Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

FB_IMG_1687924332870.jpg

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

Where is the proof that desantis attends this church? First off, desantis is catholic, so I don’t know why he would be attending a baptist church.

Secondly, the governors mansion is in Tallahassee, Cape Coral is 5 1/2 hours away from Tallahassee. Somehow I don’t think desantis is making an 11 hour round trip. Even if he were to fly, that’s still several hours total.

Minorities are not citizens???
he said, not just gay citizens. illegals are not citizens...they have no rights. and while i'm at it. People who own no property should not be allowed to vote. You gotta have skin in the game. Maybe that's why the WEF and democrats want us to own nothing and be happy.

he said, not just gay citizens. illegals are not citizens...they have no rights. and while i'm at it. People who own no property should not be allowed to vote. You gotta have skin in the game. Maybe that's why the WEF and democrats want us to own nothing and be happy.
“People who own no property should not be allowed to vote”?

Wow

Just wow

Where is the proof that desantis attends this church? First off, desantis is catholic, so I don’t know why he would be attending a baptist church.

Secondly, the governors mansion is in Tallahassee, Cape Coral is 5 1/2 hours away from Tallahassee. Somehow I don’t think desantis is making an 11 hour round trip. Even if he were to fly, that’s still several hours total.
The left media can put out any bullshit they want and this bunch will pick it up, put it in a basket with whipped cream on it and run with it.

“People who own no property should not be allowed to vote”?

Wow

Just wow
you don't know how close you came to that buddy.

Alexis de Tocqueville said, "The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” - Benjamin Franklin

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." - John Adams

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters . . . . . but they mean to be masters." - Noah Webster (1758–1843)

"Give me control over a nation's currency, and I care not who makes its laws." - Baron Rothschild

* That pastor is presumably 100% straight.

* But more than one anti-gay religious leader has eventually been found in bed with another man.

* Those religious leaders and ordinary people who are so terrified of gay relations are often dealing with serious psychological issues, even if they themselves are unaware of it.

* But more than one anti-gay religious leader has eventually been found in bed with another man.

* Those religious leaders and ordinary people who are so terrified of gay relations are often dealing with serious psychological issues, even if they themselves are unaware of it.

I would disagree with you on this.

Just because a man is repulsed by the idea of his butthole being violated by another man, doesn't mean he has "psychological issues" at all.

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

Democrats voted Obama into office TWICE, so they do not care about what a candidates pastor says. Democrats arent holding DeSantos's pastor against him, are they? That would be crazy hypocritical if they were.

that is sooooooo old. Satan is always trying to get into the church, into church schools and political parties...he sure has been successful with the democrats. Killing the unborn, encouraging mentally ill children to cut off body parts, colluding with our enemies to advance depopulationism, destroying schools and families, and so much more.

Forum List

Back