Rabbis forced the Romans to crucify Jesus

Judeo Christianity calls for an understanding of both. It leads to the adage, "Old Testament, Christ concealed. New Testament, Christ revealed.", starting in Genesis, with the first prophesy about Christ:
Genesis 3:15, "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.

^ Satan struck Christ a glancing blow, but Christ will land the crushing blow. Christ referred us to the OT prophets often. And fulfilled the OT Law. The whole book paints a perfect picture of what was, what is, and what is to come.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
an almost perfect example of corruption of hebrew poetry in an attempt to drag Jesus and the easter bunny into the book. worth
at least 3 jelly beans

So, Moses decided that God was reading poetry to Satan? Lovely.

Satan Satan like an eel, you'll strike someone in the heel.
And since that person doesn't exist, continue on with your kill list...

Rosie, you silly girl. What other poetry did Moses write?

Look at me, I part the sea. I kill Egyptians on their knee.
So, even though they all sound fake.
Put your faith in pros I make..

The word Suh-Tahn means adversary, not some evil red guy running around with a pitchfork.
I guess the first thing that turned me off about the Yeshua thing was how the Church created a "religion" to scare the shit out of out an illiterate populace.

I know Christians are encouraged to not read the Torah chapter by chapter, verse by verse, word by word.
One of the last chapters in Deuteronomy has Moshe's 2nd admonition to the nation where he tells the nation point blank that they will assimilate and God will turn the world and nature against them with a vengeance.
God has to tolerate us despite our eating pork, not because of us, but because of a promise He made to Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov.

Besides, after you learn Tanach chapter by chapter, verse by verse, word by word, the NT is so full of errors it comes off like an issue of Mad Magazine.
What do you mean no pitchfork? Huh, I was sure.....
If only Peter would have known. He could have warned us about who Satan was and what he was up to:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

As for the Torah, I don't know of one Christian that has been admonished not to read the Torah. We like knowledge. And the NT isn't everyone's forte. That's why to road to Heaven is a narrow one.

Since you have studied the Tanakh at such length, do you follow it's teachings?

Last edited:

try again-----the genesis story about the being that would crawl and
be bruised on the head is a SNAKE (not "SATAN") Moses wrote much of the first five books of the bible----in hebrew----POETRY---not in gutter sunday school shit mouth

be bruised on the head is a SNAKE (not "SATAN") Moses wrote much of the first five books of the bible----in hebrew----POETRY---not in gutter sunday school shit mouth
Here is that old serpent in Genesis:
Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and above all beasts of the field;
on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

And here he is again in Rev.:
And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

And again:
And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years

^They can't make it much clearer. Look up the def. of serpent, Rosie. It uses the Gen. as one example of what a serpent is...

No Matso balls for you...

Last edited:

Again:
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

God wasn't pitting Mary's child against baby snakes.
What God was telling Satan was that Satan's damage to Christ will be minimal, while Christ's damage to Satan will be devastating. Then God turned him into a serpent. So said Moses. No reason on earth to assume that Moses was just waxing poetic. He is telling you what happened, just like he told you about the Exodus. It is not balladry.

It is God's first reference to His human<(Mary's seed) male<(his heel) Son. It is the first prophesy in the Bible.

Last edited:
What do you mean no pitchfork? Huh, I was sure.....
If only Peter would have known. He could have warned us about who Satan was and what he was up to:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

As for the Torah, I don't know of one Christian that has been admonished not to read the Torah. We like knowledge. And the NT isn't everyone's forte. That's why to road to Heaven is a narrow one.

Since you have studied the Tanakh at such length, do you follow it's teachings?

You missed the point...you learn in school to read literature and watch movies in sequence but you are instructed that Tanach is irrelevant, therefore you do not realize how many lies there are in the NT.

If God is infinite, why is the road to a pleasant afterlife a narrow one?
That is a purely Aristotelian concept and paints God as a physical being who is a jerk.

I follow the 613 Commands that are applicable to me as an Israelite male living outside of Israel.

You missed the point...you learn in school to read literature and watch movies in sequence but you are instructed that Tanach is irrelevant, therefore you do not realize how many lies there are in the NT.

If God is infinite, why is the road to a pleasant afterlife a narrow one?
That is a purely Aristotelian concept and paints God as a physical being who is a jerk.

I follow the 613 Commands that are applicable to me as an Israelite male living outside of Israel.

No, I didn't miss the point. Your statement about reading the Torah being frowned upon is simply an incorrect one. I corrected it. Never have I heard a preacher declare that the Tanach is irrelevant.

Here is the answer to the question concerning the road to Heaven:
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. ... No one comes to the Father except through me
. He gave you a perfect record to enter Heaven under instead of your own system of killing animals day after day to cover your sin, and again you say, "No Thanks. I'll take my chances." Amen and Amen I guess.

Aristotelian? Do you want to discuss God as jerk in the OT? Poor Moses right? All those years of walking and whining and he isn't even allowed to set foot in the final destination?

