Reparations

The government doesn't have squat without taxpayers
Uhm, OK...
giphy.gif

Sure, just as soon as you explain to me when have citizens ever been able to pick and choose what benefits and what debts they get from their government.

That's not the argument, is it? You said the government pays, not the individuals, remember? Where does the government get its money from?

I just read the following article and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Actor Edward Norton recently discovered that his family history proves that his ancestors owned slaves. So, should he pay the price and personally pay reparations for the wrongdoings of his ancestors? I mean, that is what the left wants. The left want the US to pay reparations for things done in the past so why shouldn't rich people personally pay for the wrongdoings of their ancestors too? If Edward Norton isn't financially responsible for his own ancestors owning slaves then why should the US government pay reparations for the wrongdoing of our ancestors? Is the past in the past, over and done with, or, should we check the ancestry of all rich Americans and if their ancestors owned slaves, then should they pay reparations?

Why should anybody whose ancestors came to the US after the Civil War in the great immigration waves have to pay anything?

Better yet, why should any Americans be responsible for anything that they didn't do?

Conversely why should any goddamn Negro get a dime seeing that none of them were ever a slave?

What if your ancestors never owned any slaves at all, which is the great great majority of Americans?

What if your ancestors fought on the side of the Union in the Civil War? The idiots Libtards that don't know jackshit about history are always saying that the Civil War was fought over slavery so why should anybody from the North have to pay anything?

My great, great grandfather served in a Confederate regiment (Florida 9th). He never owned slaves and we have his letters that says he fought because of of the Yankee invasion, not to protect somebody's else right to own slaves. Does that give us a pass from having to give our hard earned money to the goddamn Negroes that haven't earned jackshit?

Cool.

The govt can pay every person alive in the US today who were held as slaves in the US.

Wealthy easily creates more wealth, so it is passed on like a dynasty.
So reparations are only appropriate from those dynasties built upon slavery, to those who are still being economically discriminated against.
I am not sure how many of those categories still exist.
But there have to be some.
There have to be come rural areas in the South without proper schools, health care, etc.?

Equal distribution of outcome in general is the left's platform.

Except of course for the people determining the outcome, they get Inner Party Status.
That is incorrect. You're hearing what you want to hear. Nobody wants everyone to have equal pay across the board.

Equal distribution of outcome in general is the left's platform.

Except of course for the people determining the outcome, they get Inner Party Status.

Not at all.
The left is not as greedy or material, so in general does not want or care about how much others want or get.
In fact, the left wants less so that there is less harm to the environment.
What the left wants is equitable outcome, where you gain proportionally to your effort, and not where the wealthy-do-nothing owners take 90% because they can.

Look at unions for example.
Have you ever seen a union demand equal distribution?
Never happened.

List all the slaves alive today.

If you are paid too little to invest and have expenses increasing faster than pay scale, then you are an economic slave.
For example, real estate tends to double in value every decade.
That means rents double.
But mortgage payments do not and remain the same for the life of the mortgage, whether it is 10 year or 30 year.
So those with enough capital to start with, automatically end up owning the income of those they rent to.
That really is unearned, unfair, and inappropriate.
It is landlord speculation by the wealthy that drives housing to be unaffordable to the average worker.

Forum List

Back