Putting the Catholic Church in my rear view window...

At Mom’s insistence, I got confirmed when I was 12 or so and that was it for me.

That was more than 50 years ago and I haven’t been smited yet.

The one good thing that I am seeing in this thread is people actually sitting down and thinking of what their faith and its teachings, whatever the faith and whatever the teachings. mean to them. Marriage means something to them, not just go dump the first and second and get the third to the altar. One thing that I so respect the LGBT community for is their insistence to fight to stand up beside their mates and swear, take the oath. There are so many heterosexuals who need to clean up their act: be good parents, no violence, respect each other, give love and honor, etc. If there is one thing that this horror of Covid-19 teaches us, it is the legacy of heterosexual couples dying together, hand in hand.

Christ died because he was ratted out. Now you know.
He died because a certain number wanted him dead. The question is, Why did they want him dead? He certainly wasn't ratted out because he had a talent for telling great parables. Telling parables wasn't why anyone wanted him gone.
CHRIST died because HE gave up HIS life HIMSELF. No one took it from HIM.
Jesus was ratted on then crucified by the Romans. He didn't do any of that himself
HE knew it was coming and who would be involved.
Did he know that they were going to nail him to wood with his shlong hanging out? Because they didn't have the diaper thing he is always shown with.
In the garden of Gethsemane Jesus notably sweated drops of blood. I'm sure HE was totally aware of the horrors HE faced. Yet none was worse than to carry the full weight of all sin --- past, present, and future upon HIS tortured body --- that even HIS FATHER turned away and forsook HIM to HIS fate.

At Mom’s insistence, I got confirmed when I was 12 or so and that was it for me.

That was more than 50 years ago and I haven’t been smited yet.
Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

I met someone last night.

It was our first date, but something clicked between us and I think she may be the person I spend the rest of my life with.

But, even if it doesn't end up being her, someone will come along eventually because I'm on three dating services and I'm searching very diligently because I hate being alone.

So, it's time to put the Catholic Church in my rear view window.

Now you can say, get an annulment. The Catholic Church offers that.

But I think it's total bullshit to ask the Catholic Church to say I wasn't really married to a woman I spent thirty years with and is the mother of my three children.

I looked into the Episcopalians.

Being an Episcopalian would be like going to a church that looks Catholic in every way, except the priests don't really care if you even believe in God so long as you put money in the basket.

Or I could just not go to any church on Sunday and work things out just between me and God.

Please don't come on this thread and tell me this isn't really a problem.

It's a problem for me.

I've been Catholic all my life and giving up Catholicism would be worse than giving up my right arm.

Forget mere religion. It's meaningless if it is not in harmony with truth and God's will.

Little Nipper already went over the topic of divorce from a biblical standpoint in post #51. That's all you need to be concerned about, not what any church, priest or pope says.

Last edited:
I believe the sanctity of marriage is predicated on the splitting of spirit into it's male and female halves. That there is only spirit. That spirit contains the essence of femininity and masculinity. And that male and female halves only exist apart in the material world. That marriage is the joining of the two halves that were split apart. Maybe if more people understood this there would be less bad marriages in the first place.

I agree - but nevertheless grey are all theories. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". To leave my first wife was necessary, the divorce unevitable - and to find my second wife was a wonder. She had been in a very similiar situation than I had been and so we did not need many words to understand each other, although we are both chatterboxes.
I make no judgments either way.

¿Judgement?
Yes.

I don't know what kind of answer this is - but the "discussion" within the Catholic Church about "remarriage" is anyway one of the most stupid irreal discussions the world ever had seen. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". And what anyone in the world thinks about me or anyone else, who is remarried, is for me personally without any relevance for anything. Everything what Catholics and others discuss in this direction is in my eyes only a stupid nonsense, which helps no one. Sure is it good to be married "forever" = until the partner dies. But philosophically is for example to die and to live the same. Within life we are surrounded from death. And in general exists by the way no one, who is really a "remarried Catholic", because the Catholic Church marries no one, who was once married. "Remarriage" exists only because people think it's the same to be politically married for a community of people (accepted to be married from other people) and to be spiritually married in the eyes of god (accepted to be married from our father in heaven). You can see this difference by the way very clear in the father of the Lord Joseph, who decided with the help of god to marry Mary and not to take care that Mary was pregnant from someone else - what was not compatible with the rules in his time and place of history.

Last edited:

It was our first date, but something clicked between us and I think she may be the person I spend the rest of my life with.

But, even if it doesn't end up being her, someone will come along eventually because I'm on three dating services and I'm searching very diligently because I hate being alone.

But I think it's total bullshit to ask the Catholic Church to say I wasn't really married to a woman I spent thirty years with and is the mother of my three children.

Being an Episcopalian would be like going to a church that looks Catholic in every way, except the priests don't really care if you even believe in God so long as you put money in the basket.

Or I could just not go to any church on Sunday and work things out just between me and God.

It's a problem for me.

I've been Catholic all my life and giving up Catholicism would be worse than giving up my right arm.

Forget mere religion. It's meaningless if it is not in harmony with truth and God's will.

Little Nipper already went over the topic of divorce from a biblical standpoint in post #51. That's all you need to be concerned about, not what any church, priest or pope says.
... or what you say. So he can also forget what you say, because it is meaningless what you say, if it is not in harmony with truth and god's will.

He is by the way no Catholic. He attacks continously the Catholic Church and specially he attacks continuosly Pope Francis and all forms of tolerance and bridge building. The 'Catholic' faith is his faith - and not the faith of anyone else - and that's the opposite of "catholic". That's a typical problem of sects and esoteric organisations and not a problem of Catholics. We say: "Truth is always true - independent from this one, who speaks the truth." The Holy Spirit shines wherever He likes to shine and not where anyone else likes to see him shine.

