Ron Paul's Iowa State Director Dedicated His Career to Fighting 'Evil' Gay Rights

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Ron Paul's Iowa State Director Dedicated His Career to Fighting 'Evil' Gay Rights | Right Wing Watch

As Iowa State Director for the Ron Paul presidential campaign Mike Heath claims to have visited close to three hundred houses of worship on Paul’s behalf, more evidence of Heath’s rabidly anti-gay background while a Religious Right activist in Maine is coming to light. Before Maine’s marriage equality law was repealed, Heath contended that the legalization of same-sex marriage led to bad weather because “our elected officials overturned a law of nature, and in its place paid honor to evil and unnatural practices,” and Warren Throckmorton, who first uncovered that Paul was boasting about an endorsement from a pastor who advocates for the death penalty for gays and lesbians, notes that Heath was also the Board Chairman of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality, one of the most fringe and virulently anti-gay groups in the country.

In Maine, Heath urged the legislature to re-criminalize homosexuality, saying it would “be prudent to reinstate Maine’s anti-sodomy law,” and worked to overturn the state’s marriage equality law, declaring, “Homosexuality has absolutely nothing to do with marriage. Homosexuality is a sickness.”

In an interview with AFTAH president Peter LaBarbera last year, Heath said that homosexuality is not only “inconsistent with the Word of God but it’s inconsistent with biology and common sense,” and that “there is only one position on homosexuality and it’s the one that we take”:

Heath even claimed that gay rights is “evil” and “nutty,” writing that the “‘gay’ ideology is going to go the way of the Berlin wall” and pledging, “I want Maine to be the place where the ‘gay’ wall starts to crumble.”

For a guy who espouses his love of liberty, Ron Paul certainly chooses quite the character as his state director in Iowa.

I dont know of to many people who are not associated with a homosexual hater in one form or another. Does that mean we all have some deep personality flaw?

I dont know of to many people who are not associated with a homosexual hater in one form or another. Does that mean we all have some deep personality flaw?

If you are Republican Yes.

If you are a Democrat, hell you can hang out with Domestic Terrorists, and Listen to a Preacher tell you how Horrible White America is for 20 years, and nothing sticks.

So your defense of Ron Paul is that because everyone supposedly knows someone who hates homosexuals, it's okay?

Ron Paul chose someone who is intolerant to say the least as his state director in Iowa. This is by no means just an "association" as you want to paint it.

Issue of the day: Butt-sex.

YEUPPP... THAT SURE IS GONNA SWAY MY VOTE IN 2012.

Wars, chaos in the middle east, massive debt, economy crumbling, joblessness, homelessness.

Yet, I'm gonna vote on made up "sexual issues"?

My future kids need jobs. So...

Stop__Go_Back__Try_Again_by_regularjane.jpg

So your defense of Ron Paul is that because everyone supposedly knows someone who hates homosexuals, it's okay?

Ron Paul chose someone who is intolerant to say the least as his state director in Iowa. This is by no means just an "association" as you want to paint it.

Neither is viewing someone as a close personal friend and Father figure, spending 20 years in the front Pew of his Church and writing a book dedicated to him. Or referencing him in another book. But you all claimed Wright was unimportant.

Yes, it's ok... Ron Paul is not a Gay hater.

Did you vote for Obama? What did Obama's racist church think of gays?

Forum List

Back