Roman Catholicism: The One True Church?

I think Jesus would tell Christians today the same thing he told the Jews back then. You've all lost sight of the point. You're all hypocrites.

Funny, I remember Jesus telling Jews they were the salt of the earth, they were like a city on hillside that could not hide their light, that they were loved and worth a lot to God. I think that is what Jesus would sit down and say to you as well.

I think Jesus would tell Christians today the same thing he told the Jews back then. You've all lost sight of the point. You're all hypocrites.

Funny, I remember Jesus telling Jews they were the salt of the earth, they were like a city on hillside that could not hide their light, that they were loved and worth a lot to God. I think that is what Jesus would sit down and say to you as well.
Doesn't salt eat away whatever it touches? Isnt salt bad for you? Yes I agree we are the salt of the earth.

If being saved has nothing to do with doing good works, then what is the point of Christianity?

The point of being saved is that without being saved you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, Blackrook . You must be born again. Jesus said, You must be born again. I would like to ask you to watch the video of the former Catholic explaining the Doctrine of the Roman Church vs. the Doctrine of Jesus Christ and what happened to him upon becoming a born again believer. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If one could get to heaven by good works I would think there is no Catholic here more qualified than you for truly you have done many good things by what you have written about concerning your job, etc. My hearts desire is to see you receive Christ because I know this is the way to eternal life. I'm not guessing about this, Black Rook. This is something that I know.

On the difference between good works and Christianity?

Here is the example I'd like to give you:

The Good Works Believer - who believes their works will get them to heaven:

You are a businessman and have hired a servant to clean your mansion, attend to your paperwork in your office and keep your garden. Your job requires that you be away much of the time. Your hired servant does the work required 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and goes home each day promptly at 2 p.m. and takes off the other 2 days a week attending to their own projects, hobbies, interests.

You pay your servant the same pay every week and the servant is faithful in their job. One day you ask for her hand in marriage. She says no. You decide to sell your house and move away you find a different servant because this servant isn't prepared to leave the city she lives in. She is staying on with her friends, family and will find "another job."

Next scenario:

The Born again Believer who believes that by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and keeping his commandments they shall enter heaven:

You are a business man and have hired a servant to clean your mansion, attend to your paperwork in your office and keep your garden.
Your job requires that you be away much of the time. Your hired servant does the work required 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and goes home each day promptly at 2 p.m. and takes off the other 2 days a week attending to their own projects, hobbies, interests.

You pay your servant the same pay every week and the servant is faithful in their job. One day you ask for her hand in marriage. She says yes. She moves into your home and works continually - taking only one day off to spend entirely with you, does more efficient work then ever before and would be seriously offended if you offered her a pay check. Now everything you own is hers. You tell her that you desire to sell your home and move to another city. She agrees without any objections and goes wherever you desire to go. Now her labor is out of love and it is continual. There is no effort and everything she does for you is a joy including handling your complaint department and defending your good name! It's all a joy!

That is the life I have and that is the life the LORD wants every believer to have, Black Rook. It's a life where in Him, we live, we move and we have our being. It is the abundant life that Christ desires to give to every believer which is why he told the woman at the well the water he offered her - she would never thirst again.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8,9

We believe by Faith. Read Hebrews Chapter 11.

If being saved has nothing to do with doing good works, then what is the point of Christianity?

The point of being saved is that without being saved you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, Blackrook . You must be born again. Jesus said, You must be born again. I would like to ask you to watch the video of the former Catholic explaining the Doctrine of the Roman Church vs. the Doctrine of Jesus Christ and what happened to him upon becoming a born again believer. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If one could get to heaven by good works I would think there is no Catholic here more qualified than you for truly you have done many good things by what you have written about concerning your job, etc. My hearts desire is to see you receive Christ because I know this is the way to eternal life. I'm not guessing about this, Black Rook. This is something that I know.

You are a businessman and have hired a servant to clean your mansion, attend to your paperwork in your office and keep your garden. Your job requires that you be away much of the time. Your hired servant does the work required 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and goes home each day promptly at 2 p.m. and takes off the other 2 days a week attending to their own projects, hobbies, interests.

You pay your servant the same pay every week and the servant is faithful in their job. One day you ask for her hand in marriage. She says no. You decide to sell your house and move away you find a different servant because this servant isn't prepared to leave the city she lives in. She is staying on with her friends, family and will find "another job."

Next scenario:

The Born again Believer who believes that by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ and keeping his commandments they shall enter heaven:

You are a business man and have hired a servant to clean your mansion, attend to your paperwork in your office and keep your garden.
Your job requires that you be away much of the time. Your hired servant does the work required 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and goes home each day promptly at 2 p.m. and takes off the other 2 days a week attending to their own projects, hobbies, interests.

