Rabbis forced the Romans to crucify Jesus

no such trial ever took place----no jelly bean
for you
It's a good thing I don't like jelly beans anyway. Senator Tacitus, a Roman historian, Pontius Pilate, Lucian of Samosata, Africanus, Thallus, a Christian scholar, Josephus all say it did happen. Maybe you didn't have good seats I couldn't see or hear what was going on very well when all this went down.

Read the Bible, you will see it was prophesied long before his birth and rise from Galilee. The Old Testament demonstrated how corrupt the chosen people had become and the only way the future course of Gods word could be spread throughout the world. His death, the lamb of God, and resurrection, represented the only way the prophesy could be fulfilled. The Sanhedrin acted just like the prophets had prophesied.

It's a good thing I don't like jelly beans anyway. Senator Tacitus, a Roman historian, Pontius Pilate, Lucian of Samosata, Africanus, Thallus, a Christian scholar, Josephus all say it did happen. Maybe you didn't have good seats I couldn't see or hear what was going on very well when all this went down.
Oh you have "that book" written by Pontius
Pilate? ----oh and the satire bit by Lucian -----
TACITUS-----never mentions any person named
"jesus"-------nor does Josephus----except in a
forgery and even then ---never alludes to a
trial. you learned this crap in sunday
school?

Oh you have "that book" written by Pontius
Pilate? ----oh and the satire bit by Lucian -----
TACITUS-----never mentions any person named
"jesus"-------nor does Josephus----except in a
forgery and even then ---never alludes to a
trial. you learned this crap in sunday
school?
When I was in the Air Force I started college. But it asked for transcripts of my high school records. The high school I went to was it beautiful wood Victorian building. Unfortunately the year after I graduated it burnt to the ground. It was over a hundred years old. You are asking for records from 2,000 years ago. They're kind of hard to come by. That's why religion isn't something you can prove it's based on faith. And I admire anybody with those type convictions. What's yours is yours believe it or not, it makes no difference to me.

When I was in the Air Force I started college. But it asked for transcripts of my high school records. The high school I went to was it beautiful wood Victorian building. Unfortunately the year after I graduated it burnt to the ground. It was over a hundred years old. You are asking for records from 2,000 years ago. They're kind of hard to come by. That's why religion isn't something you can prove it's based on faith. And I admire anybody with those type convictions. What's yours is yours believe it or not, it makes no difference to me.
your backwoods country high school was not
the Sanhedrin which had detailed and carefully
preserved and EXTANT records for more than 1000 years. The story you promulgate is utterly
inconsistent with the WELL KNOWN workings of the Sanhedrin at the time of Jesus. Try getting
a record of your high school attendance again---
your state has them

your backwoods country high school was not
the Sanhedrin which had detailed and carefully
preserved and EXTANT records for more than 1000 years. The story you promulgate is utterly
inconsistent with the WELL KNOWN workings of the Sanhedrin at the time of Jesus. Try getting
a record of your high school attendance again---
your state has them
I graduated from high school in 1969, the school burnt down in 1970. I was in the air force during the Vietnam war and the early seventies. In Pennsylvania, they didn't keep backup records in Harrisburg at the time. They're really gone. I am not the OP in this thread. I am not trying to promagulate anything. You appeared to want sources from outside of the Bible and I complied. Try to have a good night, I plan on it.

I graduated from high school in 1969, the school burnt down in 1970. I was in the air force during the Vietnam war and the early seventies. In Pennsylvania, they didn't keep backup records in Harrisburg at the time. They're really gone. I am not the OP in this thread. I am not trying to promagulate anything. You appeared to want sources from outside of the Bible and I complied. Try to have a good night, I plan on it.
you cited "sources" that either never mentioned
"JESUS"----or any Sanhedrin trial associated
him. I graduated high school in 1966 and
was and remain a prolific reader. Pontius
Pilate left no writings----Josephus Flavius does
not mention Jesus at all except in a fraudulent
insertion that also does not mention a "TRIAL"

you cited "sources" that either never mentioned
"JESUS"----or any Sanhedrin trial associated
him. I graduated high school in 1966 and
was and remain a prolific reader. Pontius
Pilate left no writings----Josephus Flavius does
not mention Jesus at all except in a fraudulent
insertion that also does not mention a "TRIAL"
Good for you. Good night.