According to James, I don't think you are allowed to pick and choose which of the Laws apply to you. They all do:
James 2:10 If you obey every law except one, you are still guilty of breaking them all.
So, good luck with that. I admire your effort and am glad at the same time that I am under a different covenant.
I wish you the best. :)

No, I didn't miss the point. Your statement about reading the Torah being frowned upon is simply an incorrect one. I corrected it. Never have I heard a preacher declare that the Tanach is irrelevant.

Here is the answer to the question concerning the road to Heaven:
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. ... No one comes to the Father except through me
. He gave you a perfect record to enter Heaven under instead of your own system of killing animals day after day to cover your sin, and again you say, "No Thanks. I'll take my chances." Amen and Amen I guess.

Aristotelian? Do you want to discuss God as jerk in the OT? Poor Moses right? All those years of walking and whining and he isn't even allowed to step foot in the final destination?

According to James, I don't think you are allowed to pick and choose which of the Laws apply to you. They all do:
James 2:10 If you obey every law except one, you are still guilty of breaking them all.
So, good luck with that. I admire your effort and am glad at the same time that I am under a different covenant.
I wish you the best. :)
You are quoting a work that misquotes the Original so you are making no point.

You are quoting the verse that pleases you.
I'm not going to bother looking it up but James calls Paul a huckster.

It was foretold in the prophecies, inspired by God, to the prophets, that Christ, the Lamb of God, would be the final sacrifice in his name, and through him, Christ, could one reach God. It was the last straw, as John writes in revelations, once all have heard and accepted or rejected Christ will the final day of judgment come. The chosen people, children of Abraham, had to willingly support and embrace the sacrifice, execution, of the chosen lamb of God, without knowing it, for it was the final culmination of all the prophecies ushering forward the prophecy that Israel must be destroyed and rebuilt once again. Saul understood the Old Testament and only after the loss of sight could see once again. The crucifixion was an act of God.

You are quoting a work that misquotes the Original so you are making no point.

You are quoting the verse that pleases you.
I'm not going to bother looking it up but James calls Paul a huckster.
According to Rosie, you are quoting poetry...
We have different beliefs. Which is fine. And it is fine to discuss them. Shalom.

can you expand on that? where's the tree and what kind of cherries/
Christians are trained to only read select verses and ignore the rest.
For instance, they will read where Jews be bad but will ignore the verses that follow that state the Jews will return to God.

For instance, they will read where Jews be bad but will ignore the verses that follow that state the Jews will return to God.
from past experience---I have the impression that it works like this.
Christians do not read but are instructed. The instruction
comes from childhood special "classes" In churches it is
preached and later on the AVAILABLE reading material is pre-digested

there ^^^^ that's a good one----simon peter is being poetic
regarding SAATAAN <<< the adversary (neither snake nor
lion------a metaphor for THE BAD)

from past experience---I have the impression that it works like this.
Christians do not read but are instructed. The instruction
comes from childhood special "classes" In churches it is
preached and later on the AVAILABLE reading material is pre-digested
Both incorrect. No one is "trained". Christians read--and from a young age. If anything, many Christians may simply retain a "Cliff Notes" version of all they are taught. This is compounded by many believe they have learned everything by the time they are twelve and know all of it when the no very little (pun intended). Very few of us continue studies into adulthood.

If you hear "Jews be bad" (at least from Catholics) you know you are having a discussion with someone who stopped studying when they were twelve.

Both incorrect. No one is "trained". Christians read--and from a young age. If anything, many Christians may simply retain a "Cliff Notes" version of all they are taught. This is compounded by many believe they have learned everything by the time they are twelve and know all of it when the no very little (pun intended). Very few of us continue studies into adulthood.

If you hear "Jews be bad" (at least from Catholics) you know you are having a discussion with someone who stopped studying when they were twelve.
meri-----I have described my childhood experience but no reason
to "know" it. My family moved into a very christian (both catholic
and protestant) suburb when I was four. All of my playmates--
catholic and protestant KNEW their religions and that I killed some
person named Jesus. I got older---VERY OLD----those same people
never got over it. As to catholics---the OT was on the list of
forbidden books. WAY back then----we read a psalm each
morning-----except for some of the catholic kids. Being the kid
I was-------well----I found LOLITA in my mom's underwear
drawer-----and all sorts of other stuff here in there----of course
I read ANY BOOK ON A NO NO LIST. The NT interested me
because little old ladies gave them out free----tiny writing--no
problem for me back then

Yeah, that's why I said accepted. After WW2 most people felt that after the horrendous ordeal the Jews had just suffered, they deserved some kind of compensation. They weren't resented for it except by Muslims. That feeling has certainly dwindled worldwide. It's prophesy being fulfilled where I hadn't seen it priorly.
you have still not provided me with the record of "short changing"
at the tables of roman shill money changers. Is it something
you picked up from the sunday school "lady"? ---and that
joint conspiracy by Sadducees and Pharisees-----from whence
cometh that one? Priorly?

Forum List

Back