Reparations

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I just read the following article and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Actor Edward Norton recently discovered that his family history proves that his ancestors owned slaves. So, should he pay the price and personally pay reparations for the wrongdoings of his ancestors? I mean, that is what the left wants. The left want the US to pay reparations for things done in the past so why shouldn't rich people personally pay for the wrongdoings of their ancestors too? If Edward Norton isn't financially responsible for his own ancestors owning slaves then why should the US government pay reparations for the wrongdoing of our ancestors? Is the past in the past, over and done with, or, should we check the ancestry of all rich Americans and if their ancestors owned slaves, then should they pay reparations?

I just read the following article and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Actor Edward Norton recently discovered that his family history proves that his ancestors owned slaves. So, should he pay the price and personally pay reparations for the wrongdoings of his ancestors? I mean, that is what the left wants. The left want the US to pay reparations for things done in the past so why shouldn't rich people personally pay for the wrongdoings of their ancestors too? If Edward Norton isn't financially responsible for his own ancestors owning slaves then why should the US government pay reparations for the wrongdoing of our ancestors? Is the past in the past, over and done with, or, should we check the ancestry of all rich Americans and if their ancestors owned slaves, then should they pay reparations?

I dont want that. Did Tucker tell you that last night?

Smells like post de facto laws ... do we have white people taking black wealth as government policy since 1964 or whenever this behavior was made illegal ...

Or is this about these behaviors when they were ... in fact ... perfectly legal ... c.f Plessy v Ferguson ...

If The Netherlands were given back New York City ... we could get rid of all the guns there ... cut crime by 99% ... the Dutch aren't troublemakers like the filthy English ...

LOL. You guys make be crack up and bust a gut laughing. That's the standard response to everything you disagree with, I must be a Fox News hound. Sorry to disappoint but I don't watch Fox News.
Ok so where did you get it from? Or did you hear one person on the left say it so you just assume that is a platform of the left?

Ok so where did you get it from? Or did you hear one person on the left say it so you just assume that is a platform of the left?

It is the platform of the Left ... equal distribution of wealth ... food stamps, social security, reparations ... all taking money from the Rich and giving it to the Poor ... race has nothing to do with it ... does it? ...

It is the platform of the Left ... equal distribution of wealth ... food stamps, social security, reparations ... all taking money from the Rich and giving it to the Poor ... race has nothing to do with it ... does it? ...
So you're saying that getting rid of social security is the right's platform? Good luck explaining that to your average geriatric Fox News viewer.

Equal distribution of wealth is not something the left is about. But the billionaires love poor suckers like you.

Didn't I? Explain to me where the government gets it money from, Keynes
Sure, just as soon as you explain to me when have citizens ever been able to pick and choose what benefits and what debts they get from their government.

So you're saying that getting rid of social security is the right's platform? Good luck explaining that to your average geriatric Fox News viewer.

Equal distribution of wealth is not something the left is about. But the billionaires love poor suckers like you.

Equal distribution of outcome in general is the left's platform.

Except of course for the people determining the outcome, they get Inner Party Status.

Forum List

Back