...riffing off of another thread....James' seizing property....

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
In a nearby thread (revived from years ago)...the thread 'Why Trump Should Not Be President', there is post #13 that offers a headline suggesting that Trump won't pay on Monday, March 25th the money he owes for pursuing an appeal of the $450,000,000+ judgement against his corporation, himself, and his two sons.

The headline suggests that instead of paying he'll simply let the State of New York seize Trump Tower.

Personally, I'm not so sure that is the way it would play out.
But, if he refuses to pony up the bond money, what then?

[This could be a useful thread to inform us all on how the machinations of big money, big court judgements, can possibly play out. It'll be a high-stakes chess game, IMO. Most especially, if no financial-angel drops in to fund the surety bond(s). And USMB may have informed contributors here who are familiar with such judgments and are willing to share their insights?]

I welcome other's opinions on how this can play out this upcoming week.

Here is what I could possibly envision:

1. Trump refuses to pay on Monday. In short, challenging the State to back up the threat to seize assets.

2. So, the State begins to seize. But they don't go after iconic 'Trump Tower'...with the public-'splashiness' that would entail. Nor do they go after all assets.
  3. Instead they go after less well-known properties. But those that are known to be profitable. The more profitable the more likely to be seized. Of course, the details and messiness of managing any real-estate property will be part of the calculus too. After all, who wants to immerse themselves in the weeds of 'Tee-Times' and golf-cart maintenance?

4. So then, the State could most likely go after this 'stated' $400,000,000+ in cash (or cash equivalents) that Don Trump revealed he had in a deposition to the State in 2023. THOSE funds would be relatively easily secured.....just order the bank to lock the accounts, and turn the cash over to the State Treasurer or Court, whichever is applicable. Minimum 'hands-on management' of that cash would be required. Most certainly a lot less than seizing an office building with it's tenants, tax-generation burden, and maintenance.

So, get the cash first. And if that is not enough.....go for the most profitable/easily managed pieces.

Anyway, if I was sitting in the decision-maker's seat......I'd look first at those avenues.

You?

In a nearby thread (revived from years ago)...the thread 'Why Trump Should Not Be President', there is post #13 that offers a headline suggesting that Trump won't pay on Monday, March 25th the money he owes for pursuing an appeal of the $450,000,000+ judgement against his corporation, himself, and his two sons.

The headline suggests that instead of paying he'll simply let the State of New York seize Trump Tower.

[This could be a useful thread to inform us all on how the machinations of big money, big court judgements, can possibly play out. It'll be a high-stakes chess game, IMO. Most especially, if no financial-angel drops in to fund the surety bond(s). And USMB may have informed contributors here who are familiar with such judgments and are willing to share their insights?]

1. Trump refuses to pay on Monday. In short, challenging the State to back up the threat to seize assets.

2. So, the State begins to seize. But they don't go after iconic 'Trump Tower'...with the public-'splashiness' that would entail. Nor do they go after all assets.
  3. Instead they go after less well-known properties. But those that are known to be profitable. The more profitable the more likely to be seized. Of course, the details and messiness of managing any real-estate property will be part of the calculus too. After all, who wants to immerse themselves in the weeds of 'Tee-Times' and golf-cart maintenance?

4. So then, the State could most likely go after this 'stated' $400,000,000+ in cash (or cash equivalents) that Don Trump revealed he had in a deposition to the State in 2023. THOSE funds would be relatively easily secured.....just order the bank to lock the accounts, and turn the cash over to the State Treasurer or Court, whichever is applicable. Minimum 'hands-on management' of that cash would be required. Most certainly a lot less than seizing an office building with it's tenants, tax-generation burden, and maintenance.

So, get the cash first. And if that is not enough.....go for the most profitable/easily managed pieces.

Anyway, if I was sitting in the decision-maker's seat......I'd look first at those avenues.

You?
So the cameras will follow James with her pad lock as she puts working people out of business and jobs... I can't wait...

So the cameras will follow James with her pad lock as she puts working people out of business and jobs...

OK, thank you, poster Rambunctious.
That is the first here who is advocating that the State actually seize the real-estate properties.
The poster makes no mention of the $400+ million in cash.

Any other thoughts by any other posters?

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

OK, thank you poster Oddball.

However, the poster makes no mention of any possible steps that may be made on Monday.

• Will Don Trump or his corporation offer surety bonds?
  • If he doesn't then what?
The poster Oddball does not address the thrust of the thread.
So be it.
Nobody requires him to participate on the actual thread topic.

OK, thank you, poster Rambunctious.
That is the first here who is advocating that the State actually seize the real-estate properties.
The poster makes no mention of the $400+ million in cash.

Any other thoughts by any other posters?
I very much doubt that he has anywhere near the cash he claimed. He's not very honest. Maybe Vlad can Venmo him a chunk for some future considerations.

However, the poster makes no mention of any possible steps that may be made on Monday.

So be it.
The 8th Amendment means that such steps shouldn't be necessary to begin with.

Sorry you have trouble reading for comprehension.

Try an ESL course at your local community college.

"The 8th Amendment means that such steps shouldn't be necessary to begin with."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the 8th may very well come into play. I dunno 'bout such stuff.
However, Monday comes. Two days from now.
I, for one, have not heard of a court motion by the defendants to claim '8th Amendment' protections.
And surely not get it seriously considered before Monday, March 25th.

So, for the sake of the thread: (and assuming no "8th A" motion stops anything by Monday, nor no finanical angel writes a ginormous check....well, what can happen on Monday, or Monday afternoon, or Tuesday?

• Will the State go after the cash accounts first. Reportedly holding $400+ million?
  • Will the State go after the 'big name' properties----40 Wall Street or Trump Tower?
  • Or, will they play a more subtle role and go after the less well known properties that are less likely to attract widespread public attention?
What do you think of the suggestion that the State will go after the most profitable and easily managed real estate ......if the $400+ million in cash ain't really there?

So be it.
Trump should put up the property in the democrat shithole known as NYC while he appeals the excessive fine and Marxist faggotry of the left ... if he loses appeal and they take Trump tower it will be just another company in a long list leaving NY .

You?
I would assume they would go after the property that could be liquidated the quickest.

Forum List

Back