Roe overturned

Once again, what is this "both times" nonsense?

You know, it's really telling that you are trying to use Dred Scott as your benchmark. Dred Scott is universally panned as the WORST Supreme Court decision of all time. I can't even figure out what you're point is supposed to be? Are you saying that today's decision is just as bad as Dred Scott?
AGAIN, "the ones I don't like are bad! the ones I like are good!"

:rolleyes:

When a child does not have a legal father, the family court cannot issue any orders for child support or child custody. So, while a biological, unmarried father can voluntarily help support his child, he is under no legal obligation to. The mother cannot demand child support from him until paternity is established.

You are against abortion but every post you've made in this thread supports Roe.

Nope, not one single post I made supports RvW. you really should work on your reading skills

You are pro-2A yet every post you submit is anti gun.

I have never submitted an anti-gun post. Why are you so obsessed with me that you have to turn around and lie just to get my attention?

And a Court will order a paternity test based on that?

What happens if he just moves?
Do you really think court orders become invalid if someone simply moves? Have you been living in a cabin cut off from the rest of humanity all your life? You seem to have little knowledge of how society works.

gender isnt listed in the 14th. So good luck with that and Alito. LOL

But equal protection and a right to abortion is not decided because that was not the issue in Dobbs case, nor was it an issue in Roe or Casey that Dobbs overturned.

Article 14 is the embodiment of equal protection under law and is based in efforts to combat discrimination on the basis of gender and religion.
It was used for legal precedence and not constitutional concerns ... I didn't say the 14th Amendment.

They went as far as trying to nail down every angle one could approach an argument from.
It was important because they were making a distinction between a Defined Right, and a Liberty in a Nation of Ordered Liberty.

Do you really think court orders become invalid if someone simply moves? Have you been living in a cabin cut off from the rest of humanity all your life? You seem to have little knowledge of how society works.

No obligation.

Read it

They don't need to pack the court. They need to use this issue to win the next elections, then to impeach & remove the judges that voted to overturn Roe v. Wade. They all committed perjury during their nomination hearings.

The idea that judges can blatantly lie to the Senate during their hearings is reprehensible. They need to be impeached and removed from office. That should create enough vacancies to the Dems to load the court with liberal judges.
The dems do it all the time. They never say how they will rule on a judgement. And the dems never suprise you with a ruling. Atleast Republicans pick people like Roberts who do, name the last Dem nomiee that actually suprised you with a ruling on a major case?

And a Court will order a paternity test based on that?

What happens if he just moves?
Why would a woman ask for a test on a guy who she knows is NOT the father? She is trying to get child support.
If he moves, collection becomes difficult which is what I acknowledged.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The law in most states (even the Commie ones) recognizes that a fetus is a human because they have laws that if you murder a pregnant woman you are charged with two murders.

What else you got Moon Bat?
I never said a fetus is not human. So because they add on punishment to a criminal for the murder of a pregnant woman you think women shouldn't be able to choose an abortion?

No obligation.

Read it
From your link:

If a man was not married to the mother of the child, he has no obligation to pay support for the child, and has no legal right to custody or visitation with the child, unless he is legally named the father of the child, through an order of filiation or an acknowledgment of paternity.

Well Clarence just urged states to pass laws outlawing contraception so the Court can review that decision = Griswold.
That's just a lie on its face.

What you construed as his having "urged states to pass laws outlawing contraception so the Court can review that decision" is nothing more than his suggesting the court should decide one way or another if the issue is legislated and subsequently litigated to their level.

I can't find language anywhere in his opinion urging states to take one action or another.

Of course, you were always free to either move to Saudi Arabia or seek democratic changes to the laws of our country before this case. But instead, you're clapping for activist judges.
Actually I'd make the agreement that the activist judges made the original rolling in '73.

A responsible woman (and guy also) should use birth control or else refrain from doing it.

Until Thomas and the rest of the Right Wing of SCOTUS actually DO decide to go after contraception. (Remember, there was a time in US history not so long ago that an unmarried woman could not legally get contraception).

Now it's sounding like Thomas et al. might be interested in reviewing some other things after Roe.

Forum List

Back