Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

Libs are bashing Uganda for officially murdering homosexuals

That makes ugandans very dangerous people to allow into this country

And they lied about that story too.........the death penalty only applies to raping of a child........

Libs are bashing Uganda for officially murdering homosexuals

That makes ugandans very dangerous people to allow into this country
It makes the Ugandan government fucked up

It isn't his pastor......Desantis is a catholic, the guy at the innauguration is a baptist.....
Why do you say DeSantis is Catholic?

I always thought he was but then I hear about this pastor... non-Catholic

Why do you say DeSantis is Catholic?

I always thought he was but then I hear about this pastor... non-Catholic

The pastor was just someone the committee selected...it isn't his guy......he is, in fact, a catholic.......it was simply lazy journalism, and a hostile poster who lied about this being his pastor......

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

So, I guess you were against Obama then due to things his pastor said.

Obama’s Pastor said GODDAMN AMERICA and was buddies with Farrakhan,

I wonder if that bothered OP. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ask Louis what he thinks of gays.

Obama’s Pastor said GODDAMN AMERICA and was buddies with Farrakhan,

I wonder if that bothered OP. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ask Louis what he thinks of gays.

I'm a libertarian and I've never agreed with my pastors. I'm theologically liberal and went to left wing churches that offended me with their politics, and right wing churches who did the same over socon issues.

Pastors being in alignment with me didn't happen. It's a stupid insult, what his pastor or anyone else he knows thinks. This is just a petty gotcha game from the left

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

Using snippets from the Bible to 'proof text' is almost always a wrong way to use the Bible. It is necessary to consider the whole message of the Bible to get a better sense of what God intends/wants/expects of us.

Using snippets from Twitter or any other internet/media source as 'evidence' is almost always produces wrong conclusions and too often dishonest ones:

Ascol in a statement to USA TODAY said "I appreciate the thought response that Senator Cruz gave to me on Twitter."
"First, he asks, 'Do you really believe that the US govt should execute every person who is gay?' My answer is simply, 'No,'" the pastor wrote in an email to USA TODAY. "Then he asks, 'Should the govt execute every child who’s disrespectful to his parents?' My answer is again, 'No.'"

Thread locked for a moment while I do some cleanup of off-topic trolling on subject or person other than the OP thread topic of:

Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”​

Thread will reopen shortly.

Thread locked for a moment while I do some cleanup of off-topic trolling on subject or person other than the OP thread topic of:

Thread will reopen shortly.
Deleted posts between two posters in Off-Topic food fight, posting or responding to off-topic.
Get back on Topic:
Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

Thread now open. Thank you for your cooperation.

Using snippets from the Bible to 'proof text' is almost always a wrong way to use the Bible. It is necessary to consider the whole message of the Bible to get a better sense of what God intends/wants/expects of us.

Using snippets from Twitter or any other internet/media source as 'evidence' is almost always produces wrong conclusions and too often dishonest ones:

Ascol in a statement to USA TODAY said "I appreciate the thought response that Senator Cruz gave to me on Twitter."
"First, he asks, 'Do you really believe that the US govt should execute every person who is gay?' My answer is simply, 'No,'" the pastor wrote in an email to USA TODAY. "Then he asks, 'Should the govt execute every child who’s disrespectful to his parents?' My answer is again, 'No.'"

Your news source and mine are different. Mine was published Friday June 2 and your source June 6.
The pastor meant what he said and if he is changing his tune, he has no spine and no business in a House of God.

Your news source and mine are different. Mine was published Friday June 2 and your source June 6.
The pastor meant what he said and if he is changing his tune, he has no spine and no business in a House of God.
My source quotes him directly and specifically related to the interpretation some have made from his Bible quotes. He has never said all gay people should be executed and he has never said all children who disobey their parents should be executed.

Are you saying all gay people should be executed?
Are you saying all children who disobey their parents should be executed?

I don't think you are saying that, but that conclusion could be conferred from the way you worded your post.

I support gay rights but grooming 8 year old kids ain't one of them. By insisting on their extreme grooming/trans manipulation agenda (I didn't even think about sex till I was 13, it was more about making my bike look cool) the activists have brought the hatred of the whole country on them. It's their own fault.

Is he a candidate for anything?

Yes it does. Muslim women had far more rights than European women and American women up to the 1950s.
Just because you say it doesnt make it true. Have you ever lived in Saudi Arabia? Where you can learn about the history of the tribes that were living there before WWII?

I support gay rights but grooming 8 year old kids ain't one of them. By insisting on their extreme grooming/trans manipulation agenda (I didn't even think about sex till I was 13, it was more about making my bike look cool) the activists have brought the hatred of the whole country on them. It's their own fault.
What about the straight males grooming? You gonna hate all of them too? Where is your outrage against them?

Forum List

Back