Relax, Christians: the World is Not Ending

My question was directed to norwegen and you answered
Yes, I entered the conversation. You then included me! :) Look, I meant this all in good fun, but maybe you think I was being snarky? In any case, if I am interrupting, I will be happy to find another conversation. In either case, wishing you well.
Nobody interrupts on these boards. They're public so anybody can answer.

That was my understanding as well...but this is the second person in a matter of days who didn't care for me to respond. It is fine for them to say so. I like people to be comfortable when it involves issues such as religion which is very close to the heart.

Yes, I entered the conversation. You then included me! :) Look, I meant this all in good fun, but maybe you think I was being snarky? In any case, if I am interrupting, I will be happy to find another conversation. In either case, wishing you well.
I replied to you

“Interrupts” is your word not mine

It's Meriweather's word. My comment was directed to Meriweather and you answered.

It's Meriweather's word. My comment was directed to Meriweather and you answered.
You are correct

my mistake

Sheesh!

The Bible doesn't say the world will come to an end. What it does say is that the church is eternal.

So, peace.

Jesus is coming back. Most of us think soon. Do we have a day or time? Nope, not even close. But soon.

Most seculars feel this coming too, and know it.

Sheesh!

The Bible doesn't say the world will come to an end. What it does say is that the church is eternal.

So, peace.

Jesus is coming back. Most of us think soon. Do we have a day or time? Nope, not even close. But soon.

Well, you can keep waiting on him if you like. As for me, he's with me now.

Sheesh!

So, peace.

Jesus Christ is in Heaven now seated at the Right Hand of the Father.

But He will come again to earth in the Second Coming

For now, if you are a regenerate Christian, you are indwelt by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 3:16)

Sheesh!

So, peace.

For now, if you are a regenerate Christian, you are indwelt by the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 3:16)
Fine, keep preaching his absence from the world; that's your prerogative.

But don’t Christians want the world to end so they can be raptured?
Many do, yes. Most do. They're stuck on translations like the King James Version, in which the Greek aeon is translated not to age but erroneously to world, as in Matthew Chapter 12:

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt 12:32)

This mistranslation suggests that Christ was foretelling not the coming of a new age but the coming of a new world, and so Christians for centuries have been anticipating planet earth’s literal destruction and re-creation.

But don’t Christians want the world to end so they can be raptured?
No. Speaking for most, the Rapture some Christians discuss comes from an eighteenth century misinterpretation of a Bible passage. Not understanding the original language and metaphors, plus the changes in any language over time resulted in the "Rapture" interpolation. It is always a good idea to re-investigate how, where, and when some teachings pop up.

Sheesh!

So, peace.

Well do you have made up your own Christianity or what?

Sheesh!

So, peace.

Well do you have made up your own Christianity or what?
No, I read the Bible.

Jesus isn't coming to rescue us from the virus.

I think that the greeks wrote the bible
Not the Hebrews?

Actually, it was originally written in Hebrew. When the Romans invaded Jerusalem, they were in awe that all of the Hebrew writings of the Torah were EXACTLY the same. All of them. They thought of that as kinda miraculous as books from the time were written by scribes, and they didn't copy down the books as good as they should have.

The Torah was then translated into Greek, and then translated into Roman before it was translated into English.

And, fwiw.......................the KJV of the Bible is a heavily edited, and scripted book

Forum List

Back