Last edited:
I believe the sanctity of marriage is predicated on the splitting of spirit into it's male and female halves. That there is only spirit. That spirit contains the essence of femininity and masculinity. And that male and female halves only exist apart in the material world. That marriage is the joining of the two halves that were split apart. Maybe if more people understood this there would be less bad marriages in the first place.

I agree - but nevertheless grey are all theories. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". To leave my first wife was necessary, the divorce unevitable - and to find my second wife was a wonder. She had been in a very similiar situation than I had been and so we did not need many words to understand each other, although we are both chatterboxes.

¿Judgement?
Yes.

I don't know what kind of answer this is - but the "discussion" within the Catholic Church about "remarriage" is anyway one of the most stupid irreal discussions the world ever had seen. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". And what anyone in the world thinks about me or anyone else, who is remarried, is for me personally without any relevance for anything. Everything what Catholics and others discuss in this direction is in my eyes only a stupid nonsense, which helps no one. Sure is it good to be married "forever" = until the partner dies. But philosophically is for example to die and to live the same. Within life we are surrounded from death. And in general exists by the way no one, who is really a "remarried Catholic", because the Catholic Church marries no one, who was once married. "Remarriage" exists only because people think it's the same to be politically married for a community of people (accepted to be married from other people) and to be spiritually married in the eyes of god (accepted to be married from our father in heaven). You can see this difference by the way very clear in the father of the Lord Joseph, who decided with the help of god to marry Mary and not to take care that Mary was pregnant from someone else - what was not compatible with the rules in his time and place of history.

In not judging you.

The question I have is why wouldn't you put an institution like the Catholic church in your rear view?

Would you support any other business that protected child abusers ?

In the garden of Gethsemane Jesus notably sweated drops of blood. I'm sure HE was totally aware of the horrors HE faced. Yet none was worse than to carry the full weight of all sin --- past, present, and future upon HIS tortured body --- that even HIS FATHER turned away and forsook HIM to HIS fate.
Many of us have a different perspective.

Of all professions percentage wise, the Catholic Church has less child abusers than any other. Are you suggesting we stop supporting doctors, lawyers, teachers, remarriage due to stepfather abuse, uncles, etc? Or are you advocating, "Let's hate Catholics and give all others a pass." The Catholic Church has been trying to weed out ALL instances of abuse. Not seeing that in these other professions are we.

¿Judgement?
Yes.

In not judging you.

What for heavens sake do you try to say with this sentence?

Last edited:
The question I have is why wouldn't you put an institution like the Catholic church in your rear view?

The Catholic Church never supported child abuse - what you would knwo if you had really thought about for example what the grand jury in Pennsylvania had found out. By wasting the money of the tax payer they found out that the Catholic church is somehow the worst criminal organsiotns the USA ever had seen since this plant is existing - but how many Clerics of my church did they arrest, accuse and bring in jail, because of their very impressing results?
As fas ar as I heard in the end two clerics of the catholic chruch in Pennsylvania were in suspicion perhaps to have to pay a little financial penalty because of child abuse because of the results of the grand juery of Pennsylvania. So my counterquestion: Why supported the grand jury of Pennsylvania child abusers?

By the way: Here in Germany was at the same time the probability to find a child abuser under married men about 25-36 times so probable (=2500%-3600% higher) - as to find 1 child abuser under the same number of priests.

Last edited:

It's a problem for me.

i left the catholic church long ago......just a wealthy cult.....

Christ died because he was ratted out. Now you know.
He died because a certain number wanted him dead. The question is, Why did they want him dead? He certainly wasn't ratted out because he had a talent for telling great parables. Telling parables wasn't why anyone wanted him gone.
CHRIST died because HE gave up HIS life HIMSELF. No one took it from HIM.
Jesus was ratted on then crucified by the Romans. He didn't do any of that himself
HE knew it was coming and who would be involved.
Did he know that they were going to nail him to wood with his shlong hanging out? Because they didn't have the diaper thing he is always shown with.
So Jesus died for our sins, so now we can sin all we want because that bill is paid.

¿Judgement?
Yes.

Did you remarry with a guy this time?

Of all professions percentage wise, the Catholic Church has less child abusers than any other. Are you suggesting we stop supporting doctors, lawyers, teachers, remarriage due to stepfather abuse, uncles, etc? Or are you advocating, "Let's hate Catholics and give all others a pass." The Catholic Church has been trying to weed out ALL instances of abuse. Not seeing that in these other professions are we.
but do all those others try to shelter those molesters? Move them around from place to place so as to spare the bad press? Is the top echelon of leadership in all those other professions complicit?

And lets not forget the fact that for the religious, priests and clergy hold power over their congregation. The guy who works in an office pushing paper doesn't have that type of power

The Catholic Church never supported child abuse - what you would knwo if you had really thought about for example what the grand jury in Pennsylvania had found out. By wasting the money of the tax payer they found out that the Catholic church is somehow the worst criminal organsiotns the USA ever had seen since this plant is existing - but how many Clerics of my church did they arrest, accuse and bring in jail, because of their very impressing results?
As fas ar as I heard in the end two clerics of the catholic chruch in Pennsylvania were in suspicion perhaps to have to pay a little financial penalty because of child abuse because of the results of the grand juery of Pennsylvania. So my counterquestion: Why supported the grand jury of Pennsylvania child abusers?

By the way: Here in Germany was at the same time the probability to find a child abuser under married men about 25-36 times so probable (=2500%-3600% higher) - as to find 1 child abuser under the same number of priests.
know they just moved pedophile priests from parish to parish so they wouldn't get caught

Forum List

Back