Read the Bible, you will see it was prophesied long before his birth and rise from Galilee. The Old Testament demonstrated how corrupt the chosen people had become and the only way the future course of Gods word could be spread throughout the world. His death, the lamb of God, and resurrection, represented the only way the prophesy could be fulfilled. The Sanhedrin acted just like the prophets had prophesied.
The Prophets were not predicting the far away future. They were more like today's pundits. They used parent/child, husband/imagery to depict the relationship between Israel and God.

The Sanhedrin found him guilty of violating the Sabbath law ( by healing on the Sabbath ), threatening to destroy the Jewish temple, practicing sorcery, exorcising people by using the power of demons and claiming to be the Messiah. Jesus said nothing on his behalf.

from their text, c bible - the itinerant claimed it was what they claimed not him - he was god ... their cause was self determination, liberation theology is what had them crucified.

The Prophets were not predicting the far away future. They were more like today's pundits. They used parent/child, husband/imagery to depict the relationship between Israel and God.
We can and will agree to disagree. The prophets I speak prophesied the coming of the son of God about 700 BC. Isaiah directly prophesied about Jesus, Malachi prophesied the coming of the one that would pave the way, John the Baptist, and Micah declaring from the House of David born in Bethlehem the son of God would come. Each prophet lived well before the arrival of Christ. The interesting question worth pondering is would the prophecies have come to pass if the chosen people had changed their way in 700 BC and returned to obedience in the Ten Commandments? God knew all too well that was not to be, sin was too great.

We can and will agree to disagree. The prophets I speak prophesied the coming of the son of God about 700 BC. Isaiah directly prophesied about Jesus, Malachi prophesied the coming of the one that would pave the way, John the Baptist, and Micah declaring from the House of David born in Bethlehem the son of God would come. Each prophet lived well before the arrival of Christ. The interesting question worth pondering is would the prophecies have come to pass if the chosen people had changed their way in 700 BC and returned to obedience in the Ten Commandments? God knew all too well that was not to be, sin was too great.
Isaiah did no such thing. Jesus was not the Messiah. He fulfilled none of the criteria, starting with not being from the House of David. House is paternal.

None of the Prophets were talking about the far future. They were all talking to their contemporaries about immediate, or very near future of not keeping the Mitzvot.

Isaiah did no such thing. Jesus was not the Messiah. He fulfilled none of the criteria, starting with not being from the House of David. House is paternal.

None of the Prophets were talking about the far future. They were all talking to their contemporaries about immediate, or very near future of not keeping the Mitzvot.
We as I said can agree to disagree as to interpretation. One persons Messiah it not necessarily another’s. Just one question, how could one coming to usher the way in the near term ward off the Assyrian’s at their doorsteps?

We as I said can agree to disagree as to interpretation. One persons Messiah it not necessarily another’s. Just one question, how could one coming to usher the way in the near term ward off the Assyrian’s at their doorsteps?
There is just this detail that Jews get to define the Jewish messiah. And that we can read our text in the original. More often than not, we read the entire text, not a badly translated out of context verse.
We usually read Torah in English during our Torah study. It's just convenient. A Jewish translation. And we still refer to the Hebrew because no translation is perfect.

The Sanhedrin found him guilty of violating the Sabbath law ( by healing on the Sabbath ), threatening to destroy the Jewish temple, practicing sorcery, exorcising people by using the power of demons and claiming to be the Messiah. Jesus said nothing on his behalf.
Where did Jesus say those things? Were those specific charges?

Isaiah is talking about Israel not Jesus. Read all of Isaiah. Would the author change one sentence to change the subject?

Forum List

Back