg

Forum List

Back