Life After Death

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Numerous accounts told by those who’ve gone to the brink and returned. So many that many ER’s have landmarks in the room hoping someone recalls them. To date, I have not heard of one being identified, but that is because everyone coming back is focused upon their body laying there.

I’ve personally heard several stories. The three I’ve witnessed second hand (I wasn’t the dead person) involved my mother-in-law. First time she’s in surgery, she technically dies and is brought back.

As she comes to she has no idea she died and was brought back. Yet she described going towards a light, sees her dead husband who says it’s not your time yet.

Second time was years later and she’s not doing well. One night she said she saw her brother, but he wouldn’t come into the room. She’s never talked about him hardly, they’ve lived thousands of miles apart for decades.

He had died the day before and we hadn’t told her yet because of her failing health.

A few months later she’s on her death bed. Her breathing has been raspy and difficult for over a day. Suddenly she’s breathing normally, her eyes open, she’s looking at the ceiling, smiles, and says Jimmy. Her husband. And she’s gone.

I thought this was a bunch of bull honkey until my grandmother, on her death bed, identified one of her daughters husbands mother that she saw at one point a day or so before she died. She said this lady had told her its ok to come to the water she would hold her hand.

The thing is.....that lady had died a day before and NOBODY had ever told my grandmother this information. Yet she singled THAT WOMAN out as the one she saw telling her to come into the water.

I thought this was a bunch of bull honkey until my grandmother, on her death bed, identified one of her daughters husbands mother that she saw at one point a day or so before she died. She said this lady had told her its ok to come to the water she would hold her hand.

The thing is.....that lady had died a day before and NOBODY had ever told my grandmother this information. Yet she singled THAT WOMAN out as the one she saw telling her to come into the water.
See? We have countless stories of the impossible occurring.

Or, a more prosaic explanation, that a brain, deprived of oxygen will selectively recall or alter memories and perceptions will be altered.

It's a phenomenon that is understandably difficult to study as it involves test subjects in the process of dying. Something hospitals try to avoid.

On a personal note, I have observed persons dying and watched their faces. As 02 saturation drops below 70%, they are still alive buy you can see the change in their eyes as they become less and less aware of their surroundings. I would be very interested to know precisely what is happening in the brains of those patients as the brain shuts down.

Last edited:
can anyone really explain what is a dream - a real one not a narration by the individual working it themselves. the occasional real dream can be quite phenomenal in realism.

when someone that is truly dead and returns then there will be a true story -

1585700558634.png

if harry houdini couldn't do it most likely it will never happen.

Or, a more prosaic explanation, that a brain, deprived of oxygen will selectively recall or alter memories and perceptions will be altered.

It's a phenomenon that is understandably difficult to study as it involves test subjects in the process of dying. Something hospitals try to avoid.

On a person note, I have observed persons dying and watched their faces. As 02 saturation drops below 70%, they are still alive buy you can see the change in their eyes as they become less and less aware of their surroundings. I would be very interested to know precisely what is happening in the brains of those patients as the brain shuts down.

Sadly, we are all going to find out one day...

On a person note, I have observed persons dying and watched their faces. As 02 saturation drops below 70%, they are still alive buy you can see the change in their eyes as they become less and less aware of their surroundings. I would be very interested to know precisely what is happening in the brains of those patients as the brain shuts down.
And know of people that have died that they believed to be alive?

There are lots of stories about near death experiences. So many that one has to think there is something to it.

A friend died and was brought back. He later detailed a story where he met Jesus Christ. Who told him it wasn’t his time yet. The experience changed is life and personality in significant ways.

There are lots of stories about near death experiences. So many that one has to think there is something to it.

A friend died and was brought back. He later detailed a story where he met Jesus Christ. Who told him it wasn’t his time yet. The experience changed is life and personality in significant ways.
There are just too many stories that all have the same theme.

I had an out of body experience where I could see everything from an elevated position in the middle of the room. It was an incredibly peaceful feeling. I felt like I was smiling.

When it ended, I could feel the cushions compressing under my weight. That was one the the strangest parts of the experience.
I then started feeling the sickness and don't remember much after that.

There are just too many stories that all have the same theme.
Does that make them untrue?

There are a number of books written about the Afterlife, where a person's soul leaves the physical body at the time of death and at some point returns in a different life and body, otherwise known as reincarnation. People have been put under hypnosis and regressed to past lifetimes where they can recall people, places, events, and languages that they know nothing about in their current life. There are numerous Eastern religions who have that belief, and we're talking about billions of people. Which proves nothing, just food for thought. But it is a comfort to some to believe that they will be reunited with loved ones that have passed away

I had a massive heart attack on Friday. Had it not been for my coworker, I would be dead--due to COVID-19 social distancing. My initial thought was that I had chest pain and difficulty breathing so maybe I had "the Carona". Then I vomited. Naw. Whole new ball game.

I wound up with a stent. I also learned that I will be a smart ass up until the day I die. Really. Not everyone will appreciate it. Really.

There were only two somewhat supernatural things. One of those is that I had worked like a mad woman for a couple of weeks as if I had to get everything situated so that if anything happened then someone could pick up where I left off or at least (on some of my more convoluted shit) hold the line until they figured it out. I remember thinking that I needed to really do this one last thing before I turned my full attention to something else so I sent a text to someone. That person immediately called me back but by that point I couldn't even answer the phone. I was still ticked off that I was being interrupted.

I thought I saw a light in the distance when I closed my eyes. Then I realized morphine was pretty damn awesome.

I'm looking for a sign. I just didn't find one.

I had a massive heart attack on Friday. Had it not been for my coworker, I would be dead--due to COVID-19 social distancing. My initial thought was that I had chest pain and difficulty breathing so maybe I had "the Carona". Then I vomited. Naw. Whole new ball game.

I wound up with a stent. I also learned that I will be a smart ass up until the day I die. Really. Not everyone will appreciate it. Really.

There were only two somewhat supernatural things. One of those is that I had worked like a mad woman for a couple of weeks as if I had to get everything situated so that if anything happened then someone could pick up where I left off or at least (on some of my more convoluted shit) hold the line until they figured it out. I remember thinking that I needed to really do this one last thing before I turned my full attention to something else so I sent a text to someone. That person immediately called me back but by that point I couldn't even answer the phone. I was still ticked off that I was being interrupted.

I thought I saw a light in the distance when I closed my eyes. Then I realized morphine was pretty damn awesome.

Guess it just wasn't your time. Ergo, no sign. Glad you're still with us tho.

If that happens to me one day, after vomiting I won't be crazy looking for a sign but for a rag instead... to clean up the mess...

Wait--just this past Friday? Really? Oh no! Are you going to be okay?

Wait--just this past Friday? Really? Oh no! Are you going to be okay?

Yep. I was discharged Sunday afternoon. I'm going to be fine as long as I follow this doctor's directives and take a bunch of medication.

Last edited:

If that happens to me one day, after vomiting I won't be crazy looking for a sign but for a rag instead... to clean up the mess...
If you play your cards right, you can just vomit into the garbage can. I tried to explain later that had I been able to make it to a restroom then I would have. Like normal people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back