You pay your servant the same pay every week and the servant is faithful in their job. One day you ask for her hand in marriage. She says yes. She moves into your home and works continually - taking only one day off to spend entirely with you, does more efficient work then ever before and would be seriously offended if you offered her a pay check. Now everything you own is hers. You tell her that you desire to sell your home and move to another city. She agrees without any objections and goes wherever you desire to go. Now her labor is out of love and it is continual. There is no effort and everything she does for you is a joy including handling your complaint department and defending your good name! It's all a joy!

That is the life I have and that is the life the LORD wants every believer to have, Black Rook. It's a life where in Him, we live, we move and we have our being. It is the abundant life that Christ desires to give to every believer which is why he told the woman at the well the water he offered her - she would never thirst again.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

So she now has half his shit instead of working hourly for minimum wage? Would she have married him if he wasn't rich? Bible stories are so vague I harly know what the message is or what's the point or moral of your story?

Always wrap up with "the moral of the story".

And don't you see the hidden message in this story? Feed me bitch and don't complain.

Next scenario:

So God wants every woman to marry rich instead of work? Use your vagina ladies.

Next scenario:

So she now has half his shit instead of working hourly for minimum wage? Would she have married him if he wasn't rich? Bible stories are so vague I harly know what the message is or what's the point or moral of your story?

Always wrap up with "the moral of the story".

And don't you see the hidden message in this story? Feed me bitch and don't complain.

No, I do not see that at all, Sealybobo. The story / analogy was for Black Rook who was asking a question concerning works and being born again.

For you, this story shows the love of the Father for those who have lost their way and need to return to Him:

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.

26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.

27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.

28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.

29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:

30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Luke 15:11-32

King James Version (KJV)

Doesn't salt eat away whatever it touches? Isnt salt bad for you? Yes I agree we are the salt of the earth.

Salt is needed for life to exist, so no, it is not bad. Of course, over doing anything is not good. Not only does salt bring out flavor in food, in Jesus' day of no refrigeration, it was used widely as a preservative. It can also remove unwanted stains. We each bring flavor to the earth and our purpose is to keep our lives, and the lives around us, from rotting.

Later Jesus noted but if salt loses its saltiness, it is not good for anything but to be trampled under foot. Judging from your posts, sealybobo, you have a long way to go before you lose your saltiness! :wink:

The Good Works Believer - who believes their works will get them to heaven

Beginning with a wrong premise only takes one off course. I have never met a person or read a doctrine that teaches works will get them to heaven. Certainly, the slurs and accusations by other denominations have yet to cease, but even cursory study shows all doctrine teaches the afterlife is a gift--not something to be earned. In slurring Catholics, look at the accusation you make of yourself: "I have to be promised heaven before I'll do works out of love of Christ. I take care of me first." Catholics do not have to be promised a heavenly afterlife before they begin to follow Christ.

Discipleship is the largest portion of the Catholic faith. Jesus asked his disciples to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, teach, shelter the homeless, care of the sick--works Catholics are known for to this day, not because of any thought of heaven, because Catholics choose to follow the ways of Christ in this life.

Catholics do not view salvation as a heavenly afterlife. Salvation is viewed as a way of life that begins right here, right now and extends into the afterlife. In other words, it is just as much a type of existence as it is a place. Jesus is our beloved leader in this life as we journey through the life of salvation. As you see, Catholics do not regard salvation as a moment in time where people feel they are assured of a heavenly afterlife. Salvation is now and ever shall be--eternal--not merely a moment in time. You might possibly think of it as Catholics already at work in the Master's vineyard versus people who say they are assured of their place in the vineyard after they die.

Most animal wackos are vegans.

BTW, those are my two girls in my avie.

"Animal wackos" ... not directly understandable for me in my own language - means something like "human beings who love animals, what's a competly crazy thing".

"avie" - ... - I guess you are using this short cut instead of the word "avatar". As far as I can see you like to tell me that this ¿two dogs? are your girls. So this means you feel yourselve to be a kind of inter-species-ly dog-father. Now try to imagine you are god-father and somone kills your dogs - then you understand perhaps in a better way what I tried to speak about. To be "the crown" means to be responsible.

Last edited:
obviously not

Judaism wasn't near the first religion therefore it's false and since christians sprang from it, it's false.

you're perfect god can't go from "an eye for an eye...." to "turn the other cheek"

It fails the common sense check

It's got some good rules to live by though, just like any other religion.
I like The Mormons spin on Christianity. Jesus really did happen 2000 years ago but since then the religion has gone corrupt and has lost its way. How do they know this? Because God told Joseph Smith in 1800 to start a new

All religions are man made and the stories have been told by men. Just analyze this one:

5000 men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves. Then....and if this one doesn't pop your cork you're numb above the shoulders....12 baskets of leftovers were gathered. That story reminds me of when my children were very young. When something had happened and they had been caught, the stories they made up in an attempt to get out of any personal involvement were overkill. The 12 baskets of leftovers is so ridiculous only an idiot would make it up much less tell it to intelligent human beings:

John 6:1-14
6 Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. 3 Then Jesus went up on a mountain side and sat down with his disciples. 4 The Jewish Passover was near.

