School Shootings and Veteran Suicide rates connected?

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
After debating a retired Military individual about Gun Violence I came across some startling information. That was that, returning soldiers had a startling rate of Violent Criminal convictions. I studied this a bit and was shocked at the connection that SSRI Antidepressants had with not only School Shootings (evidence shows that most school shooters were on this class of medication), but linked to the enormous increase in Veteran Suicides and their Violent Criminal behavior.

Is this the price of Freedom?

Source: Antidepressants Cause Suicide and Violence in Soldiers | HuffPost

From the Source:

"Here are the starting facts: Death by suicide is at record levels in the armed services. Simultaneously the use of antidepressant drugs is also at record levels, including brand names like Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa and Lexapro.

According to the army, in 2007 17% of combat troops in Afghanistan were taking prescription antidepressants or sleeping pills. Inside sources have given me an even bleaker picture: During Vietnam, a mere 1% our troops were taking prescribed psychiatric drugs. By contrast, in the past year one-third of marines in combat zones were taking psychiatric drugs.

Are the pills helping? The army confirms that since 2002 the number of suicide attempts has increased six-fold. And more than 128 soldiers killed themselves last year.

One theory states that the increased prescription of drugs is a response to increased depression among the soldiers. In reality, the use of psychiatric drugs escalates when, and only when, drug companies and their minions target new markets. In this case, the armed services have been pushing drugs as a cheap alternative to taking genuine care of the young men and women in our military. Instead of shortening tours of duty, instead of temporarily removing stressed-out soldiers from combat zones, and instead of providing counseling—the new army policy is to drug the troops.

There are many excellent therapeutic and educational programs for helping soldiers and veterans deal with war-related stresses. I recently addressed a national conference on stress in the military where I learned more about these approaches. I talked with many military officers and healthcare providers who want human services to replace the increasing prescription of psychiatric drugs. Some observed that the drugs often change the personality of the soldiers, making them irritable, edgy, and angry. They fear these drugs many unleash impulsive violence. Meanwhile, because many soldiers don’t want to take psychiatric medications, they avoid seeking any kind of help.

It’s worth re-emphasizing that used of antidepressants is based more on myth than on science. Here are some proven facts totally at odds with medical propaganda:

First, there is no evidence that antidepressants prevent suicide and a great deal of evidence that they cause it.

Second, antidepressants almost never cure depression and instead they frequently worsen depression."

The absurd notion that a "common sense gun control" law being passed will stop the tragic events of the past two decades in nonsense as long as "The Price of Freedom" is allowing Big Pharma to continue creating the Monsters in the first place!

The silence from the left is deafening

Guess it's true, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The left, so hell bent on gun control, when confronted with the fact that their other Enemy "Big Pharma" appears to be creating the monsters that actually do the school shootings, go quite. Guess Big Pharma are their good buddies as long as they can now point their fingers at the NRA.

Why am I not surprised?

Bullshit. People take anti-depressants because it makes them less depressed. If they didn't help they wouldn't take them.
You confuse cause and effect.

Bullshit. People take anti-depressants because it makes them less depressed. If they didn't help they wouldn't take them.

Read the link. Go ahead and put your head in the sand.

You could care less that Big Pharma is responsible for our Warriors suicides, as long as you get to howl at the moon about the NRA.

It's been happening for awhile now. Americans will take anything that keeps them from feeling anything but happiness. They can no longer tolerate the slightest disappointment, denial of instant gratification. They cannot be frustrated in any way. Avoiding all feelings but joy and satisfaction is the reason for taking the pills in the first place. The drug companies and doctors are only answering a monumental call to "make the world go away". Stop prescribing the pills will not make the feelings go away. They will just lead to even more suicide and violence.

Children need to learn, early on how to deal with failure. They need to have their self esteem attacked on a daily basis because that is the only way they will develop the tools later in life to cope with the time when everything doesn't go their way.

It's been happening for awhile now. Americans will take anything that keeps them from feeling anything but happiness. They can no longer tolerate the slightest disappointment, denial of instant gratification. They cannot be frustrated in any way. Avoiding all feelings but joy and satisfaction is the reason for taking the pills in the first place. The drug companies and doctors are only answering a monumental call to "make the world go away". Stop prescribing the pills will not make the feelings go away. They will just lead to even more suicide and violence.

Children need to learn, early on how to deal with failure. They need to have their self esteem attacked on a daily basis because that is the only way they will develop the tools later in life to cope with the time when everything doesn't go their way.

