Phil Robertson on Cancel Culture: ‘They Hate People Who Love God’

You are misreading those verses brother.

God sits in ultimate judgement of everyone's actions but that doesn't mean we cant tell someone when they are doing wrong. In fact we have an obligation to do so.

1 Corinthians 5:11-13
11But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister [a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. 12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”
There's a process to follow when a brother is caught in sin, before expelling him.

Is that why the Godly cancel gays from their flock?
Holy shit. Phil just got CANCELLED!

Cancel culture or call-out culture is a contemporary phrase used to refer to a form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person.[1] Those subject to this ostracism are said to have been "cancelled".[2][a][5] The expression "cancel culture" has mostly negative connotations and is used in debates on free speech and censorship.[6][7]

Phil Mickelson won't play in the Masters for the 1st time in 28 years after controversy over a rival golf league. Three-time Masters champion Phil Mickelson, out of public view since his inflammatory remarks about the Saudi-funded rival league and the PGA Tour, has decided not to play at Augusta National this year.

Did he decide or did they decide for him?

I am not religious. My grandma never made me go with her to church she just wanted me to be a decent and moral person more so than a Christian person.

But I do believe God is being made less and less a part of our country because at it's core God is about being a good, decent, law abiding and moral person. It encourages community and doing the right thing. And our society doesn't want that anymore.

There is a correlation between lack of god in America and the rise of evils. There is more to it than just that but it certainly is a part of it.

Religion historically also has been a way to help keep the weak willed and weak minded in check and we're seeing a rise in them and a rise in them being unruly as well. As God drifts away we see more immoral scumbags coming out.

I am not religious. My grandma never made me go with her to church she just wanted me to be a decent and moral person more so than a Christian person.

But I do believe God is being made less and less a part of our country because at it's core God is about being a good, decent, law abiding and moral person. It encourages community and doing the right thing. And our society doesn't want that anymore.

There is a correlation between lack of god in America and the rise of evils. There is more to it than just that but it certainly is a part of it.

Religion historically also has been a way to help keep the weak willed and weak minded in check and we're seeing a rise in them and a rise in them being unruly as well. As God drifts away we see more immoral scumbags coming out.

To note.......when we supposedly had more God in this country we also had slavery.

We had times where people had to live in squalid shacks.

What others do plays no role in what I do.

Oh bullshit. I just couldn't read anymore. You think atheist parents don't want their kids to grow up just like themselves? Good, decent, law abiding and moral citizens?

Do you really give God that much credit? I don't. In fact I think Christianity give Christians a way around being nice. Doesn't matter. Just as long as you believe in the Jesus story, you're in. You're going to heaven. Where does it say in the bible I have to be nice? How about if I just keep my opinions to myself? What if I'm just NOT MEAN? Isn't that enough? And what laws are we breaking?

Religion has nothing to do with laws. Religion is controlling you where the law can't. Don't even think about fucking your neighbors wife. Don't lie.

But if you do, it's ok. You believe in the Jesus story right? Then you're good.

To note.......when we supposedly had more God in this country we also had slavery.

We had times where people had to live in squalid shacks.

What others do plays no role in what I do.
And white Christians then were a lot more racist than Atheists today.

I want to challenge you on this one. We know that there is a connection between denying science and American Religions. Because in Europe Christians don't deny evolution and global warming. So we see a connection between politics in America and American religions.

I think a lot of Chistians lynched blacks and burned down churches back then. And I'm sure anyone evil today isn't probably a practicing Christian but I wouldn't say the answer is to force us all to teach our kids a lie to solve that problem.

I think most EVIL that's happening in America is probably more due to bad parenting. Don't blame it on atheism. If those people forced their kids to go to school, who knows if that would change anything. Maybe it would. Better at church on Sunday than running with trouble makers. But still, religion is just one activity you could pick to make sure your kids don't turn out "evil". And I'm sorry but if I don't believe, how can I go to church? Just because it's good for my kids? Should I tell them I don't really believe or just keep it to myself? LOL

Oh bullshit. I just couldn't read anymore. You think atheist parents don't want their kids to grow up just like themselves? Good, decent, law abiding and moral citizens?

Do you really give God that much credit? I don't. In fact I think Christianity give Christians a way around being nice. Doesn't matter. Just as long as you believe in the Jesus story, you're in. You're going to heaven. Where does it say in the bible I have to be nice? How about if I just keep my opinions to myself? What if I'm just NOT MEAN? Isn't that enough? And what laws are we breaking?

Religion has nothing to do with laws. Religion is controlling you where the law can't. Don't even think about fucking your neighbors wife. Don't lie.

But if you do, it's ok. You believe in the Jesus story right? Then you're good.
You opened a very important door there. People who are not Christians and do not experience a relationship with God DO see it all as religion. Religion is dead, religion is a set of rules. That's not Christianity. Christianity is a relationship with a living God. Think of it this way, which marriage is likely to be more satisfying to both partners, last longer, and result in each person being the best partner they can be?

1. A marriage is which the husband or wife approaches the other on their wedding day and says, "Give me 10 rules to live by in our marriage. I'll try to figure out ways to avoid them, I will pretend to keep them while breaking as many as I think I can get away with breaking, I will spend as much time as possible away from you and will do what I want without regard to you as much as I can. But you have to call me your spouse and I demand all the benefits of being married to you".

-or-

2. A marriage in which neither asks about rules because he/she spends as much time as possible watching the other closely, finding out what he/she likes, what is important to them, what they don't like, then lives their lives around what makes their partner happy.

That's what Christians in relationship with God do. They read the Bible to see what God wants, but don't follow a rigid set of rules because they don't need them. Just like a husband who would never do anything to dishonor his wife, the Christian would not do anything to dishonor God. They make mistakes, as all humans do, but their heart is for God. Like I said, that's not religion, that's a relationship.

You opened a very important door there. People who are not Christians and do not experience a relationship with God DO see it all as religion. Religion is dead, religion is a set of rules. That's not Christianity. Christianity is a relationship with a living God. Think of it this way, which marriage is likely to be more satisfying to both partners, last longer, and result in each person being the best partner they can be?

1. A marriage is which the husband or wife approaches the other on their wedding day and says, "Give me 10 rules to live by in our marriage. I'll try to figure out ways to avoid them, I will pretend to keep them while breaking as many as I think I can get away with breaking, I will spend as much time as possible away from you and will do what I want without regard to you as much as I can. But you have to call me your spouse and I demand all the benefits of being married to you".

-or-

2. A marriage in which neither asks about rules because he/she spends as much time as possible watching the other closely, finding out what he/she likes, what is important to them, what they don't like, then lives their lives around what makes their partner happy.

That's what Christians in relationship with God do. They read the Bible to see what God wants, but don't follow a rigid set of rules because they don't need them. Just like a husband who would never do anything to dishonor his wife, the Christian would not do anything to dishonor God. They make mistakes, as all humans do, but their heart is for God. Like I said, that's not religion, that's a relationship.
Christianity says the husbands the boss right? Only men can be priests? You need to worry about women’s lib.

Christianity says the husbands the boss right? Only men can be priests? You need to worry about women’s lib.
Number one, I don't believe in priests because we don't need a human intermediary between us and God. Number two, no, husbands are not "the boss". They are the spiritual head of the household, but isn't it true that the wife usually runs the house, in almost every society? We believe that all are equal before God.

Forum List

Back