Roe overturned

Both time?

You mean to tell me you read the history book twice, and you still don't know what you are talking about?

The Dred Scott case did not overturn an earlier precedent. Nor was it overturned itself by the court at a later time.

I'd suggest you read the history book a third time, but you might mistakenly think that Christ has returned.

It may not have been over turned by the court, but is was overturned by constitutional amendment, and both times it concerned individual liberties. Feel free to pursue an amendment to reinstate Roe.

Forced birth in a country with:

—No universal healthcare
—No universal childcare
—No paid family & medical leave
—One of the highest rates of maternal mortality among rich nations

This isn't about "life." It's about control.

It may not have been over turned by the court, but is was overturned by constitutional amendment, and both times it concerned individual liberties.

Once again, what is this "both times" nonsense?

You know, it's really telling that you are trying to use Dred Scott as your benchmark. Dred Scott is universally panned as the WORST Supreme Court decision of all time. I can't even figure out what you're point is supposed to be? Are you saying that today's decision is just as bad as Dred Scott?

Re child support laws
Incredibly weak - more accurately difficult to enforce.
Generally only apply to divorces - completely false.
Oh really? Maybe you can find stats where the unmarried father is forced to pay child support.

How do they actually PROVE who is the father?

It should be seen as an opportunity for the democrats to make headway into more state and local governments positions like they once had
You forget one thing. If it energizes Democrats to go vote, it will most certainly energize Republicans. I dare say it might even energize Republicans more given they will perceive victory on this issue. So, this is a wash politically for Democrats. Couple the new Republican enthusiasm over the ruling with their disdain over the economy and gas prices, and you have a recipe for disaster for Democrats.

Amazing... This has been posted many, many, times on here and many different supporting links.

Blacks are approximately 13 per cent of the population but have 35-ish (year by year differs slightly) per cent of abortions. Most Planned Parenthood clinics are in walking distance of black and brown neighborhoods. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a vocal racist who called for eugenics against black babies.

More black babies have been surgically aborted since 1973 to today than was the entire black American population in the United States in 1960.

And, none of this is needed if you'd just use your felon brain: if you quit killing babies, the population will rise. How can you not understand that?
You are way late. Stats provide by my neighbor and fellow board member TNHarley nearly 3 hours ago. You may have missed it, due to being caught up in the frey of current event.
It is still not a racial issue alone and never was.
Jeez. I actually have no felon brain. I still have copies of every SF86 ever submitted, every time there as a clearance upgrade (several) somebody wanted me to have, so I could do my job. I'm clean as a hounds tooth. My last check, not for clearance was by the Department of Homeland Security, along with all local and state agencies within the last few years for my Concealed Carry Permit, which a pass, like all other checks, no matter the year or agency.

Which are incredibly weak

They generally only apply to divorces
When I worked at the county jail a huge chunk of the men being held were there for non-payment of child support. Doesn’t seem weak to me.

And I don’t know what you’re talking about it generally only applying to divorces. Most CS payer’s baby-mommas are either ex-girlfriends or one-night-stand accidents.

Unwanted pregnancies have *massive* financial consequences for fathers as well as mothers.

Which is why men should take birth control in their own hands and just wear a condom.

. It should be seen as an opportunity for the democrats to make headway into more state and local governments positions like they once had.
They are so far out of the mainstream they no longer bother to field a candidate in most non-urban races.

They don't vote because there is no one for them to vote for.

Forced birth in a country with:

—No universal healthcare
—No universal childcare
—No paid family & medical leave
—One of the highest rates of maternal mortality among rich nations

This isn't about "life." It's about control.
Forced birth..............where is this at........Half the country doesn't ban abortion AT ALL.

A bus ride to one of half the states in the country will allow it.

You trying your LIES out early to practice for November.......lol

Once again, what is this "both times" nonsense?

You know, it's really telling that you are trying to use Dred Scott as your benchmark. Dred Scott is universally panned as the WORST Supreme Court decision of all time. I can't even figure out what you're point is supposed to be? Are you saying that today's decision is just as bad as Dred Scott?

You do know that Justice Taney was a Democrat, and the President he conspired with, also a Democrat.

The Democrats are, and have always been the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship.

You vote for the party of bullwhips and lynching, now running on anti-white racism????

Oklahoma cannot restrict travel. It violates Constitutional freedoms. Any attempt by any state to restrict travel would go VERY badly for the government proposing it.

You seem to be under the mistaken belief that the majority of the American people favour this decision. 80% of Americans think abortion is a right to some point. Even the most extreme anti-abortionists think that the woman shouldn't have carry a pregnancy that results from rape or incest, to term.

ACB is a member of a small radical Catholic sect and was completely unqualified to be a SC justice. Her church is currently under investigation for sexual abuse of women and it only has 1500 members. I don't think cult members make good court members.

I'm sure, you being a foreign commie and all, are unaware that religious tests for office are unconstitutional in the US. She's much more qualified than Kagan, who never served as a judge.

By "people" you mean WOMEN...because men are not affected by pregnancy in any real way

They addressed that in the decision when they indicated that abortion is not a gender issue ...
and doesn't fall under gender protections either, such as those listed in Article 14.

When I worked at the county jail a huge chunk of the men being held were there for non-payment of child support. Doesn’t seem weak to me.

And I don’t know what you’re talking about it generally only applying to divorces. Most CS payer’s baby-mommas are either ex-girlfriends or one-night-stand accidents.

Unwanted pregnancies have *massive* financial consequences for fathers as well as mothers.

Which is why men should take birth control in their own hands and just wear a condom.
Well Clarence just urged states to pass laws outlawing contraception so the Court can review that decision = Griswold.

Horse shit.
Most CS payer’s baby-mommas are either ex-girlfriends or one-night-stand accidents.
I know many women who got pregnant when not married. I know of NO fathers forced to pay child support for the result. I know of several who just walked away...with no repercussions. No one came after them. There were no paternity tests

Nuffin
Not so much unless it's voluntary

Forum List

Back