5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

7 Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”

8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 9 “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”

10 Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). 11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

14 After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.”

obviously not

Judaism wasn't near the first religion therefore it's false and since christians sprang from it, it's false.

you're perfect god can't go from "an eye for an eye...." to "turn the other cheek"

It fails the common sense check

It's got some good rules to live by though, just like any other religion.
I like The Mormons spin on Christianity. Jesus really did happen 2000 years ago but since then the religion has gone corrupt and has lost its way. How do they know this? Because God told Joseph Smith in 1800 to start a new

All religions are man made and the stories have been told by men. Just analyze this one:

5000 men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves. Then....and if this one doesn't pop your cork you're numb above the shoulders....12 baskets of leftovers were gathered. That story reminds me of when my children were very young. When something had happened and they had been caught, the stories they made up in an attempt to get out of any personal involvement were overkill. The 12 baskets of leftovers is so ridiculous only an idiot would make it up much less tell it to intelligent human beings:

John 6:1-14
6 Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. 3 Then Jesus went up on a mountain side and sat down with his disciples. 4 The Jewish Passover was near.

5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

7 Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”

8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 9 “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”

10 Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). 11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

14 After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.”
The message behind this story is simple. 5000 saw him perform a miracle.

But this cult didn't build up around Jesus. 11 disciples went to Greece and told unintelligent Greeks these stories and they bought them. That doesn't mean we should.

What happens to the pagan who never heard of Jesus but does good works all his life?

he has no excuse. Don't you trust God to be fair?

If someone reads what's written there in the bible than everybody is only able to understand: No one has an excuse, because no one needs an excuse. Why do you speak about a subject where you don't have any light idea about? What's your real problem?

Last edited:

You know less than nothing very loud.
What happens to the pagan who never heard of Jesus but does good works all his life?

If someone reads what's written there in the bible than everybody is only able to understand: No one has an excuse, because no one needs an excuse. Why do you speak about a subject where you don't have any light idea about? What's your real problem?

no idea about? Buddy ive got decades and hours of study, born again Christian since 1997 and the HOLY SPIRIT is my teacher. How about you?

The Good Works Believer - who believes their works will get them to heaven

Beginning with a wrong premise only takes one off course. I have never met a person or read a doctrine that teaches works will get them to heaven. Certainly, the slurs and accusations by other denominations have yet to cease, but even cursory study shows all doctrine teaches the afterlife is a gift--not something to be earned. In slurring Catholics, look at the accusation you make of yourself: "I have to be promised heaven before I'll do works out of love of Christ. I take care of me first." Catholics do not have to be promised a heavenly afterlife before they begin to follow Christ.

Discipleship is the largest portion of the Catholic faith. Jesus asked his disciples to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, teach, shelter the homeless, care of the sick--works Catholics are known for to this day, not because of any thought of heaven, because Catholics choose to follow the ways of Christ in this life.

Catholics do not view salvation as a heavenly afterlife. Salvation is viewed as a way of life that begins right here, right now and extends into the afterlife. In other words, it is just as much a type of existence as it is a place. Jesus is our beloved leader in this life as we journey through the life of salvation. As you see, Catholics do not regard salvation as a moment in time where people feel they are assured of a heavenly afterlife. Salvation is now and ever shall be--eternal--not merely a moment in time. You might possibly think of it as Catholics already at work in the Master's vineyard versus people who say they are assured of their place in the vineyard after they die.

your typical "go to" response- that all non catholics are beginning with a wrong premise-lol. it is you and your beloved false church that twist scripture to support their seven sacraments, their catechism, their pedo priesthood, their power etc etc etc.. your eyes are blinded because you do not have the holy spirit. Protestants are not the enemy- satan is and the catholic church has been in bed with h im for hundreds of years.

There are millions of former catholics that feel the exact same way as millions of non catholics.

no idea about? Buddy ive got decades and hours of study, born again Christian since 1997 and the HOLY SPIRIT is my teacher. How about you?

You know very well on your own that you have absolutelly nothing to do with the christian religion. So why do you try to tell me nonsense?

Last edited:

Satan's my teacher

Satan's my teacher

I guess you are proud to say so - but this doesn't mean you are wrong. For sure illusions like intentional ignorance, arrogance and senseless aggressions are a big problem - not only in the english speaking world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back