Phil Robertson on Cancel Culture: ‘They Hate People Who Love God’

My point was that Christianity does not hate people because they are gay. The church doesnt push people out of their congregation because they have homosexual urges any more than they hate or push people who have other sinful urges. The Church's refusal to accept the gay lifestyle as not sinful is what draws the claim that the Church "hates" gay people.
BS.

Sure, individual Churches can certainly do whatever they want. Doesn't mean they are abiding by the word of God. And was this person doing evil in the name of God? That's what taking the Lord's name in vain means. Not saying "God Dammit" like most people think.
Interesting.....who are YOU to say what churches are right or wrong?

Look Im not saying you should just randomly walk up to a gay couple in a restaurant and tell them they are sinful, unrepentant heathens who are going to burn in hell for eternity. But if a gay couple showed up at my church I would expect the Pastor or one of the other leaders to have a conversation with them at some point. They are obviously seeking the truth and it does them or me any good to lie to them. You don't have to be a jerk, but the truth is the truth.
Would it be the same con-versation that your Pastor would have for those who eat shellfish?

Sin is sin and ahould be purged from the fellowship. Paul's formula for church discipline is not to ostracized or reject the sinful individuals, but bring them to repentance and restoration.
Who would be in the Church?

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Written by Paul.

Was not Saul a sinner?

Odin-300x293.jpg

That doesn't have anything to do with taking the Lord's name in vain. The church should have dealt with that guy. Do you think they shouldn't have?
Nope the church should not deal with that guy. Judgement is for the Lord not the church. The churches job is to spread the word not to sit in judgement nor to be gods police.

Forum List

Back