As I've posted before, to the left "the cost of Freedom" is creating Monsters that kill or allowing our vets to die from suicide.

Why. It's actually pretty simple.

In allowing our children to become Monsters by the use of Antidepressants, they get the pleasure of pointing to the NRA as the cause, and who hate the Military more than the Left? Our Vets are just sacrificial lambs on the March toward repression.

Take a thousand parents, their children are depressed and anxious. They worry about being liked, they worry about passing tests that they cannot fail anyway. They have been told that they are exceptional all their lives. They are special and now have sneaking suspicions that they aren't. You take your precious to the doctor and the doctor says "Suck it up buttercup. The world ain't fair. Get used to it." That's what you get, no pills, no prescriptions and guess what, Big Pharma is not getting a dime of your money.

It is a nasty and ugly truth that no doctor is sneaking into your house writing prescriptions. Big Pharma is not on the street grabbing healthy people and shoving pills down their throat. The only reason why doctors and pharmaceuticals are blamed is because people are STILL not accepting responsibility for their own lives. No one is making anyone take medications. No one ties them up and holds them down.

You could care less that Big Pharma is responsible for our Warriors suicides, as long as you get to howl at the moon about the NRA.

More bullshit. I fought in Vietnam and have PTSD issues. I was an Army medic and licensed nurse who worked in military and civilian hospitals all over this country and a few other ones. Including military and civilian psychiatric units. Present some actual evidence or STFU. I read the link and no proof there either. Nothing is more left wing than HuffPost.

The left, so hell bent on gun control, when confronted with the fact that their other Enemy "Big Pharma" appears to be creating the monsters that actually do the school shootings, go quite. Guess Big Pharma are their good buddies as long as they can now point their fingers at the NRA.

Why am I not surprised?

They know this, every time a shooting happens, I bring this up.

They don't care.

They want the nation disarmed, facts don't matter.

EVERY SINGLE MASS SHOOTING THAT HAPPENS, EVERY SINGLE TIME, I POST THIS VIDEO.

Just look how old this video is. It's not like intelligent folks haven't known this forever.

You have to ask, have Americans become to soft for life?
The Yellow Yell, and Sissies Listen to Them

After some horrible experiences in combat, I have no respect for PTSD crybabies. The Viet Cong had it far worse than even we did; if there was any truth to the vets' phony breakdowns, there'd be nutcase mass-killings over there every week.

More bullshit. I fought in Vietnam and have PTSD issues. I was an Army medic and licensed nurse who worked in military and civilian hospitals all over this country and a few other ones. Including military and civilian psychiatric units. Present some actual evidence or STFU. I read the link and no proof there either. Nothing is more left wing than HuffPost.

You'd prefer Right Wing?, cuz when I show the same studies, only reported by Right Wing Press, the left gets bent out of shape.

Ever wonder why the rate of veteran suicides have increased so much more than the years after Vietnam?

Watchdog Says Psychotropic Drug Link to Military and Veteran Suicides Warrants Federal Probe | Markets Insider

This one right wing enough?

Why am I not surprised?
A-Run, Run, Run, Run, Runaway

Nobody has to take escapist drugs, even if prescribed by some bribed Mama's Boy doctor. "Victims" better grow up.

Why am I not surprised?
A-Run, Run, Run, Run, Runaway

Nobody has to take escapist drugs, even if prescribed by some bribed Mama's Boy doctor. "Victims" better grow up.

Agreed, but when Mom and Dad says no car for you Son, unless you take your Meds, YOU TAKE YOUR MEDS!

Too Much Pride to Take Being Treated Like Garbage Personally

I didn't do anything special to prepare for combat. It was mind over matter, not character, that protected me.

After some horrible experiences in combat, I have no respect for PTSD crybabies. The Viet Cong had it far worse than even we did; if there was any truth to the vets' phony breakdowns, there'd be nutcase mass-killings over there every week.

I have a theory which has kept me away from doctors for almost 30 years.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with you until a doctor tells you there is.

Why am I not surprised?

They know this, every time a shooting happens, I bring this up.

They don't care.

They want the nation disarmed, facts don't matter.

EVERY SINGLE MASS SHOOTING THAT HAPPENS, EVERY SINGLE TIME, I POST THIS VIDEO.

Just look how old this video is. It's not like intelligent folks haven't known this forever.

You were ahead of the curve then. Lets hope we can get away from the childish behavior and actually help our kids, make our schools safer and get this information out to the Veterans that need our help.

And you have just lost any respect this "PTSD crybaby" might have had for you. Chairforce?

Forum List

Back