Seizing Trump’s New York properties will not be easy for Letitia James

Business doesnt work like that. Draining the New York trump swamp is acually a positive thing.
You obviously don't have a clue how business "works" then Tommy! New York City has always been the financial capital of the world. If you were a global player then it was almost mandatory that you had large, impressive offices in Manhattan. The pandemic changed that. People started working from home and not making the commute into New York and companies discovered they didn't NEED those expensive offices in the city! New York City and New York State kept raising taxes at the same time. Even before Tish James went after Trump huge companies were transferring the bulk of their offices to cities like Miami, Nashville and Dallas because doing so saved them billions in costs. New York City has lost the main office of almost 180 financial companies with assets of almost a Trillion dollars to Florida since 2019. It was a steady stream of people leaving BEFORE this move by James...now it's a torrent.

You know that isnt really a victory.
Since the entire goal of this is to take money away from Trump so he can't use it in his campaign it is a minor victory, Tommy. The rest of that joke of a ruling will be overturned on appeal sometime down the road. That also will be a victory. More importantly...a majority of Americans now feel that Joe Biden and the Democrats have used the Justice System to unfairly target his main political opponent! Americans have a thing about fairness. They don't like it when people in power abuse that power. That could lead to another victory in November.

You know that isnt really a victory.
No, it’s still a travesty and injustice. The victory will come once they have time to run this up to the Supreme Court, and argue it there, and if scotus overturns it, that’s where the victory comes.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t overturn it, this was all lawfare, plain and simple and it’s obvious because the attorney general bragged about it during her campaign.

Yeah, and all the gay people too, right? And it’s not just one, I’m sure you all have made many comments about other conservative women.
Uh huh, sure kid. Whatever you think. Or whatever it is you tRumplings do instead.

Since the entire goal of this is to take money away from Trump so he can't use it in his campaign it is a minor victory, Tommy. The rest of that joke of a ruling will be overturned on appeal sometime down the road. That also will be a victory. More importantly...a majority of Americans now feel that Joe Biden and the Democrats have used the Justice System to unfairly target his main political opponent! Americans have a thing about fairness. They don't like it when people in power abuse that power. That could lead to another victory in November.
Trump knows he is guilty. Thats why he is pushing the immunity scam.

This seems hard work. Obviously cash would be better than property.

But I wonder if Ms James might take any property income from these places. It would likely cover the interest that trump is building up every day. But trump probably needs that income to pay off the mortgage, That might be a problem

It would also leave the portfolio intact pending any appeal.

Liquidating the property might be beneficial if trump actually owns the property rather than it being mortgaged to the hilt. In that case the lender has first dibs on the payout.

Trump 1 must be worth something but again it is likely to be held on a lease.

I do wonder if it might just be easier to lock him up in debtors prison until he can clear the tab.
It should never be easy for the government to seize property from opposition politicians, or from anyone, for that matter. BTW, you'll never see TRUMP! in prison.

Uh huh, sure kid. Whatever you think. Or whatever it is you tRumplings do instead.
lol, do I need to pull up my list of dems using derogatory words for gay people? I’m more than happy to do it…the work is already done…just let me know 😊

Just for comparison and how this is such a big injustice…Bernie madoff fleeced people for 64 BILLION dollars, and only had to post a 10 million dollar bond.. there were people actually hurt by his scandal

So..yeah. Shows you how much this judgment is wrong on so many levels.

Just for comparison and how this is such a big injustice…Bernie madoff fleeced people for 64 BILLION dollars, and only had to post a 10 million dollar bond.. there were people actually hurt by his scandal

So..yeah. Shows you how much this judgment is wrong on so many levels.

What was his civil judgement?

I thought his was a criminal case where it was a criminal bond not a supersedeas bond of a civil judgement.

WW

What was his civil judgement?

I thought his was a criminal case where it was a criminal bond not a supersedeas bond of a civil judgement.

WW
Why does that matter? He defrauded people for 64 billion dollars and got a 10 million dollar bond, trump overestimated some properties to a bank and got (originally) a 454 million dollar bond

;)

1711934140784.png

Forum List

Back