Seizing Trump’s New York properties will not be easy for Letitia James

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This seems hard work. Obviously cash would be better than property.

But I wonder if Ms James might take any property income from these places. It would likely cover the interest that trump is building up every day. But trump probably needs that income to pay off the mortgage, That might be a problem

It would also leave the portfolio intact pending any appeal.

Liquidating the property might be beneficial if trump actually owns the property rather than it being mortgaged to the hilt. In that case the lender has first dibs on the payout.

Trump 1 must be worth something but again it is likely to be held on a lease.

I do wonder if it might just be easier to lock him up in debtors prison until he can clear the tab.

But I wonder if Ms James might take any property income from these places. It would likely cover the interest that trump is building up every day. But trump probably needs that income to pay off the mortgage, That might be a problem

Liquidating the property might be beneficial if trump actually owns the property rather than it being mortgaged to the hilt. In that case the lender has first dibs on the payout.

I do wonder if it might just be easier to lock him up in debtors prison until he can clear the tab.

If FPOTUS#45 doesn't either:
  • Post the bond through a surety backer,
  • Post the escrow based on liquid assets,
  • Post a hybrid solution in cooperation with the State to the Judge,
  • Get an enforcement suspension from the appeals court

I would expect the State to go after assets in the following order:
  • Liquid personal and corporate bank accounts.
  • None real estate assets that can be quickly sold, such as: Trump Force One, Citation (corporate jet), and multiple helicopters in addition to such things as art work and other valuables that can be seized and sold.
  • Liens on property to prevent it sale pending full satisfaction of the judgement.

While seizing real estate makes the biggest headlines, my gut tells me that they would be the lowest on the list since they will involve other 3rd parties making the process much longer.

WW

• None real estate assets that can be quickly sold, such as: Trump Force One, Citation (corporate jet), and multiple helicopters in addition to such things as art work and other valuables that can be seized and sold.
  • Liens on property to prevent it sale pending full satisfaction of the judgement.

While seizing real estate makes the biggest headlines, my gut tells me that they would be the lowest on the list since they will involve other 3rd parties making the process much longer.

WW
That sounds reasonable. In th UK bankruptcy is a corrupt business. The debtor inflates his creditors in order to lower the amount he repays.

So his family and friends create claims for large bogus amounts mening the genuine creditors get marginalised. Is that a thing in the US ?

WW
Why can’t he just borrow the money from Son in Law Jared Kushner?

We dont have “debtors prisons” in the US retard…

WW
I would look for a higher court getting involved with a stay, while they review the whole sorted thing.

It would be good to move these places into public ownership but again who owns them now ?
Given trumps previous business debacles I would imagine that his affairs are set up against the likelihood of bankruptcy.
Public ownership = communism and shit.

Forum List

Back