Roman Catholicism: The One True Church?

King James ordered the interpreters to alter Biblical passages so that it would be more in line with Protestant doctrine.
It was not King James that decided to try to eliminate what they thought was a cruel God. Not understanding or even considering that these are spiritual hosts that people must learn to deal with and face off the New Testament writers left certain portions aside. Besides how big can one book be? The translators and authors wanted a book the size that anyone could actually get and read. You need to go back and study a lot more on the history of the writings before claiming expertise on the matter.

By Stephen Meehan

If grace is unmerited favor and is freely given by God, how can one then co-operate or work alongside with it to receive it? Co-operating with grace would nullify grace; it wouldn’t be freely received.

Their works for attaining salvation include: Going to weekly Mass; partaking of the sacraments; paying a penalty or penance for one’s sins (which denies the sufficiency of Christ’s death on the cross to cover all sins); and then finally spending time in a fictitious place called Purgatory, to purge away any leftover sins that Christ’s blood couldn’t cover, or not enough penance was performed.

Purgatory is just another means of denying the sufficiency of Christ’s atonement for our sins; it is the ultimate declaration that His agonizing crucifixion on a wooden cross—the plan of salvation that was established before the foundation of the world was laid, was not enough to pay the cost of all of our sins.

In other words, when Christ uttered those final words, “It is finished” signifying that He had satisfied the wrath of God against us for the sins we have committed and that all our sins were “paid in full.” Rome declares that no, it is not finished and the paying of penances and time spent in Purgatory is required. It is a rejection of what Christ accomplished.

great article.. please read the full one.
I believe we may need a Better Religions Bureau at the secular and temporal UN; for infidels, protestants, and renegades to established Religious authority.

Ummm....................hate to tell you Jeremiah, but Christianity IS a religion.

I'm not following a religion. I'm following Jesus Christ. I attend a church, I pray for my Pastor, my church, family, people on USMB, people I meet along the way, but my faith is in Jesus Christ. Not a denomination, not religion. Understood?

James 1:27 is the definition of Christ's religion

King James ordered the interpreters to alter Biblical passages so that it would be more in line with Protestant doctrine.

Actually that is not true, Blackrook. It is the Roman Catholic bible that is corrupt (and has been from the beginning) - please listen to this video for the history on why there is a concerted effort to lie about the purity of the King James Bible and the many strategies and schemes of the devil to replace it with these other versions. After listening to Gail Riplinger please share your thoughts with me. I'd be interested to know what you think.

It's the same Bible aside from the apocrypha. Which goes to show that we need to go to the Lord and not just the Bible to settle differences.

Meri is blinded by the rcc who teaches many false doctrines. The rcc has led more people astray than any other.

I've found that we are instructed to teach correct principles. Not just point out where others are wrong.

So you don't have to be a Catholic? It isn't the only way?

Christ commissioned his followers to proclaim the good news, not to threaten the world with damnation. The Catholic Church considers it spreading Christ's teachings a serious responsibility/commission that is expected of the Church and its members.

Here is where the line is drawn: God is not bound by human failure. Anyone the Church fails to reach or convert is entrusted to God's love and mercy. It is a situation of, "Here is what we were able to do, and we trust you, God, with our failures." The Catholic Church teaches that those of other faiths--or no faith--are not just in God's hands, but the loving hands of God.
How do you know God is real?

I asked Him.

Christ commissioned his followers to proclaim the good news, not to threaten the world with damnation. The Catholic Church considers it spreading Christ's teachings a serious responsibility/commission that is expected of the Church and its members.

Here is where the line is drawn: God is not bound by human failure. Anyone the Church fails to reach or convert is entrusted to God's love and mercy. It is a situation of, "Here is what we were able to do, and we trust you, God, with our failures." The Catholic Church teaches that those of other faiths--or no faith--are not just in God's hands, but the loving hands of God.

I asked Him.
That thought does not occur to many atheist and asking for help to understand does not occur to many who are saved yet in misery. Even if they do ask many ask in error or are impatient.

Yea - but even birds are our sisters and brothers, and oxes, and donkeys ... ask Saint Francis ... and from time to time someone on a Harley ... or even someone who looks not only like a pirate of the Caribbean ... and some are even on their way in his name ... everywhere ...

I understand. However, brothers and sisters in Christ, is seen as a closer relationship than one we have with birds, oxen, and donkeys. Believing we were made from the clay of the earth has us calling earth, "Mother Earth..." but the relationship we have with our parents is of a different quality.

What you say is not my world although I have the feeling to understand you. If I will open one day the door to heaven and there will be no animals - then I will close the door to heaven and try to find another door because my friends are not there. It's not a joke to call animals sisters and brothres - they are our sisters and brothers - physically - how the real scientific theory of evolution shows to everyone. And indeed it's much more nice to think to be a sister or brother of an innocent nice dolphin than to have to agree to be a sister or brother of a massmurderer like Anders Behring Breivick for example. The real beasts are not animals - we are the beasts and need to be sisters and brothers in Christ.

Last edited:
Yea - but even birds are our sisters and brothers, and oxes, and donkeys ... ask Saint Francis ... and from time to time someone on a Harley ... or even someone who looks not only like a pirate of the Caribbean ... and some are even on their way in his name ... everywhere ...

I understand. However, brothers and sisters in Christ, is seen as a closer relationship than one we have with birds, oxen, and donkeys. Believing we were made from the clay of the earth has us calling earth, "Mother Earth..." but the relationship we have with our parents is of a different quality.

What you say is not my world although I have the feeling to understand you. If I will open one day the door to heaven and there will be no animals - then I will close the door to heaven and try to find another door because my friends are not there. It's not a joke to call animals sisters and brothres - they are our sisters and brothers - physically - how the real scientific theory of evolution shows to everyone. And indeed it's much more nice to think to be a sister or brother of an innocent nice dolphin than to have to agree to be a sister or brother of a massmurderer like Anders Behring Breivick for example. The real beasts are not animals - we are the beasts and need to be sisters and brothers in Christ.

Calm down and have a nice hamburger, with bacon on it...

I asked Him.
That thought does not occur to many atheist and asking for help to understand does not occur to many who are saved yet in misery. Even if they do ask many ask in error or are impatient.
Maybe another decade and he would speak back. LOL.

Saved yet in misery? What the hell is that?

Calm down and have a nice hamburger, with bacon on it...

Strange.

The OP header title reminds me of this joke:
Gates of Heaven:
at the gates of heaven stood the gate keeper and a long line of people who had just passed away.
The first man a Baptist walks up to the gate keeper and the keeper tells him to walk down the hall to room 9 but to be very quiet walking past room 3,
the next man in line man a Jehovahs Witness walks up to the gate keeper and he tells him to walk down the hall to room 5 but be very careful and quiet walking past room 3.
The next man in line is Jewish and is told to go to room 8 but is also told to be very quiet passing room 3.
The Jewish man being curious and inquisitve asked the keeper of the gate:
" I understand the need for seperate rooms, but why do we have to be quiet passing room 3?"
The keeper replied: "oh that's where the Catholics are and they think they are the only ones here."

I asked Him.
Maybe another decade and he would speak back. LOL.

Saved yet in misery? What the hell is that?
People who believe yet fail to follow. Eating from the tree of life and then remaining in sin, falling away from truth or denying truth after accepting it.

People who believe yet fail to follow. Eating from the tree of life and then remaining in sin, falling away from truth or denying truth after accepting it.

So, i was raised in a hyper-Christian home, and actually believed it when I was young. I did the whole accept Jesus and baptism routine. Then I grew up and realized it was all nonsense.

So you're saying that I am in misery?

Please explain?

My god - just in the moment I heard in Mekka was a catastrophe and about 60 Pilgrims died there. God might help everyone - specially the families of the victims and the hurted people.

Forum List

Back